Page 10 of 45 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Rep Level
    I think the most feasible deal here is Odom + Bledsoe for Millsap + Watson, we could include the GSW pick if needed. Odom's prorated salary for the rest of the season is around $2.6 million, so it's conceivable that Greg Miller would be willing to pay that for Odom to sit home, assuming he won't report to the team. I think the Jazz say yes to this deal, I'm still not sure why the Clippers would want Millsap when they have Griffin, but it does bring their front court depth more in line with the rest of their squad. Having Crawford, Green, Hill, Barnes and Millsap coming off the bench gives them serious depth.

For those that aren't sold on Bledsoe, is he the next iteration of Stockton or Rondo? Of course not. Personally, I see a lot of Russell Westbrook in Eric Bledsoe. I don't love Westbrook's game, I would prefer a pass-first PG, but his strengths far outweigh his weaknesses. He's lightning quick, can get to the rim at will, and plays excellent defense. He's not a great shooter, but he shoots 80% from the line. He's also shooting 43% from three point range this year. It's a small sample size because he only takes one three attempt per game, but I don't think that's a bad thing. Bledsoe may never be an elite distributor, he'll likely be an average to above-average passer. I still think he can average 7 APG if given 30 minutes a game. He's not a perfect fit, but he's better than any option in free agency or the draft (at least where we'll be picking).

If the front office has decided to try and resign Big Al, this trade seems like a no-brainer to me. I would prefer to keep Millsap over Jefferson, as a lot of us do, but Jazz brass seem enamored with Al. We would become the only team in the league would have a legit starting 5 of guys under 24 years old. If we can afford to keep all five players at a reasonable salary ($40 combined?) it's conceivable that we'd be vying for a title within 3-4 years.

Rep Level
    Too bad the media reported this trade. KOC wont make the deal now that everyone knows about it.

Rep Level
    Bledsoe's +57 on the year. +59 at home, -2 on the road. However, his FG%, 3PT% and FT% are all better on the road. What stands out, not surprisingly, is that he has more turnovers on the road. With experience, that can be improved.
    Originally Posted by DutchJazzer
    i might be the first retard in the internet then...cam on the internet in 1993 :P

Rep Level
    Hes better then anything we have at PG now. Im hoping we get him. Even if we do resign Al this offseason if Kanter continues to use his minutes like he has we can trade him at the deadline next year.

Rep Level
    Wouldn't you guys rather have a PG who passes the ball every now and again?

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncster View Post
    Too bad the media reported this trade. KOC wont make the deal now that everyone knows about it.
    This.

Isn't KOC great. Glad we have a tough guy gm

Banned
    Rep Level
    A core of Bledsoe/Hayward/Favors/Kanter is exciting provided we can acquire and properly use some great shooters around them but that won't happen because Corbin is our head coach.

Rep Level
    The Clippers would be smart to try and add some help for the run. For the simple fact it shows Chris Paul they will try to contend instead of being complacent. After all, Chris Paul is theit main priority now. Holding on to Bledsoe for the reason that you need him as insurance just says to him the wrong things. Unless Chris likes having a good backup over a nice third big. The Clippers need to show Chris Paul that they intend to contend. Thats their best move.. Millsap might not be the best move, but trading Bledsoe for significant help is. This is an important summer for them.

For the record though, I think Chris Paul re-signs regardless if they make a trade. But just to be sure, they might want to just in case.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by orangello View Post
    Yep

"@saltcityhoops: The rumors about the Jazz going after Bledsoe run entirely counter to some conversations wherein I was told the Jazz aren't interested. FWIW"

"@saltcityhoops: I was told "the numbers are low and he isn't a good 'Jazz' fit, on or off the court." I still think they'd take him for certain players."
    The popular belief would be that he isn't a great fit because he's not known for being able to shoot the 3's, so he won't help us spreading the floor the way Mo was able to do earlier in the season.

I've got a different theory though. I've seen Bledsoe play and I remembered taking these points away as it relates to the Jazz:

- He can beat his defender with ease with his dribble penetration - that's his game.
    - He can do it every possessions if he wanted to. He is THAT good.

