Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    258
    Rep Power
    0
    Rep Level
    -120

    Didn't like this update from Rotoworld

    "Alec Burks came off the bench to score a career-high 24 points on Saturday, making 7-of-15 FGs and 9-of-9 FTs in 27 minutes of action. Burks said the Kings' passionate crowd reminded him of his college days, and he certainly played like it, adding three rebounds and one block as Utah's bench nearly clawed them back into the game. This was his second game in the past month with double-digit points, and Gordon Hayward (shoulder) will ultimately reduce Burks to an afterthought."

    Alec doesn't respect our crowd? I'll be honest, i've been watching all the games on my NBA ticket package, and they seem disinterested / bored

  2.  

     

  3. #2
    Senior Member GVC's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    I'm jus' one dem guys...come, scrap, blue collar, junkyard dog
    Posts
    6,076
    Rep Power
    50
    Rep Level
    10134
    The Kings had a sort of rally to keep the team in Sacramento last night. Were chanting in unison. That's all.
    http://jazzfanz.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=133&dateline=1317382587

  4. #3
    Premium Member Xsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Saint George
    Posts
    963
    Rep Power
    19
    Rep Level
    2619
    Our crowd is great, but the Kings crowd last night really was something else. Gatta give that to 'em.

    The Jazz haven't been giving the crowd at home much to cheer for lately anyway.
    http://jazzfanz.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1889&dateline=1332058703

  5. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    40
    Rep Power
    0
    Rep Level
    68
    I can only watch on league pass as well and I agree many of the Jazz home games have seemed like there were a lot of empty seats. I can't blame Jazz fans for not wanting to pay to go to a game when the organization isn't committed to winning as evidenced by the head coach. Hopefully lack of attendance forces Greg Miller's grubby, little spoiled hand and he makes a change starting with Corbin.

  6. #5
    Senior Member orangello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Draft BPA
    Posts
    13,425
    Rep Power
    64
    Rep Level
    15265
    Quote Originally Posted by Xsy View Post
    Our crowd is great, but the Kings crowd last night really was something else. Gatta give that to 'em.

    The Jazz haven't been giving the crowd at home much to cheer for lately anyway.
    This.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

  7. #6
    Senior Member IBProfane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    553
    Rep Power
    16
    Rep Level
    439
    Quote Originally Posted by D Will Texas View Post
    "Alec Burks came off the bench to score a career-high 24 points on Saturday, making 7-of-15 FGs and 9-of-9 FTs in 27 minutes of action. Burks said the Kings' passionate crowd reminded him of his college days, and he certainly played like it, adding three rebounds and one block as Utah's bench nearly clawed them back into the game. This was his second game in the past month with double-digit points, and Gordon Hayward (shoulder) will ultimately reduce Burks to an afterthought."

    Alec doesn't respect our crowd? I'll be honest, i've been watching all the games on my NBA ticket package, and they seem disinterested / bored
    I'm not too worried about this. Burks will see what we're capable of once he and the other lottery picks get serious playing time. He has to notice they're noticeably louder when the 2nd unit is in the game.

  8. #7
    Senior Member jope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ogden City Limits
    Posts
    1,616
    Rep Power
    25
    Rep Level
    3056
    Our arena has been at minimum < 50% capacity for all 4 games i've been to this year. Hard to be loud when no one is there

  9. #8
    Senior Member fgcamel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Auckland, NZ
    Posts
    910
    Rep Power
    17
    Rep Level
    2329
    Quote Originally Posted by D Will Texas View Post
    "Alec Burks came off the bench to score a career-high 24 points on Saturday, making 7-of-15 FGs and 9-of-9 FTs in 27 minutes of action. Burks said the Kings' passionate crowd reminded him of his college days, and he certainly played like it, adding three rebounds and one block as Utah's bench nearly clawed them back into the game. This was his second game in the past month with double-digit points, and Gordon Hayward (shoulder) will ultimately reduce Burks to an afterthought."

    Alec doesn't respect our crowd? I'll be honest, i've been watching all the games on my NBA ticket package, and they seem disinterested / bored
    This is the part that i didn't like.

  10. #9
    Premium Member Core4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Dante's inferno
    Posts
    14,264
    Rep Power
    99
    Rep Level
    24303
    Congrats to the Utah Jazz fans for finally voting with their $ and butts (or lack thereof) that the status quo is unacceptable. Hope Greggy Boy either directs K O'Lindsey to make changes or puts the team up for sale so Utah can get an ownership group that is willing to go for a championship...not just treat the team like another asset in their business empire.

