Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    I would bench all the vets accept Foye. I would play him as a backup. I would start Burks at PG and then slide him over when Foye is in the game. I would tell Marvin that he either needs to be more aggressive or he is going to sit his butt down. I am SO ready for the young guys to play that even includes Murphy and Evans. I CANNOT stand it when the starters just show up and play as it doesn't matter. I want effort all the time. There will be games where you don't play well but effort makes up for a lot.

Watson and Tinsley are old and they can't guard anyone so they need to sit.

refs were on the Kings payroll tonight.Corbin was a scarecrow standing around getting outcoached.Watson on Thomas really?Kings fans all on cocaine,Burks given a chance ,not by Corbin but by injuries showing what we thought he has as a baller.Kanter played hard,refs were just calling different games on each end of the court,allowing mauling on the Jazz end and a whistle on every breath foul against the Jazz.Impossible game to win tonight.Trade AL and Milsap now,play the young the rest of the way.Fire Corbin before he sets the team back any farther.New coach,new players,draft picks and we are good for next year.

Burks scoring over 20 points might be the first time a Jazz PG has scored 20 points in like 3 months.
    The Jazz play like azz when the J ain't workin'.

Another mildly bright spot here is that Kanter looks comfortable shooting out to 18 feet. No hesitation. That's nice to have in a player his size.

As much as that game was a train wreck, watching the young guys play the second half was actually pretty enjoyable.

Banned
    Have the Jazz progressed at all since the start of the 2011-12 season?

Quote Originally Posted by The Norm View Post
    #NoSUSS #SQUAREBIZNESS

Al's trade value is up a bit.
    We have plausible deniability to trade Millsap.
    All of our young players can play more or less.
    We know Marvin Williams isn't a solution to anything.
    The stock market hasn't collapsed.

This is progress.

well i'm sure glad i didn't watch this game. i hate reruns...

Quote Originally Posted by The Norm View Post
    The answer is worse than you think. I think they have taken a slight step backwards.

My reasoning for that is we all assumed that the young guys would get more and more minutes as the seasons progressed. As it stands now, all these guys are seeing less minutes. If they are to take over this team next year then we are hurting ourselves with the lack of playing time. Is Corbin letting them play through mistakes? No. Is Corbin letting them stay out on the floor when they are playing at a high level? No. What is there to be encouraged about? I'd say the play lately of the young guys. Too bad when players get healthy we will see less time for the young guys.

What can I do about it? Nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

I see the Jazz losing two of their next three. After the All Star break I see the Jazz dropping another two of the next three.

If I'm right the Jazz record would be 30-28. Wow, that looks promising.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Got to love Marvin. Starts off hitting 2 shots. Things looking ok.
    He proceeds to give up 3 wide open 3 pt shots, blows a lay up, airballs a 3, throws away the ball, and play overrated defense.
    He was the last starter to come out. Corbin's love affair with this clown is mind blowing.
    "Hayward can be a #1?"......"Maybe if he goes down to Fort Wayne...DLeague" -ESPN

The Jazz have not improved in any real, appreciable way and this is not news.

Great job, Jazz. Try not to out-think yourselves.
    #loseeveryremaininggame

Quote Originally Posted by Gyp Rosetti View Post
    So true. I can't wait to hear, "Oh well, if Mo had been healthy..." Mother****ers, we were better without Mo than with him. Mo's not the issue. Gordon's injury hasn't really been the issue. It's coaching first and foremost. I honestly think Thibs could get 51 or 52 wins with this team as currently constructed.
    Thibs is a decade of tenure short of all-time great. I don't disagree.
    #loseeveryremaininggame

Guys, it's okay. This game was on the road. Teams worth a **** don't win games on the road anyway. When the Jazz get back home, look out.
    #loseeveryremaininggame