Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 85
  1. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,956
    Rep Power
    0
    Williams & Ridnour for Millsap
    or
    Williams, Stiemsma & draft pick for Millsap

  2. #47
    Senior Member Cyrone Torbin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Trapped in a Trap
    Posts
    23,910
    Rep Power
    41
    I really don't want D-Will that much so I made this trade.

    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine/?tradeId=b3bbpcz

    Jazz get Bledsoe and take Odom's contract off of the Clippers so they save some money.

    Clippers get Williams, who isn't as good as Sap, but is cheaper and under contract for 2 more years. Stiesmmsa balances the $$$ in the trade.

    T'Wolves get Sap. Why they want him is beyond me at this moment, but I guess they want him. We throw in the later of our two draft picks.
    'Merican League Consensus (kind of) PWR RANKS

    12) Goose

  3. #48
    Senior Member Cyrone Torbin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Trapped in a Trap
    Posts
    23,910
    Rep Power
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrone Torbin View Post
    I really don't want D-Will that much so I made this trade.

    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine/?tradeId=b3bbpcz

    Jazz get Bledsoe and take Odom's contract off of the Clippers so they save some money.

    Clippers get Williams, who isn't as good as Sap, but is cheaper and under contract for 2 more years. Stiesmmsa balances the $$$ in the trade.

    T'Wolves get Sap. Why they want him is beyond me at this moment, but I guess they want him. We throw in the later of our two draft picks.
    I think this makes a lot of sense btw. I mean, I think the Clippers really want Sap, but the doubt in being able to afford him next year scares them off. So they do this instead.

    The Jazz can throw in Raja if that makes it more attractive to the Clips, or Carroll.
    'Merican League Consensus (kind of) PWR RANKS

    12) Goose

  4. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Utah County
    Posts
    861
    Rep Power
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by nothingbutnet View Post
    Paul Millsap and Raja Bell for Derrick Williams, Brandon Roy, and their first-round pick unprotected?
    They will want to Include Roy in any deal and id want Jeremy evans in that deal. So Millsap, Bell, Evans for ridnour , Roy, williams and picks

  5. #50
    Senior Member Cyrone Torbin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Trapped in a Trap
    Posts
    23,910
    Rep Power
    41
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine/?tradeId=as2al4g

    Tweaked some stuff to the trade.

    Jazz take on Roy, get swap 1st rounders with Wolves. Wolves get worst of Warriors/Jazz pick, Jazz get Wolves pick.

    Clippers get Ridnour to replace Bledsoe.

    Wolves trade Ridnour to open cap room for next year.

    Kevin Murphy is just traded to Wolves so we don't go over the roster limit.
    'Merican League Consensus (kind of) PWR RANKS

    12) Goose

  6. #51
    Senior Member Beantown's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Look outside your window
    Posts
    6,421
    Rep Power
    33
    We would have to get Ridnour in this deal.
    GVC'S thoughts on the Jazz drafting Hayward......

    Quote Originally Posted by GVC View Post
    Why not just buy a late 1st and draft Luke Babbitt? Better Body, better basketball skills, better athleticism...

  7. #52
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,248
    Rep Power
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrone Torbin View Post
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine/?tradeId=as2al4g

    Tweaked some stuff to the trade.

    Jazz take on Roy, get swap 1st rounders with Wolves. Wolves get worst of Warriors/Jazz pick, Jazz get Wolves pick.

    Clippers get Ridnour to replace Bledsoe.

    Wolves trade Ridnour to open cap room for next year.

    Kevin Murphy is just traded to Wolves so we don't go over the roster limit.
    I think you have a winner here. Makes sense for the Clippers in that Williams ceiling is pretty high.

  8. #53
    Senior Member franklin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Posts
    11,940
    Rep Power
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrone Torbin View Post
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine/?tradeId=as2al4g

    Tweaked some stuff to the trade.

