Thread: Memphis

First BF League CHAMP nightmare3983's Avatar
    The dark void between summer league and training camp
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrone Torbin View Post
    Austin Daye ****ing blows.

He is a 6-11 CJ Miles.
    I can't believe it took this many posts for someone to point this out.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Weezur View Post
    The difference is that Rudy Gay is someone teams actually want.
    I can't think of any team that would want a low-post scorer who can't defend. Nobody in the league really values that.
    Strange, our GM valued it and traded for it. Does that make our gm stupid.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneakers View Post
    You'd be surprised how often I've read... on other forums and what not... that trading Jefferson to the Spurs "guarantees them a championship". LOL. It just goes to show that people don't all know him quite like we do. Now obviously these are simply fans and not paid scouts, but who knows, maybe there is still an Al market out there.
    Hell yes there is a market for Al. Our fans are stupid for thinking he has zero value. We traded for him didn't we? And dont we have the best gm ever?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by green View Post
    I'd rather have Al than Gay.

Al is a good player. Boring but good. If we didn't have Favors and Kanter, I think people would like Al a whole lot more.
    I know. The situation is just as unfair to Jefferson and Millsap as it is for Favors and Kanter. I really thought it would have been sorted out by now.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    Hell yes there is a market for Al. Our fans are stupid for thinking he has zero value. We traded for him didn't we? And dont we have the best gm ever?
    And what did Minnesota get in return?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartsock View Post
    And what did Minnesota get in return?
    Gee, I don't know. How about 2 firsts and Koufus who was still a young prospect. So three firsts basically, and eceryone said what a great deal the Jazz got. I'd take two firsts and a prospect for Jefferson. Plus we were taking a guy with questions about his knee. Now he is unquestionably healthy.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Saved space.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    Gee, I don't know. How about 2 firsts and Koufus who was still a young prospect. So three firsts basically, and eceryone said what a great deal the Jazz got. I'd take two firsts and a prospect for Jefferson. Plus we were taking a guy with questions about his knee. Now he is unquestionably healthy.
    Koufos, blah, and whom did they take with those firsts? Or have they not used them yet? Al is not a god awful terrible player he isnt a life changer but he is not terrible, there is a 95% chance he is better than anything the Wolves will get with those picks or that the jazz would have gotten.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmare3983 View Post
    I can't believe it took this many posts for someone to point this out.
    lol no he is 6-11 cj miles in kevin durant's body having krylo fesenko's brain
    Andrew Wiggins = Travis Outlaw da GAWD

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartsock View Post
    Koufos, blah, and whom did they take with those firsts? Or have they not used them yet? Al is not a god awful terrible player he isnt a life changer but he is not terrible, there is a 95% chance he is better than anything the Wolves will get with those picks or that the jazz would have gotten.
    This gets complicated:

With the 2011 pick from Memphis, the Timberwolves drafted Donatas Motiejūnas 20th overall, but traded his draft rights, Johnny Flynn, and 2012 second round pick for Brad Miller, draft rights to the 23rd overall pick Nikola Mirotić (who they traded to Chicago for draft rights to 28th pick Norris Cole, 43rd pick Malcolm Lee, and cash), 38th pick Chandler Parsons, and future first-round draft pick. Rockets re-aquired Parsons for cash.

Minnesota then traded the draft rights to 28th pick Norris Cole to the Miami Heat for draft rights to 31st pick Bojan Bogdanović, 2014 second-round pick and cash. Minnesota then traded draft rights to Bogdanović to the Nets for 2014 2nd-round draft pick and cash.

Minnesota traded the 2012 18th overall pick from us to Houston for Chase Budinger and draft rights to Lior Eliyahu (2006, 44th overall).

