Page 7 of 45 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by larryselbows View Post
    Are you talking about Derrick Favors?
    nope. i'm talking about bledsoe.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by MoTown16 View Post
    In fact, the Miller's tightwadedness may prevent a deal from getting done. Had they just paid Roger and let him go, they'd have an extra roster spot open to swing 2-1 deals.
    That makes no sense. They could STILL pay Roger and let him go. Probably in about 5 minutes, if they wanted to. It's not at all a factor in getting 2-1 deals done.
    The word you are looking for is very probably "complement", not "compliment". As in "Favors and Kanter will likely complement each other nicely". Although... depending on how impressive a given play is, they may compliment each other nicely as well.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by colton View Post
    That makes no sense. They could STILL pay Roger and let him go. Probably in about 5 minutes, if they wanted to. It's not at all a factor in getting 2-1 deals done.
    But you know they won't. Greggy is too vindictive, just like his old man. He doesn't want to give away free money. What's probably holding up some trade proposals is the Jazz' insistence that Braille be part of the deal. Then they can show how smart they were by holding on to his salary until the deadline.

Rep Level
    But you know they won't. Greggy is too vindictive, just like his old man. He doesn't want to give away free money. What's probably holding up some trade proposals is the Jazz' insistence that Braille be part of the deal. Then they can show how smart they were by holding on to his salary until the deadline.
    Stupid, they're already giving away the free money. They're paying Bell. They just don't want to pay him to play for someone else, you see? But I hardly think doing so would be a hangup in any major deals. That's such a ridiculously unfounded inference you've draw from the situation.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneakers View Post
    Stupid, they're already giving away the free money. They're paying Bell. They just don't want to pay him to play for someone else, you see? But I hardly think doing so would be a hangup in any major deals. That's such a ridiculously unfounded inference you've draw from the situation.
    Those inferences have made up 90% of Motown's post over the past few weeks.

Rep Level
    Would do Millsap and the lower of the first rounders without too much hesitation. Now that Billups is back, you have to figure the Clips would be willing to trade Bledsoe if the right deal came along. Millsap is the next best big available after Garnett, who said he won't wave his no trade clause. I'm thinking this could have legs.

Rep Level
    Bledsoe is shooting .452 from 3pt land as a starter this year.

On a side note. Burks was shooting .529 from 3 over the last 10 games before the Minn Game.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by colton View Post
    Greggy is too vindictive, just like his old man. He doesn't want to give away free money.
    I have no idea if Greg would be open or closed-minded to a buyout if it would potentially help improve the team, but under Larry Miller the Jazz regularly negotiated buy-outs - with players such as Glen Rice, Elden Campbell and Alan Henderson being prime examples. Carry on...
    "It's a loss. It's one loss on our home floor that we aren't happy with." -Ty Corbin, 12/26/12.
    "It's one loss." -Ty Corbin, 1/11/13.
    "Whether you lose by one or by 45 like we did tonight, it's one loss." -Ty Corbin, 1/28/13.
    "It's one loss." -Ty Corbin, 4/3/13.
    It's disappointing any time you don't make the playoffs." -Ty Corbin, 4/17/13.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrone Torbin View Post
    Those inferences have made up 90% of Motown's post over the past few weeks.
    Nah, only 80%.

But I do think it's ridiculous to tell a guy to stay away from a team. What other franchise is doing that to a player? The Millers ARE vindictive. Just talk to Checketts. The Millers tried everything in their power to stop him from bringing a soccer team to Utah, including using their political clout to rally key politicians and members of the banking community to stop the financing effort. Read about it. The Millers are ruthless business owners who have always placed $ over the on court success of the team. That was stated several times by Larry H.; that the most important measuring stick was being in the black each season. Wasn't until the last couple of years, when the boat had already sailed and he was in declinig health, that he reversed his tance on never exceeding the tax limit and was willing to put up with a couple of seasons of financial losses. Yea, big freakin' deal. Had he done that with Stockton/Malone/Hornacek in their primes it may have resulted in a championship or two.

And yes, it's HIGHLY unusual for a team to do what they're doing with Raja. It might be legal under terms of the CBA, but that doesn't make it ethical.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by vslice02 View Post
    I have no idea if Greg would be open or closed-minded to a buyout if it would potentially help improve the team, but under Larry Miller the Jazz regularly negotiated buy-outs - with players such as Glen Rice, Elden Campbell and Alan Henderson being prime examples. Carry on...
    All of those buyouts were agreed to as part of the deals. With Raja, the Jazz WANTED him at one point. If the front office or caoching staff now has a problem with him, they should let him go. Both signed a valid contract. SO if the Jazz now want to back out of that contract, namely having Raja be a part of the team, they should pay him out for the reaminder of the deal and let him go. Otherwise, he should be given all rights of any other member of the team. But he's been told he isn't even welcome at their facility. That simply isn't ethical.

Rep Level
    Nah, only 80%.

But I do think it's ridiculous to tell a guy to stay away from a team. What other franchise is doing that to a player? The Millers ARE vindictive. Just talk to Checketts. The Millers tried everything in their power to stop him from bringing a soccer team to Utah, including using their political clout to rally key politicians and members of the banking community to stop the financing effort. Read about it. The Millers are ruthless business owners who have always placed $ over the on court sucess of the team.

And yes, it's HIGHLY unusual for a team to do what they're doing with Raja. It might be legal under terms of the CBA, but that doesn't make it ethical.
    LOL you really think this is such a rare occurrence? It's not preferable, but **** like this happens alllll the time in the NBA. Odom in Dallas last year ring a bell? Arenas? Hell what do you think the ****ing amnesty clause is?

And ethical? What contrived notion of ethics do you subscribe to? Bell doesn't want to play here, he's a troublemaker, so we don't want him around. He doesn't give a ****, he's getting paid 3x more than any other team would give him to sit and chill in Miami.

Rep Level
    Yay or nay?

Rep Level
    I'm holding out until the deadline at least to see what other offers come in for Millsap if I'm the Jazz. That's not an automatic trigger trade in my mind(without fully knowing the extra pieces of course) and we certainly shouldn't be the ones that are perceived as having the obligation to sweeten the pot to make it happen.

Senior Member Mission Accomplished's Avatar
    Rep Level
    If we keep Big Al do we really need a pg that can create? All the Jazz do now is just dump the ball down to him. He clogs the paint. We need to move Big Al.
    To quote George "W" "For every fatal shooting, there were roughly three non-fatal shootings. And, folks, this is unacceptable in America. It's just unacceptable. And we're going to do something about it." --Philadelphia, Penn., May 14, 2001

Rep Level
    Let's say I'm under a binding contract with a company, one that they cannot legally get out from under. Yet when I go in I don't perform, and what's more I badmouth my bosses, create friction in the office, etc.... so the company tells me just to stay home. Why, how unethical of the company to stop me from coming in and polarizing and inhibiting their workplace.