Page 40 of 45 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulu View Post
    Are luxury tax issues an impediment to the Jazz and Clippers making a trade? If so it says something about the deal

Grantland's Zack Lowe, who does great work, has tweeted out that luxury tax issues are causing the Clippers and Jazz to have a tough time making a deal - likely the rumored deal with Millsap and Bledsoe.

The Clippers are only 440,000 below the tax and the Jazz are 3.5 million below the tax threshold.

However, if the deal were simply Millsap for Bledsoe and Butler or Bledsoe and Burks there would be no tax implications. Because the Jazz either 1.3 or 1.1 million more in either deal. Therefore, this would be a non issue.

However, if the Clippers are insisting that the Jazz include Alec Burks in the deal then the Clippers would be taking back 1 million more than the Jazz and would push the Clippers over the tax threshold.

If the Clippers add another player in the deal such as Ryan Hollins then the money gets straightened out but the Jazz would have to cut Raja Bell because it would put 16 players on the roster. Moreover, Ryan Hollins has been playing 15 minutes a night recently and the Clippers may not want to move him.

This leaves the possibility of the Jazz putting a 1st round pick into the deal instead of Burks and I need to investigate how that impact luxury tax
    Read this post from Locke as well. I sometimes wonder about the intelligence or lack there of from GMs around the NBA. We have no way of knowing if the Jazz and Clippers have mutual interest in swapping Millsap for Bledsoe, but if they do, it's not that difficult. Bledsoe + Butler OR Odom for Millsap + Tinsley + GSW pick works financially, keeps the Clippers out of the luxury tax, allows the Jazz to keep Burks, and keeps Greg Miller from having to buyout Raja Bell. It really isn't that difficult. There are tons of scenarios that are viable for both teams if they really want to make it work.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by mhindy View Post
    Agreed. The idea that minor concerns over throw ins could derail this is unlikely. I still like our chances.
    If that's really the issue, they could solve it by getting a 3rd team involved, or swapping scrubs.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Like previously said, it makes you think it's probably posturing. If the Clips decide to pull the trigger, I'm sure it will get done.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    A minute ago on twitter!!

EBled12 ‏@EBled12
    ?????????

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by IBProfane View Post

EBled12 ‏@EBled12
    ?????????
    Curious. But not really helpful, all considered.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    FWIW on ESPN Clippers head coach VInny Del Negro said no trade is happening. They are content with what they have and don't plan on any moves...too bad

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Crawlnstall View Post
    FWIW on ESPN Clippers head coach VInny Del Negro said no trade is happening. They are content with what they have and don't plan on any moves...too bad
    As we've said, posturing. No way you know you're not going to make a trade a day before the deadline.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    That's exactly what he has to say or has been told to say or what he should say to gain leverage and not look desperate.
    2014CurrentDraftChampion

2014AllTimeDraftRunner-Up

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotttnickkk View Post
    That's exactly what he has to say or has been told to say or what he should say to gain leverage and not look desperate.
    Agreed, I think it's just posturing.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

EBled12 ‏@EBled12
    ?????????
    Interesting tweet...
    You know squat. You know less than squat. You and Squat could go to the movies and Squat could wear an "I'm with Stupid" t-shirt!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

EBled12 ‏@EBled12
    ?????????
    Maybe that's a "I thought I was going to be the starting point guard for the Utah Jazz, what happened to the trade?"

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Then why bother getting dressed up and doing an interview for ESPN? And why do the interview today instead of after the deadline?

You know if they interviewed KOC, the interview would last 5 seconds and KOC would say, "No comment."

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Maybe that's a "I thought I was going to be the starting point guard for the Utah Jazz, what happened to the trade?"
    Ahh.. you've finally showed up!!

Quick question: Bledsoe VS Burke.

If you were KOC who would you pick?
    2014CurrentDraftChampion

2014AllTimeDraftRunner-Up

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I'm sure most of you know by now but if Bledsoe + Butler for Millsap (or something like that) goes down then this is our cap situation:
    About $34 million coming off the books this Summer with only Marvin Williams, Caron Butler, Derrick Favors, Enes Kanter, Gordon Hayward, Alec Burks, and Jeremy Evans (and Kevin Murphy if we choose) on the roster.

That means next summer, we would currently have $16.5 million coming off with Marvin Williams and Caron Butler. Bledsoe, Hayward, AND Favors all are restricted free agents then. We definitely should have enough money to sign all of them which is why it is very important to not take back any big contracts past the 2013-2014 season.

If the Jazz were to offer Jefferson a contract that he would require this Summer, it would seriously hurt our chances of signing all of the Core Five (with Bledsoe). I know it is a long way in the future but I know some people were concerned that Jefferson gets resigned if we make this deal. I'm not so sure.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotttnickkk View Post
    Game over guys...

Let's go back to discussing Burke...
    Relax, be cool man! Trade will get done book it. Just posturing