- Once he beats the defender, so many options opens up for him.
    - He can take it all the way to the rack if there's no help defense.

- If help defense arrives then:
    - He can lob it to Favors for easy Alley Hoops.
    - He can pass it to Kanter who just stepped back for a 12 footer.
    - He can pass it to Hayward/Foye/DeMare/Marv. for a 3 pointer.

So I think he can be a great fit. Our team as a whole ATM lacks someone who can easily break down the defense with a dribble/drive game - and I think Bledsoe can do that for us pretty effectively. Moreover, with the players that we have currently, I think they compliment Bledsoe's game pretty good as well.

Thoughts?
    KkKkkKKkkkKkKkkKKKkkkKkkkKkk

#LoveYourNeighbourHOOD

Rep Level
    Bledsoe's numbers seem to suggest he can hit the open 3.

Which is all you really want from a PG.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SiroMar View Post
    Wouldn't you guys rather have a PG who passes the ball every now and again?
    How would this deal preclude us from finding this golden goose? Bledsoe can play minutes at the 2, so you make this deal and continue searching.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mission Accomplished View Post
    If we keep Big Al do we really need a pg that can create? All the Jazz do now is just dump the ball down to him. He clogs the paint. We need to move Big Al.
    Al will be gone at years end at the very latest.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotttnickkk View Post
    The popular belief would be that he isn't a great fit because he's not known for being able to shoot the 3's, so he won't help us spreading the floor the way Mo was able to do earlier in the season.

I've got a different theory though. I've seen Bledsoe play and I remembered taking these points away as it relates to the Jazz:

- He can beat his defender with ease with his dribble penetration - that's his game.
    - He can do it every possessions if he wanted to. He is THAT good.

- Once he beats the defender, so many options opens up for him.
    - He can take it all the way to the rack if there's no help defense.

- If help defense arrives then:
    - He can lob it to Favors for easy Alley Hoops.
    - He can pass it to Kanter who just stepped back for a 12 footer.
    - He can pass it to Hayward/Foye/DeMare/Marv. for a 3 pointer.

So I think he can be a great fit. Our team as a whole ATM lacks someone who can easily break down the defense with a dribble/drive game - and I think Bledsoe can do that for us pretty effectively. Moreover, with the players that we have currently, I think they compliment Bledsoe's game pretty good as well.

Thoughts?
    My thoughts exactly. Also Bledsoe is not the inept 3 point shooter some here make him out to be. He's no Foye but he's a threat and can make it consistently if left open.

Rep Level
    Love Millsap, rather it be Al but you do what you gotta do. I'd do this.
    You know squat. You know less than squat. You and Squat could go to the movies and Squat could wear an "I'm with Stupid" t-shirt!

Rep Level
    This is a pretty simple decision for the Jazz. The Jazz could lose Millsap for nothing in return, and Bledsoe is better than nothing. Quite a bit better actually.

As for whether he's the perfect point guard for the Jazz is a completely different question that isn't even all that important at the moment.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Catchall View Post
    This is a pretty simple decision for the Jazz. The Jazz could lose Millsap for nothing in return, and Bledsoe is better than nothing. Quite a bit better actually.

As for whether he's the perfect point guard for the Jazz is a completely different question that isn't even all that important at the moment.
    This is assuming that the Clippers are actually proposing this as is. We don't know that, we just know that there have been talks.

I'm guessing they will fully explore how to get Garnett, then if that becomes impossible, may focus their efforts on Millsap. Or they may just stand pat and try to deal Bledsoe next year, since he does have another year on his contract.

Can the Clippers even feasibly sign Millsap and Paul? I don't think they would trade for Sap unless they thought they could realistically keep him past this year. Millsap is good, but I don't think he is good enough to warrant a half-year rental at the expense of a good asset that could yield a player who is under a longer contract (but lesser player) or draft picks. I'm assuming we would have to throw in some 1st round draft pick for the Clippers to consider.