Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarkanian View Post
    Kanter not mentioned in that article?
    Kanter has more potential than both Favors and Gordon.
    That's one of the biggest things that bugs me. Kanter is being lost in the whole mix. We spent a 3rd overall pick for a guy who the Jazz will probably never start even though he will be good enough to.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by YB85 View Post
    Malone only came off the bench for five games in his rookie year and those are the only five games he ever came off the bench during his career.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...malonka01.html
    So Karl averaged 14 and 8 in 30 MPG his rookie year, got significant playing time, and by year three was averaging 27 and 12. Favors or Kanter will never enter that kind of numbers club, but I have ZERO doubt that if they had been given 30 MPG they could've at least averaged close to that 14/8 that Karl did and would be progressing exponentially faster.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Before the "Sloan didn't play Deron either" argument spirals out of control, a couple of facts:
    1.) Sloan admitted he probably should've played Deron more as a rookie.
    2.) Even playing less than he likely deserved, Deron still started 47/80 games and averaged 29 min per - as a rookie.
    3.) Prior to becoming a starter as a rookie, Deron's numbers were: 9.3pts/3.9ast/FG:38%FG/3pt:35% in 26.5 mpg. (Not much better than Palacio/McLeod)
    As a starter 12.4pts/5.2ast/FG:47%/3pt:54% in 30mpg. He should've played more but he also didn't play well to start the season.
    4.) In Deron's 2nd-season he started all 80 games and averaged 36.9 mpg. And he also spent some time that summer working w/former Jazz great John Stockton.

I see Favors' mpg go from 20.2 in 2011, to 21.2 in 11-12, to 22.0 in 12-13. I see Kanter improve by leaps&bounds yet his minutes progress only from 13.2 to 14.3 and sometimes he doesn't even get into the game in the 2nd-half. I see Burks go from 7 DNP-CD in 11-12 to 16 DNP-CD in 12-13. How can anyone see legitimate progression there?
    "It's a loss. It's one loss on our home floor that we aren't happy with." -Ty Corbin, 12/26/12.
    "It's one loss." -Ty Corbin, 1/11/13.
    "Whether you lose by one or by 45 like we did tonight, it's one loss." -Ty Corbin, 1/28/13.
    "It's one loss." -Ty Corbin, 4/3/13.
    It's disappointing any time you don't make the playoffs." -Ty Corbin, 4/17/13.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by vslice02 View Post
    Before the "Sloan didn't play Deron either" argument spirals out of control, a couple of facts:
    1.) Sloan admitted he probably should've played Deron more as a rookie.
    2.) Even playing less than he likely deserved, Deron still started 47/80 games and averaged 29 min per - as a rookie.
    3.) Prior to becoming a starter as a rookie, Deron's numbers were: 9.3pts/3.9ast/FG:38%FG/3pt:35% in 26.5 mpg. (Not much better than Palacio/McLeod)
    As a starter 12.4pts/5.2ast/FG:47%/3pt:54% in 30mpg. He should've played more but he also didn't play well to start the season.
    4.) In Deron's 2nd-season he started all 80 games and averaged 36.9 mpg. And he also spent some time that summer working w/former Jazz great John Stockton.

I see Favors' mpg go from 20.2 in 2011, to 21.2 in 11-12, to 22.0 in 12-13. I see Kanter improve by leaps&bounds yet his minutes progress only from 13.2 to 14.3 and sometimes he doesn't even get into the game in the 2nd-half. I see Burks go from 7 DNP-CD in 11-12 to 16 DNP-CD in 12-13. How can anyone see legitimate progression there?
    Rep this man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eenie-Meenie View Post
    I've never stalked anyone in my life, including any of my girl friends.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Xsy View Post
    Seriously, I've been preparing for the inevitability of Utah standing pat this trade deadline.

Yet even though I see no trades on the horizon, you bet I'm still gonna melt down!
    this.
    You know squat. You know less than squat. You and Squat could go to the movies and Squat could wear an "I'm with Stupid" t-shirt!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I really wonder if by trading away Jefferson, we could unleash our offesnive potential.
    Always remember that you are absolutely unique.
    Just like everyone else.
    -Margaret Mead

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Qman View Post
    I really wonder if by trading away Jefferson, we could unleash our offesnive potential.
    Sort of. It would be different. The Jazz would get their points by being physically superior to their opponents and/or by outworking them. Transition, offensive rebounds, and ball-movement. Enes will look like Shaq/McHale/Malone some nights and Rafa on others, Favors will look like rookie Amare on some nights and Chris Wilcox in others, Hayward will look like Ginobili on some nights and Giricek in others, and Alec Burks will look like Dwyane Wade on some nights but will look more like David Benoit (I'm finding a hard comparison here) on others.

