If I were the Utah Jazz GM this is what I would do:
1. Fire Corbin
2. Hire Popovich as the new head coach with an offer he can't refuse (convince the Millers to give him half their car dealerships in Utah as an incentive)
3. Resign as GM and let Popovich be both GM and Head Coach, since I have no clue what I'm doing anyways...
Then watch the Jazz instantly become a serious threat in the West...
1. Trade Al for a PG.
2. Take a nap.
3. Watch more Jazz games.
1. I would try and facilitate this trade:
LAC trades: DeAndre Jordan/Lamar Odom, Chauncey Billups, Eric Bledsoe
LAC receives: Al Jefferson, Will Bynum, Utah 2013 1st Round pick
UTA trades: Al Jefferson, Raja Bell, Utah 2013 1st Round Pick, Utah 2014 2nd Round Pick
UTA receives: DeAndre Jordan/Lamar Odom, Chauncey Billups, Eric Bledsoe
DET trades: Will Bynum
DET receives: Raja Bell, Utah 2014 2nd Round Pick
I would rather take
2. I would try and make this deal:
UTA trades: Paul Millsap, Alec Burks
UTA receives: Eric Gordon
NOH trades: Eric Gordon
NOH receives: Paul Millsap, Alec Burks
3. Lock up Hayward and Favors with extensions this fall that pay them each between $8-10 million annually.
That would give us this line-up going into next season:
Bledsoe/GSW Pick (Burke?)
Hayward/M. Williams/Caroll (resigned)
I think by 2015, that is a top 3-4 team in the West barring injury. If we received Odom instead of Jordon, we would be about $5 million under the cap including capholds. You would hope that you could package Marvin Williams expiring deal with Jordan by the deadline to pick up a big ($15-16) million expiring deal. That would keep us in check financially when the Favors/Hayward extensions kick in.
Every post should involve firing Corbin and trading Al. Any that don't are obvious troll posts.
1-Call Sacramento about Thompson and Brooks.
2-Call Milwaukee about their multitude of skilled bigs.
3-Call Karl & John and apologize.
4- Hire Gordon Chiesa as PR guy to immediately breath enthusiasm and optism into the organization and fans.
Last edited by mellow; 02-11-2013 at 01:29 PM.
"If we try to find drama anytime we win or lose ... we're going to kill ourselves and you guys are, too." Quin Snyder
2)Trade Al jefferson and paul millsap in the same trade
3) hire Nick(possibly Dave) Hopla in off season to show how to shoot 3pts to favors and enes
and god's choice is 3
Andrew Wiggins = Travis Outlaw da GAWD