  11. #10
    Premium Member Core4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Dante's inferno
    Posts
    14,264
    Rep Power
    99
    Rep Level
    24303
    Quote Originally Posted by D Will Texas View Post
    "Alec Burks came off the bench to score a career-high 24 points on Saturday, making 7-of-15 FGs and 9-of-9 FTs in 27 minutes of action. Burks said the Kings' passionate crowd reminded him of his college days, and he certainly played like it, adding three rebounds and one block as Utah's bench nearly clawed them back into the game. This was his second game in the past month with double-digit points, and Gordon Hayward (shoulder) will ultimately reduce Burks to an afterthought."

    Alec doesn't respect our crowd? I'll be honest, i've been watching all the games on my NBA ticket package, and they seem disinterested / bored
    Hey, I have an idea...why not start Burks, Foye, Hayward, Favors and Kanter? Reason I have Foye in there is to keep stretching the "D" and help Burks out with handling the point since he's young. Then you could bring Tinsley off the bench with Hayward sliding back to SG and Carroll coming in at SF. And who knows...without Al taking 20 shots per game, Marvin Williams might even get more chances and show what he's capable of. This coaching thing really isn't that difficult; it just takes the cajones to make some hard choices.

  12. #11
    Senior Member IBProfane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    553
    Rep Power
    16
    Rep Level
    439
    Quote Originally Posted by MoTown16 View Post
    Congrats to the Utah Jazz fans for finally voting with their $ and butts (or lack thereof) that the status quo is unacceptable.
    Agreed. Jazz fans are pretty basketball savvy, they know this team isn't getting out of the 1st round. Dumping the ball in the block to Al Jefferson every possession isn't exactly exciting. I think the fans will come back, even if we have a year or two of growing pains.

  13. #12
    Premium Member Core4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Dante's inferno
    Posts
    14,264
    Rep Power
    99
    Rep Level
    24303
    Quote Originally Posted by IBProfane View Post
    Agreed. Jazz fans are pretty basketball savvy, they know this team isn't getting out of the 1st round. Dumping the ball in the block to Al Jefferson every possession isn't exactly exciting. I think the fans will come back, even if we have a year or two of growing pains.
    Just like the year the Jazz were - by many "expert" opinions - supposed to challenge for the worst record in history and damn near made the playoffs with a team led by AK and Raja. Of course, the Jazz don't have the coaching they did back then, but we've already glimpsed how the team can play without Al. Jefferson-ball is boring. An Al-less team passes the ball around, everyone gets involved and the games are actually fun to watch. There's always the chance the Jazz might have a couple of really bad games without veterans to lead the team. One thing we're definitely assured of with Al, Paul, Randy, etc. is that the games will always be close. Oh wait...!

  14. #13
    Senior Member IBProfane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    553
    Rep Power
    16
    Rep Level
    439
    Quote Originally Posted by MoTown16 View Post
    Just like the year the Jazz were - by many "expert" opinions - supposed to challenge for the worst record in history and damn near made the playoffs with a team led by AK and Raja. Of course, the Jazz don't have the coaching they did back then, but we've already glimpsed how the team can play without Al. Jefferson-ball is boring. An Al-less team passes the ball around, everyone gets involved and the games are actually fun to watch. There's always the chance the Jazz might have a couple of really bad games without veterans to lead the team. One thing we're definitely assured of with Al, Paul, Randy, etc. is that the games will always be close. Oh wait...!
    Yep. Ironically, that same Jazz squad that was supposed to be the worst in NBA history is my favorite Jazz squad ever despite the fact that we didn't make the playoffs. Jerry Sloan got so much out of those role players, I even remember Mikki Moore coming in and turning some games around for that team.

    The passing I've seen from Burks, the entry feeds from the high post from Kanter and Favors to one another, I think it could be a really fun team full of high IQ players that move the ball and play team basketball. They should only get better the more time they spend on the court together. Hard to develop any kind of cohesive chemistry when you play 6-12 minutes a game together but they've shown glimpses despite that.

  15. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0
    Rep Level
    10
    Where were the Kings fans before they got told their moving? Only care now cuz they're losing em.

  16. #15
    Premium Member Xsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Saint George
    Posts
    963
    Rep Power
    19
    Rep Level
    2619
    The worst thing about Utah's situation right now is the fact that MOST of the Jazz's marketing campaign features Hayward, Favors, Kanter, and Burks.

    This is an ad on utahjazz.com:


    @UtahJazz's Twitter:


    Energy Solutions Arena:


    And of course Hayward in every commercial break.



    The Jazz organization must know how much we really love these guys.

    Good thing we play these guys less than everyone else.
    http://jazzfanz.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1889&dateline=1332058703

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •