Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by MoTown16 View Post
    I don't care how "loaded" a darft is; you're still picking in the late 20's. When was the last time the Jazz picked up anyone decent in the late teens or 20's? I guess a case could be made for Koufos. He's developed into a serviceable player...after many years. But it's more likely the Jazz wind up with a guy like Almond or Podkelzine. Better to have the cap space for FA's. Look at what Houston was able to do; they got a ton of players on the cheap because everyone else had already used up their available money.
    We'll still have good cap space.
    Originally Posted by DutchJazzer
    i might be the first retard in the internet then...cam on the internet in 1993 :P

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty the Turd View Post
    We'll still have good cap space.
    $22M in two bench players in Humphries and Marvin, + likely re-signing Mo and perhaps Foye. Add to that the other players under contract or that are needed to fill out the roster. Not a lot of cap space to play around with.

And to those who think Humphries' expiring can easily be dealt, just look to this season: Millsap and Jefferson are both productive and you don't hear of any great deals. Splitter and Mills? Just ok. Bledsoe for Millsap? That one's better, IMO. But nothing to knock our socks off. What do you think the offer would be for Humphries next year?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by green View Post
    I said it before and I'll say it again, Millsap for Humphries and two unconditional first rounders.

The Nets are turning into the Knicks and those firsts will be gold in 2-5 years.
    Not true at all - The Knicks have the advantage of being a big market team in the world's most famous arena - they'll be profitable and among sports most valuable franchises no matter what type of talent they put on the floor.

The Nets don't have that luxury - Brooklyn is NOT Manhattan. The sale of The Nets to Prokhorov was approved because they knew he'd spend whatever it takes to win. With a mad Russian as the owner and Jay Z as the face of the franchise they will always be competitive.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by MoTown16 View Post
    $22M in two bench players in Humphries and Marvin, + likely re-signing Mo and perhaps Foye. Add to that the other players under contract or that are needed to fill out the roster. Not a lot of cap space to play around with.

And to those who think Humphries' expiring can easily be dealt, just look to this season: Millsap and Jefferson are both productive and you don't hear of any great deals. Splitter and Mills? Just ok. Bledsoe for Millsap? That one's better, IMO. But nothing to knock our socks off. What do you think the offer would be for Humphries next year?
    We have 26M committed next year for seven guys: Favors, Kanter, Hayward, Burks, Evans, Murphy, and very likely, Marvin. Even if we re-sign Mo to 6M and Foye to 5M, that's still just less than 38M on the books for nine guys. Add in Tinsley (or Watson) at about 2.5M and Carroll at about 4.5M and that's 45M for 11 guys. Throw in Humph's 12M and our two 1st rounders at about another 3M combined, and we're at 60M for 14 guys. That's very reasonable, less than we've committed in salaries in one year in quite some time, and would net us more assets. We'd have two 1sts in the 2014 draft and a couple of potentially valuable expirings in Humphries and Marvin. We'd have a young core of six (our current four + our two 1sts this year)...any of this could be mixed and matched to net us something of even greater value.

I'm not saying trading Millsap is definitely the way to go. The Jefferson for Splitter deal, if it has legs, is probably the best deal I've heard. Then, Millsap for Bledsoe (plus filler) but I'd want a 1st in that deal too. But if those are off the table, Millsap for KH + two 1sts needs to be seriously considered.
    Originally Posted by DutchJazzer
    i might be the first retard in the internet then...cam on the internet in 1993 :P

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by candrew View Post
    Not true at all - The Knicks have the advantage of being a big market team in the world's most famous arena - they'll be profitable and among sports most valuable franchises no matter what type of talent they put on the floor.

The Nets don't have that luxury - Brooklyn is NOT Manhattan. The sale of The Nets to Prokhorov was approved because they knew he'd spend whatever it takes to win. With a mad Russian as the owner and Jay Z as the face of the franchise they will always be competitive.
    I'm sure this is exactly what the Knicks thought when they were signing all those big deals...

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Oh, you accidentally included Kris Humphries in all those trades.
    "Back off Warchild, seriously.."

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    #1 there was rumor that the Nets and the Jazz COULD make a trade (mostly the Nets were interested)

#2 the rumor said the Jazz would probably be willing to take a flier on Humprhies for a 1 and 1/2. I read that to mean they weren't interested in Brooks.

#3 I'm assuming Brooklyn was dangling a 1st rounder or 2 but since their picks are probably a bit too high I decided to find a a 3rd team that would take Marshon Brooks for a pick that was a bit better. Not that you're going to get a lottery pick for Brooks.

So the question is. Would you guys think that Humprhies (competent backup for 1 1/2) and a Brooklyn pick in the 20's and a Milwaukee pick lottery protected or the Minn pick (lottery protected) that Phoenix has would be enough to trade Millsap. I have doubts about it cause those 2 picks could be pretty enticing in future trades but talent wise the Jazz lose out. So I decided to get your opinions.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Lion's Roar View Post
    #1 there was rumor that the Nets and the Jazz COULD make a trade (mostly the Nets were interested)

#2 the rumor said the Jazz would probably be willing to take a flier on Humprhies for a 1 and 1/2. I read that to mean they weren't interested in Brooks.

#3 I'm assuming Brooklyn was dangling a 1st rounder or 2 but since their picks are probably a bit too high I decided to find a a 3rd team that would take Marshon Brooks for a pick that was a bit better. Not that you're going to get a lottery pick for Brooks.

So the question is. Would you guys think that Humprhies (competent backup for 1 1/2) and a Brooklyn pick in the 20's and a Milwaukee pick lottery protected or the Minn pick (lottery protected) that Phoenix has would be enough to trade Millsap. I have doubts about it cause those 2 picks could be pretty enticing in future trades but talent wise the Jazz lose out. So I decided to get your opinions.
    Who are you? Your trade proposal and rumors are ****ing retarded.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Bottom line:

If the Jazz desire to piss off fans and lose a ton of viewers/money then by all means trade Millsap for the Nets' crap.

Any trade that doesn't involve Dwill or Lopez needs to be immediately junked and not even considered at all. That team has 2 somewhat attractive pieces. The rest is crap.
    Lakers Suck.