*Minnesota traded Koufus in the Carmelo Anthony trade and Brad Miller to the Suns in the Wesley Johnson/Robin Lopez trade.*

So basically the TWolves (indirectly) turned the Al Jefferson trade pieces into:
    Chase Budinger
    2013 1st round top-14 protected pick from Memphis (via Houston)
    Malcolm Lee
    Draft rights to Lior Eliyahu
    A bunch of future second-round picks
    Cash considerations

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by berkkobe View Post
    lol no he is 6-11 cj miles in kevin durant's body having krylo fesenko's brain
    Good point.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by MDAV28 View Post
    This gets complicated:

With the 2011 pick from Memphis, the Timberwolves drafted Donatas Motiejūnas 20th overall, but traded his draft rights, Johnny Flynn, and 2012 second round pick for Brad Miller, draft rights to the 23rd overall pick Nikola Mirotić (who they traded to Chicago for draft rights to 28th pick Norris Cole, 43rd pick Malcolm Lee, and cash), 38th pick Chandler Parsons, and future first-round draft pick. Rockets re-aquired Parsons for cash.

Minnesota then traded the draft rights to 28th pick Norris Cole to the Miami Heat for draft rights to 31st pick Bojan Bogdanović, 2014 second-round pick and cash. Minnesota then traded draft rights to Bogdanović to the Nets for 2014 2nd-round draft pick and cash.

Minnesota traded the 2012 18th overall pick from us to Houston for Chase Budinger and draft rights to Lior Eliyahu (2006, 44th overall).

*Minnesota traded Koufus in the Carmelo Anthony trade and Brad Miller to the Suns in the Wesley Johnson/Robin Lopez trade.*

So basically the TWolves (indirectly) turned the Al Jefferson trade pieces into:
    Chase Budinger
    2013 1st round top-14 protected pick from Memphis (via Houston)
    Malcolm Lee
    Draft rights to Lior Eliyahu
    A bunch of future second-round picks
    Cash considerations
    Rep'd for going to the trouble of finding this and typing it all out.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by vslice02 View Post
    As a secondary option in a more limited role (i.e. not playing 34-minutes against a team that can pick&roll you to death) he definitely has some value. How much? Who knows - although I think it says alot that Utah only had to give up Kosta Koufos (at the time their 3rd-center), their own lottery-protected pick and a lottery-protected pick from Memphis (essentially Ronnie Brewer).
    In the first quarter of the Bulls game, it looked like Jefferson handled the pick-and-roll fairly will. He kept the shooter from penetrating, and most of the time contested Noah's shot when Noah go the pass. He seemed less energetic at the end of the game, but I think playing the entire second half had a lot to do with that.
    http://lifetheuniverseandonebrow.blogspot.com/

Isaiah 1:18 -- Come now, and let us reason together

Any habitual action, such as eating or dressing, may be performed on the appropriate occasion, without any need of thought, and the same seems to be true of a painfully large proportion of our talk. -- Bertrand Russell

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by One Brow View Post
    In the first quarter of the Bulls game, it looked like Jefferson handled the pick-and-roll fairly will. He kept the shooter from penetrating, and most of the time contested Noah's shot when Noah go the pass. He seemed less energetic at the end of the game, but I think playing the entire second half had a lot to do with that.
    You might be right...I don't recall seeing anything unusual about Al's P&R defense against the Bulls although Chicago did score 31 pts in the 1st-qtr, Noah is not a gifted screen-roll finisher and the Bulls had enough energy to close on the second night of a back-to-back at the end of a 6-game road trip. I agree Big Al definitely gets winded not only late in that game but often after playing 10 minutes or so his rebounding and effort running the floor drops significantly. He probably should be on a KG-type rotation - 6 minutes then get a quick blow. Wouldn't fix all his liabilities but it could help a little.
    "It's a loss. It's one loss on our home floor that we aren't happy with." -Ty Corbin, 12/26/12.
    "It's one loss." -Ty Corbin, 1/11/13.
    "Whether you lose by one or by 45 like we did tonight, it's one loss." -Ty Corbin, 1/28/13.
    "It's one loss." -Ty Corbin, 4/3/13.
    It's disappointing any time you don't make the playoffs." -Ty Corbin, 4/17/13.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by The Thriller View Post

You can never say that the league is fresh out of stupid when you still have MJ managing.
    True dat!