Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by pickledXgrandma View Post
    Josh Howard is better.
    raja bell is the best
    01-21-2013
    I, HeavenHarris, hereby pledge to my fellow JFC'rs that I will no longer give out neg-reps. All it does is cause negative things, like fights, drama, bitching, ill will, bad feelings, etc.
    Love, not hate, is the answer bros and moes.

LOL Lol breaks his pledge 5 days later hahahaha

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmike View Post
    This. That's why I want him to start at PG and tell the team to run. It puts the ball in his hands every possession. He's not a "true" PG stylistically (a la Rubio) but he could still be a GREAT point guard if you put the ball in his hands and he's in attack mode.

I'd love to see this lineup get serious time together:

PG - Burks
    SG - Foye
    SF - Hayward
    PF - Sap/Favors
    C - Jefferson

This lineup would thrive off Burks getting into the paint. Two shooters on the wings, two bigs who can score on the interior if their bigs help off.

will it thrive?
    a jefferson led alfense does not run.
    it does not drive and kick out to the shooters.

jefferson plays no defense. so if on the offensive end he is not the main piece of the offense taking 15+ shots. his defense hurts us more.
    we neeedz to get the ball to al to be active.

there is a reason why williams and al dont work.
    same reason why burks and al wont work
    01-21-2013
    I, HeavenHarris, hereby pledge to my fellow JFC'rs that I will no longer give out neg-reps. All it does is cause negative things, like fights, drama, bitching, ill will, bad feelings, etc.

Rep Level
    Basketball romantic...

Welcome to the Burks-side!!!
    http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/o604/sainsbu/ProfessionalTank_zps6f4cddad.png

Rep Level
    Al doesn't have to run to have a fast break. If the fast break doesn't work out than they go set offence and Al gets position. Wouldn't it be nice if half the time we ran and the other half Al pounded the paint. I still think that the reason that Al hogs the ball so much is because there just isn't anything else being done.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by pickledXgrandma View Post
    Josh Howard is better.
    Marvin Williams = Josh Howard 2.0 (only 4 times more expensive).

Rep Level
    Did you guys see this quote from Corbin? I was a little surprised

Tyrone Corbin on if he likes the line-up of Alec Burks, Randy Foye and Gordon Hayward
    " I really do it gives us three guys that can drive, three guys that can make perimeter shots, three guys that if they double Al we can get an attack from the weak side, it is effective for us and I like what we can get from that versitility"

Senior Member PointGod_AlecBurks's Avatar
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben10 View Post
    Did you guys see this quote from Corbin? I was a little surprised
    'Mediocrity' and 'Tradition'

is turning to

"Flexibility" and "Versatility"

Great find.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by cctrackstar View Post
    Al doesn't have to run to have a fast break. If the fast break doesn't work out than they go set offence and Al gets position. Wouldn't it be nice if half the time we ran and the other half Al pounded the paint. I still think that the reason that Al hogs the ball so much is because there just isn't anything else being done.
    look at this game. the clippers jazz are waiting for al to get in the offense.
    01-21-2013

Rep Level
    The month of February:

26 mpg, 11 ppg, 48% FGs, 55% 3pt, 80% FTs, 4 rebs, 3 asts.

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Rep Level
    Burks was painful to watch last night. Although one thing I really like about his game is he's looking like a deadly outside shooter. Kid can get a shot off in a hurry and his form looks good when he does too.
    No Mediocrity

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmike View Post
    This. That's why I want him to start at PG and tell the team to run. It puts the ball in his hands every possession. He's not a "true" PG stylistically (a la Rubio) but he could still be a GREAT point guard if you put the ball in his hands and he's in attack mode.

I'd love to see this lineup get serious time together:

PG - Burks
    SG - Foye
    SF - Hayward
    PF - Sap/Favors
    C - Jefferson

This lineup would thrive off Burks getting into the paint. Two shooters on the wings, two bigs who can score on the interior if their bigs help off.
    Why do you bench Millsap but start Al? Every stat out there, other than shots per game, shows Al is the better player. Burks would be much better with Millsap due to spacing.

This love affair with Al has got to stop. Al should be benched, and I am starting to wonder if Kanter should start. Favors' defense is amazing though.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by cctrackstar View Post
    I would argue that there isn't anything being done because Al hogs the ball so much. The offense when Al touches the ball compared to when he doesn't is completely different. That's on Al, not on the other players.

Banned
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulu View Post
    Basketball romantic...

Welcome to the Burks-side!!!
    I know. I finally made it and i feel great. Life has been just so awesome ever since i joined the Alec Burks needs more minutes cause. I feel great!!

Banned
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    Burks was painful to watch last night. Although one thing I really like about his game is he's looking like a deadly outside shooter. Kid can get a shot off in a hurry and his form looks good when he does too.
    Wait, Why was he painful??? He played well. Even Locke agrees with me, and he is usually super critical of Burks. Locke said he shined!! I say he shined! Burks rebounded, shot 50 percent. played Good D (Those Crawford 3's were prayers) and only turned it over 3 times. big deal!! ha. No but seriously, I don't understand how he was painful to watch. He played pretty well.

Banned
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by green View Post
    Why do you bench Millsap but start Al? Every stat out there, other than shots per game, shows Al is the better player. Burks would be much better with Millsap due to spacing.

This love affair with Al has got to stop. Al should be benched, and I am starting to wonder if Kanter should start. Favors' defense is amazing though.
    Haha. Never fear, green is always here to bash on Jefferson.