    Jazz take on Roy, get swap 1st rounders with Wolves. Wolves get worst of Warriors/Jazz pick, Jazz get Wolves pick.

    Clippers get Ridnour to replace Bledsoe.

    Wolves trade Ridnour to open cap room for next year.

    Kevin Murphy is just traded to Wolves so we don't go over the roster limit.
    Wolves don't own their own pick. They have Memphis' pick, with top 16 protection or something.

    I was thinking Roy and that pick for Marvin might make sense if Roy's contract really is not going to be guaranteed. Even if it is, the Jazz could waive and "stretch provision" his wages to get about $5mm more in cap room this summer.

  9. #54
    Senior Member Catchall's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    8,610
    Rep Power
    34
    i would. Corbin would get on him to play defense, and he'd have a chance to be part of a winning culture.

    Plus, it's better than losing Sap for nothing. He could play SF.

    There are better plays than this, but it's not bad.
    The Jazz play like azz when the J ain't workin'.

  10. #55
    Senior Member Cyrone Torbin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Trapped in a Trap
    Posts
    23,910
    Rep Power
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    Wolves don't own their own pick. They have Memphis' pick, with top 16 protection or something.

    I was thinking Roy and that pick for Marvin might make sense if Roy's contract really is not going to be guaranteed. Even if it is, the Jazz could waive and "stretch provision" his wages to get about $5mm more in cap room this summer.
    Trying to find out about it, but it sounds super confusing. It sounds like they have their own pick protected top 13?
    'Merican League Consensus (kind of) PWR RANKS

    12) Goose

  11. #56
    Senior Member Catchall's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    8,610
    Rep Power
    34
    Here's the thing with the Wolves---Their GM Kahn doesn't have a whole lot of time left on his deal, and they're also going to be under pressure to try to appease Kevin Love with quality vets, or trade him pre-emptively. Kahn probably feels pressure to win now. So, they're moving a pick and Roy's non-guaranteed deal (sounds like the Harpring situation we had), for a serviceable vet. They gave up the #18 pick they had last year for Chase Buddinger, for example. Same thing now.
    The Jazz play like azz when the J ain't workin'.

  12. #57
    Senior Member Catchall's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    8,610
    Rep Power
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrone Torbin View Post
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine/?tradeId=as2al4g

    Tweaked some stuff to the trade.

    Jazz take on Roy, get swap 1st rounders with Wolves. Wolves get worst of Warriors/Jazz pick, Jazz get Wolves pick.

    Clippers get Ridnour to replace Bledsoe.

    Wolves trade Ridnour to open cap room for next year.

    Kevin Murphy is just traded to Wolves so we don't go over the roster limit.

    I think the Clippers are myopic in wanting to compete this year. I actually think they'd prefer Millsap to Derrick Williams. Clips can't afford to take the risk the Williams doesn't pan out.
    The Jazz play like azz when the J ain't workin'.

  13. #58
    Senior Member Cyrone Torbin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Trapped in a Trap
    Posts
    23,910
    Rep Power
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by Catchall View Post
    I think the Clippers are myopic in wanting to compete this year. I actually think they'd prefer Millsap to Derrick Williams. Clips can't afford to take the risk the Williams doesn't pan out.
    But they also can't afford to pay Millsap and get a quality wing in FA.
    'Merican League Consensus (kind of) PWR RANKS

    12) Goose

  14. #59
    Senior Member Catchall's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    8,610
    Rep Power
    34
    So the Wolves don't have their own pick this year? Where'd it go?
    The Jazz play like azz when the J ain't workin'.

  15.  

     

  16. #60
    Senior Member Cyrone Torbin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Trapped in a Trap
    Posts
    23,910
    Rep Power
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by Catchall View Post
    So the Wolves don't have their own pick this year? Where'd it go?
    I think they do. DX has them having it as of right now, and they do a pretty good job of showing who has who's picks.
    'Merican League Consensus (kind of) PWR RANKS

    12) Goose

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •