Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    I would rather either resign Millsap or let him walk. Trading him nearly guarantees that inking Big Al is priority #1 this offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by Thee jazz fan View Post
    True, but Paul is the best pg in the league. Where as Bledsoe is still a young player trying to find his way. They were bound to struggle. Bledsoe is far from the finished product he could be. Bring him in and watch him grow with the other young core on the jazz.
    Pretty much.

Bledsoe and Odom for Manslap straight across is intriguing deal (Cut Odom or whatever, he just makes the numbers work) seems to work for both teams. I love Milsap and if he were to be dealt, I'd prefer he go to a good situation for him. The Clippers would just be nasty with him.

Utah gets its PG and frees the picks for the B.A.P. while allowing time for the young bigs. Assuming Manslap resigns with the Clips, I don't see an issue here honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by infection View Post
    I would rather either resign Millsap or let him walk. Trading him nearly guarantees that inking Big Al is priority #1 this offseason.
    My biggest concern by far. It doesn't outweigh the possible upside of this team though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

No idea why everyone is so enamored with Bledsoe. He's not that good, IMO. I suppose it's better than nothing and at worst he's a backup for the next year.

He's better than what we have and still has potential and is probably the most intriguing PG prospect out there that the Jazz could reasonably trade for.

As far as Bledsoe not being a "Jazz" guy, if the new CBA is any teeniest bit effective, then that is irrelevant. The whole point of the CBA is to make it so everyone can't get a big deal from a big city team.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzfan1971 View Post
    He's better than what we have and still has potential and is probably the most intriguing PG prospect out there that the Jazz could reasonably trade for.
    Agree. He may never be the pg that racks up the assists but makes up for that with rebounding steals and good man defense. Dude is a stat stuffer. Plus he fits perfect with having Burks and Hayward at the 2 and 3 spots. That team would be hard to defend.

Agree. He may never be the pg that racks up the assists but makes up for that with rebounding steals and good man defense. Dude is a stat stuffer. Plus he fits perfect with having Burks and Hayward at the 2 and 3 spots. That team would be hard to defend.
    What? If anything, those players make him a bad fit, especially Burks.
    'Merican League Consensus (kind of) PWR RANKS

12) Goose

Bledsoe - Burks - Hayward .... not bad but pretty iffy on the 3pt shot am I wrong?

Bledsoe is a slashing point guard. The only part of his game that's off is his shooting ability - but I'm confident he will improve on his jumpshot. I do this trade in a heartbeat: Bledsoe instantly makes this team more exciting with his spectacular dunks and his ability to get up and block shots at the rim. I hate to see Millsap go, but I've got a feeling Bledsoe is going to become a player in this league in the next few years. Sign me up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakers View Post
    Bledsoe - Burks - Hayward .... not bad but pretty iffy on the 3pt shot am I wrong?
    Hayward is a very good 3pt shooter. Burks has shown a lot of promise, especially as his pt has increased.

Bledsoe is dreadful. I don't mind a Millsap for Bledsoe trade, but this isn't the trade that makes us great. Bledsoe has a TON of potential...so do a lot of other players. He could easily bust out at this point. He isn't a pg at all at this point. He needs to realize that and work a TON on his game to be a starting pg on a contending team. That being said, if the option is Bledsoe vs a pg in the draft, I'll take Bledsoe.

Plus, having him come to Utah and fight it out with Mo for the starting pg spot might be good for him. This is one situation where Corbin might actually help a player with his silly player development ideas.

I don't know if anyone here has watched him play. We don't need more chuckers on this team. We need a pg who can create and get the ball to favors, kanter, burks, and Hayward.
    Corbin sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by ClLUTClH View Post
    Bledsoe is a slashing point guard. The only part of his game that's off is his shooting ability - but I'm confident he will improve on his jumpshot. I do this trade in a heartbeat: Bledsoe instantly makes this team more exciting with his spectacular dunks and his ability to get up and block shots at the rim. I hate to see Millsap go, but I've got a feeling Bledsoe is going to become a player in this league in the next few years. Sign me up.
    Shooting is a big part of this game. Interestingly, he shot 42.4% FG his rookie season and he attempted 116 3PT. His sophomore campaign, he played 1/2 the number of games, but shot 38.9 while attempting only 30 3PT (logically, one would think his FG would increase because he shot less 3PT, but it declined). This year, he's shooting 45.3%. Seems he declined and is now improving. Some odd numbers. Seems his shooting isn't terrible. He's also averaging 1.6 ST, .9 BLK and 3.1 REB, all in 21 MPG. Not too bad. His upside is probably one notch below an all star level PG, sort of like Millsap is one notch below an all star level PF. Maybe more of an even trade than I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by infection View Post
    What if it also includes Al traded for Splitter and Patty Mills?

I Don't think Millsap or Jefferson are in the long term plans for this franchise. They are not Building blocks and are both going to be overpaid this off season. So not getting something for one because you are afraid of what happens with the other one is silly.
    GO BRONCOS!

I don't see how this guy is any less of a PG than Mo. Mo (to me) is really not a PG either. He shoots too much and passes too poorly to really be an ideal PG for this team going forward. For that matter I think Burks is a preferable PG to Mo as he has actually shown the ability to be a decent Passer.
    GO BRONCOS!