Page 9 of 45 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by orangello View Post
    You always bring a high level of wisdom to this forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by orangello View Post
    Yes.
    Btw, Bledsoe is Not a bad seed. That is completely laughable. A good fit? I don't know, but he is totally coach able and a great teammate.
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

The confusion...

---
    Pre-season mock (7/13/13) - page 111

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneakers View Post
    Yeah but he did have a beef about Corbin, and was pretty vocal about it. He could be the best teammate in the world yet that would still qualify as being a pot-stirrer. Anyway, I'm off to the library to work on this huge ass presentation for Tuesday, carry on gents
    So let him go. How many of us have beefs with Corbin over his rotations?
    In the past, the Jazz have quickly gotten rid of players that clashed with coaches...trading Giri, Deron, and others. They're making an example out of Raja. Hell, they may as well put him in a pillory in front of the ESA.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Weezur View Post
    Not saying he wouldn't, but I thought that the reason these Bledsoe discussions all took a halt was for this reason. And what are the chances that Paul re-signs with them given that he plays behind Griffin?
    We know Sap wanted to start over 20 year old Favors because he was the better player at the time, lets not project that into Millsap demanding a starter role everywhere. He might be fine starting behind Griffin given they will be an elite contending team for the next 5 years, all through Sap's prime. At this point in Sap's career, chances are getting at least one ring starts to make its way up his priority list.

Rep Level
    @Tony ^^^ Or worse . Talented youngsters just get discouraged because they know they're not going to get PT over washed-up vets. They're looking forward to the day when they can play for a coach who values talent over tenure.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Weezur View Post
    Has anybody mentioned that this deal makes no sense for the Clippers until CP3 re-signs?
    Also, Milsap is redundant on that team.
    It makes very little sense for LA - even if CP3 re-signs not only because (like you mentioned) Millsap's primary position is the same as the Clippers' franchise player - but also because Millsap will be a free agent this summer. I think Clippers know CP3 will re-sign and comtemplating selling-high on Bledsoe now.
    "It's a loss. It's one loss on our home floor that we aren't happy with." -Ty Corbin, 12/26/12.
    "It's one loss." -Ty Corbin, 1/11/13.
    "Whether you lose by one or by 45 like we did tonight, it's one loss." -Ty Corbin, 1/28/13.
    "It's one loss." -Ty Corbin, 4/3/13.
    It's disappointing any time you don't make the playoffs." -Ty Corbin, 4/17/13.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by vslice02 View Post
    It makes very little sense for LA - even if CP3 re-signs not only because (like you mentioned) Millsap's primary position is the same as the Clippers' franchise player - but also because Millsap will be a free agent this summer. I think Clippers know CP3 will re-sign and comtemplating selling-high on Bledsoe now.
    Blake is superior to Chris Paul? Ok then...

Rep Level
    If LAC meets Miami in the finals, a team that plays Bosh at C, then Millsap is far less redundant (if he's redundant at all). The Clipps could play Griff and Millsap together in that series.

I think there are minutes for Millsap regardless.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz4ever View Post
    Blake is superior to Chris Paul? Ok then...
    If the Clippers are choosing 1-player to build the future of their franchise around - it's Blake Griffin (hence the term "franchise player" which I used).
    "It's a loss. It's one loss on our home floor that we aren't happy with." -Ty Corbin, 12/26/12.
    "Whether you lose by one or by 45 like we did tonight, it's one loss." -Ty Corbin, 1/28/13.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOS View Post
    If LAC meets Miami in the finals, a team that plays Bosh at C, then Millsap is far less redundant (if he's redundant at all). The Clipps could play Griff and Millsap together in that series.

I definitely think they could play together, but I think gambling Bledsoe for a 2013 title run falls on the "risky/foolish gamble" side when it's clear that OKC and San Antonio are clearly the superior team at this point in the season (and I don't think Millsap closes that gap for them).

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOS View Post

Plus Millsap can hit FT's, which is a concern when they have Griffin/Jordan finishing games. It be interesting to see if the Clippers would embrace Sap at SF, or if they would strictly use him as a PF.

Rep Level
    If the Clippers are choosing 1-player to build the future of their franchise around - it's Blake Griffin (hence the term "franchise player" which I used).
    You used best before the ninja edit Where is Chris Paul going to sign for one less year and less money? Throw out one realistic option.

Rep Level
    I definitely think they could play together, but I think gambling Bledsoe for a 2013 title run falls on the "risky/foolish gamble" side when it's clear that OKC and San Antonio are clearly the superior team at this point in the season (and I don't think Millsap closes that gap for them).
    Yeah, but with Billups coming back there is goign to be less time for Bledsoe. Where does Bledsoe fit into their future? Millsap could be the piece that puts them over the top. Their bench would be absolutely insane.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by MoTown16 View Post
    So let him go. How many of us have beefs with Corbin over his rotations?
    In the past, the Jazz have quickly gotten rid of players that clashed with coaches...trading Giri, Deron, and others. They're making an example out of Raja. Hell, they may as well put him in a pillory in front of the ESA.
    I'm sure they have tried to trade Raja. They aren't just going to take back bad contracts for him. We traded Giri for Korver and Deron for a ton of good pieces. At best Raja can be a throw in to a trade to make salaries balance. Teams won't care about taking him on because they know they can just tell him to stay where he is, so they don't have to worry about how taking him on will affect the team.

Rep Level
    As Cyrone said, with Billups coming back and playing serviceable, it probably cuts down Bledsoe to 15 minutes a game. His last two games were 15 and 17 minutes. Millsap would at least see 30 minutes a night in LA. So no he is not the perfect fit, but does improve them.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz4ever View Post
    Where is Chris Paul going to sign for one less year and less money? Throw out one realistic option.
    I don't know what you're debating w/me about. My original point was that trading for Millsap makes little sense for the Clippers whether CP3 re-signs with them (likely) or not. The end.