Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Looking at the Nets interest in Millsap. Trying to make it work.

Basically the Nets seem to be interest in Millsap and the most tradeable assets are Humphries and Marshon Brooks. There were some rumblings the Jazz might "take a flyer" in Hump but that obviously isn't enough. The Nets have all their draft picks. But they will probably be in the 20's. So I set up various possibilities where other teams would give the Jazz a draft pick along with the one from Brooklyn. I also put together some stuff if the Jazz have interest in Teletovic (stretch four)or CJ Watson. I'm not saying I like all or even one of the trades. But Hump, and two 1st round picks with some other spare parts would be enough? I probably wouldn't do it unless the draft picks were actually good. But here are the scenarios I came up with.

Captura de ecrã total 16-02-2013 185023.bmp.jpg Captura de ecrã total 16-02-2013 185105.bmp.jpg Captura de ecrã total 16-02-2013 185117.bmp.jpg
    Captura de ecrã total 16-02-2013 185124.bmp.jpg Captura de ecrã total 16-02-2013 191258.bmp.jpg

I'm jus' one dem guys...come, scrap, blue collar, junkyard dog
    1. Neither the Bucks nor Suns are giving up 2 firsts for Marshon Brooks.

2. Nets 1sts are of very little value.

3. The Jazz are better off re-signing Millsap or letting him expire than taking on Humphries.

No thanks.
    http://jazzfanz.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=133&dateline=1317382587

Quote Originally Posted by Lion's Roar View Post
    Basically the Nets seem to be interest in Millsap and the most tradeable assets are Humphries and Marshon Brooks. There were some rumblings the Jazz might "take a flyer" in Hump but that obviously isn't enough. The Nets have all their draft picks. But they will probably be in the 20's. So I set up various possibilities where other teams would give the Jazz a draft pick along with the one from Brooklyn. I also put together some stuff if the Jazz have interest in Teletovic (stretch four)or CJ Watson. I'm not saying I like all or even one of the trades. But Hump, and two 1st round picks with some other spare parts would be enough? I probably wouldn't do it unless the draft picks were actually good. But here are the scenarios I came up with.

Captura de ecrã total 16-02-2013 185023.bmp.jpg Captura de ecrã total 16-02-2013 185105.bmp.jpg Captura de ecrã total 16-02-2013 185117.bmp.jpg
    Captura de ecrã total 16-02-2013 185124.bmp.jpg Captura de ecrã total 16-02-2013 191258.bmp.jpg
    Humphries really!

I don't see any likely scenario where The Jazz and Nets pull off a trade that I would feel good about. The feeling in Nets land is they're "one player away" from competing with The Heat (which to me is laughable). I don't think they're looking to trade anything of immediate value and as it has already been mentioned, their draft picks are not that valuable.

No thanks on Humphries. That leaves the Jazz with two big wasted salaries next season in Humphries and Marvin Williams. No room to go out and make an offer for Dwight Howard:-)

Seriously, it prevents the Jaz from doing much of anything in free agency. That's too steep of a price for Brooks. And that's what every other team is saying!
    JUST WIN (THE LOTTERY) BABY!

The Nets don't have anything to offer anyone--they've completely handcuffed themselves for the next five years. Moving on

Deron Williams?

Banned
    You guys wouldn't take do it for Humphries (only one more year--could flip him), Brooks and two 1sts, in 2014 (loaded draft) and 2016? If, and only if, we have no intention of really re-signing Millsap, this is a no-brainer for me.

No one will give up a 2014 draft pick right now.
    It's way too valuable.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by slc View Post
    It's way too valuable.
    The Nets, with the acquisition, probably think they'd only get around the 25th pick anyway. How much value does that really have to them? Millsap on the other hand could in their eyes make them legit contenders.

Quote Originally Posted by slc View Post
    It's way too valuable.
    If you think you will be a contender then you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

I'll pass on Kris Kardashian.

I said it before and I'll say it again, Millsap for Humphries and two unconditional first rounders.

The Nets are turning into the Knicks and those firsts will be gold in 2-5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by green View Post
    I said it before and I'll say it again, Millsap for Humphries and two unconditional first rounders.

The Nets are turning into the Knicks and those firsts will be gold in 2-5 years.
    This, I would consider. You may be right, Dwill and Joe Johnson are getting older and worse each year. Who has upside? I'd rather take Marshon Brooks than Kardashian. It's all about upside and I just don't see it with Kardashian, although if we lose Al (please God), Kris is a decent third big man, although Ty would probably start him over Favors and Kanter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ty the Turd View Post
    You guys wouldn't take do it for Humphries (only one more year--could flip him), Brooks and two 1sts, in 2014 (loaded draft) and 2016? If, and only if, we have no intention of really re-signing Millsap, this is a no-brainer for me.
    I don't care how "loaded" a darft is; you're still picking in the late 20's. When was the last time the Jazz picked up anyone decent in the late teens or 20's? I guess a case could be made for Koufos. He's developed into a serviceable player...after many years. But it's more likely the Jazz wind up with a guy like Almond or Podkelzine. Better to have the cap space for FA's. Look at what Houston was able to do; they got a ton of players on the cheap because everyone else had already used up their available money.
    JUST WIN (THE LOTTERY) BABY!