Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by MoTown16 View Post
    Congrats to the Utah Jazz fans for finally voting with their $ and butts (or lack thereof) that the status quo is unacceptable. Hope Greggy Boy either directs K O'Lindsey to make changes or puts the team up for sale so Utah can get an ownership group that is willing to go for a championship...not just treat the team like another asset in their business empire.
    Not sure how accurate it is but according to espn.com, the Jazz are 13th in attendance hitting 90.8% of seating capacity for the year and are 9th as far as pure people in the seats goes. That's about 500 less people per game than last year.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Sacramento's crowd used to be live, you guys do remember when we played them back in 1999-2000 in the playoffs? Stockton KILLED the crowd, sent Utah back home in game 6 to cruise thru Sacto.

Now Sacramento finds out they're about to lose their team and want to get all hyphy again.

I could eat a peach for hours.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by D Will Texas View Post
    "Alec Burks came off the bench to score a career-high 24 points on Saturday, making 7-of-15 FGs and 9-of-9 FTs in 27 minutes of action. Burks said the Kings' passionate crowd reminded him of his college days, and he certainly played like it, adding three rebounds and one block as Utah's bench nearly clawed them back into the game. This was his second game in the past month with double-digit points, and Gordon Hayward (shoulder) will ultimately reduce Burks to an afterthought."

Alec doesn't respect our crowd? I'll be honest, i've been watching all the games on my NBA ticket package, and they seem disinterested / bored
    This is why we need to trade Marvin.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I'll admit, that Sacramento crowd was loud and very much into the game. But they have something to rally around, they want to keep their team from moving. Maybe if the Utah crowd had something to rally around like Sacramento, our crowd could regain the energy we are used to seeing in the past. The kings fans were using the "Here we stay" battle cry...in similar fashion, maybe Jazz fans can chant "No more Ty, No more Ty!" at the next home game. Just a thought.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Not that I actually agree with everything I'm about to say but just pointing out the opposite side.

Those saying management and ownership are spoiled how about some of the fan base being spoiled, sadly the Jazz could be in a very very similar position as Sacto and Utah could be losing the Jazz. At the very least I know personally my work production would go up instead of spending as much time reading this board.

Oh and for the previously mentioned team the year after S&M retired, I went to more games that year then any year before or after (admittedly part of it was all the pricing deals they had).

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    The Sactown crowd was doing the wave, chanting "Here We Stay" and otherwise going nuts. It was more about keeping the Kings than it was about rooting against Utah.

They did a great job as a fan base.
    #BelieveInLindsey

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I no longer have any pride in this team for a few reasons. As someone said above, the team in treated as a business asset, and they replaced a HOF coach with Tyrone Corbin.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Hearing the crowd from the bench does not have the same effect DWillTexas.

I can understand Burks. He had a tough time dealing with his coach's decision. Guards are always more ready for action than bigmen. And Burks is right if he thinks he can outplay many players in the league right now. It's really important for young players to play in the right team at the right time. But also patience is important to achieve long term goals. I hope he stays within the young roster led by Favors.
    David Locke: "Because what happens in this league is, people start shooting threes and they get soft and donít want contact and then they just stay out there all the time. Youíre not going to get soft, are you?"
    Enes Kanter: "I kind of live in the paint, man. Come on. I wonít get soft. Donít worry about that."

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fresh Prince View Post
    Sacramento's crowd used to be live, you guys do remember when we played them back in 1999-2000 in the playoffs? Stockton KILLED the crowd, sent Utah back home in game 6 to cruise thru Sacto.
    That was great series but small correction - it was game 4 when Stock hit that game winning shot and game 5 was far far from cruising - Divac missed last second hook shot at the end of regulation and we won in overtime after that.
    Exum = Biggest bust in Jazz history.