But consistent performance requires consistent opportunities. That is consistent. The team could be a lot better, roughly the same, or a little worse. I do not believe the Jazz would be a lot worse than they have been.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eenie-Meenie View Post
    I've never stalked anyone in my life, including any of my girl friends.

I'm jus' one dem guys...come, scrap, blue collar, junkyard dog
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by vslice02 View Post
    Yep. Does Marvin play the 3 any better than Millsap? Does Earl play the point any better than Burks? Would cutting Al's and Millsap's minutes by 2-4 each hurt the team's chances of making the playoffs? Has Ty made any changes not motivated by injuries other than moving Foye to the starting lineup this season? I have trouble seeing how anyone could answer "yes" to any of these questions. The minutes/opportunity are there for the youngsters.

Play Millsap at the 3 for 8 minutes per game, cut Al's minutes by 4 and Paul's minutes by 2 per game, and you've created 14 additional minutes per game for Favors and Kanter.

I'm willing to give KOC/Lindsey through fee agency to see what direction they're going to take the team, as they have limited control over what moves they can make now (and might not get deals they think are better than the potential sign-and-trade value of pending free agents), but watching a re-hash of last season, while developing young talent, ready for more responsibility, is ignored on the bench game after game is tiresome.
    http://jazzfanz.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=133&dateline=1317382587

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by infection View Post
    man, i feel sorry for lillard and the way portland is completely screwing his future not teaching him the value of having his ass glued to the bench.
    bam!
    You know squat. You know less than squat. You and Squat could go to the movies and Squat could wear an "I'm with Stupid" t-shirt!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I'm one of the more critical people of Jazz mgmt and coaching but I actually enjoyed the interview.

Two things stuck out to me:

-his mentioning Favors and Kanter commitment to winning. I think we see that but it is good to hear him talk about it. I remember when Al made those loser mentality comments last playoffs and jazz mgmt talked go him about it. I think they know Al's mentality but won't crush him publicly. Which is smart.

-I also liked that he mentioned that if we are contending we will go Into the Lux tax. They've done it before in Derons last year and he mentions that revenue sharing in the new CBA makes this easier.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by NUMBERICA View Post
    I've deconstructed this and cannot for the life of me figure out how this makes sense. Seems to me the best teams end up with the least trade rumors.
    When other people are telling you that you need to take this trade, they generally meant that they want to to take this trade. Just like if you walk into a car dealership, and the salesman says "You really need this car", generally it's the salesman who really wants the sale.
    http://lifetheuniverseandonebrow.blogspot.com/

Isaiah 1:18 -- Come now, and let us reason together

Any habitual action, such as eating or dressing, may be performed on the appropriate occasion, without any need of thought, and the same seems to be true of a painfully large proportion of our talk. -- Bertrand Russell

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by themanknownassting View Post
    We live in a new society.
    Yes, the massive changes in human nature over the past 40 years have been astounding.

Any habitual action, such as eating or dressing, may be performed on the appropriate occasion, without any need of thought, and the same seems to be true of a painfully large proportion of our talk. -- Bertrand Russell

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by zman1527 View Post
    Williams, 30, took umbrage last week when ESPN columnist Bill Simmons said the Jazz need to find a point guard. He posted to his Twitter account, "What the hell Bill Simmons talking about the jazz need a point guard. What the hell position have I been playing all yr [sic]?"
    I don't know, what the hell position have you?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I don't see a big trade happening this year.

If Burks keeps playing PG after Watson returns, I see us trying to sign-and-trade for an upgrade at SF.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by NUMBERICA View Post
    Rep this man.
    Why bother to rep him, he may not meet the criteria set up to get credit for reps. like I have been told I don't. I have gotten 6 positive reps. and I still sit at 7, so I have started to neg. rep. the moderators. What can they do to me take away some of my reps. LOL Screw this site and its moderators