Page 27 of 56 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    How refreshing is it that we have seen nary a word uttered about Halo 4 on here? Die Halo, die.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Duck Rodgers View Post
    How refreshing is it that we have seen nary a word uttered about Halo 4 on here? Die Halo, die.
    Yeah, the original was great, but I kinda stopped caring after that.

Okami (discussed above) is as good as I remember it, BTW. I've been replaying it, ten hours in. Good times. I'll say again that anyone with a PS3 who never played the PS2 or Wii versions should give it a download. Totally worth it for the bargain bin price.

Looking forward to Hitman: Absolution, which is out in a week. It's the last game coming out this year that I care anything about.

Also, hilarious Dark Souls news here. God I love From Software. They're the only ones who would even contemplate doing such a thing, and the only ones who could get away with it with their fans still smiling. Funniest thing I've read all week.
    "Yeah, I got a way to defend it. Bring a bat to the game and kill one of them."
    -Nick Van Exel, on defending the Stockton-Malone Pick & Roll

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    lol thanks for sharing that, i did pick the pendant. never figured it out and never followed up after i moved on from the game. haven't followed this thread from the beginning so not sure if its been gone over, but the DS series is amazing. demons souls is probably the most fun i have ever had playing any game ever. i lost myself in that game for a good 3 months. over 350 hrs logged. i still haven't payed my sleep debt. if you havent played demon souls or dark souls, you really really really need the check them out. classics.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris-L View Post
    lol thanks for sharing that, i did pick the pendant. never figured it out and never followed up after i moved on from the game. haven't followed this thread from the beginning so not sure if its been gone over, but the DS series is amazing. demons souls is probably the most fun i have ever had playing any game ever. i lost myself in that game for a good 3 months. over 350 hrs logged. i still haven't payed my sleep debt. if you havent played demon souls or dark souls, you really really really need the check them out. classics.
    I'm not sure if I mentioned it here, but Demon's Souls was actually the reason I picked up a PS3 in the first place, on Black Friday 09 (which happened to be the first release of the PS3 slim model). I already knew I was going to love Demon's Souls because it looked like the spiritual successor to From Software's earlier series of dungeon crawlers, King's Field, which is my favorite series of games ever (you might enjoy King's Field: The Ancient City for PS2, antiquated as it is these days). Then I got a chance to play it over at my brother's place in late October, and there was just no way I could go without it any longer after playing those first few levels. It was just too damned good.

Of course now I play my PS3 almost exclusively and my X-Box is gathering dust... weird to think I've only had it for three years, seems like I've had it forever. But Demon's Souls was still the game that I used to justify the expense of another console. I just had to have it. The only other game that I can recall giving me quite that sense of jaw-dropping awe is Resident Evil 4... which forced me to buy a Gamecube. Ahh, good times.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Time names its 100 top video games of all time:

http://techland.time.com/2012/11/15/...t-of-the-best/

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Time names its 100 top video games of all time:

http://techland.time.com/2012/11/15/...t-of-the-best/
    I don't have the time or inclination to critique their whole list, but needless to say, Time doesn't really know crap about video games, and it shows. Where is Zelda: Ocarina of Time? Dark Souls? Castlevania: Symphony of the Night? Mega Man 2? Super Metroid? X-Com: UFO Defense? Resident Evil 4? To me, these are all mortal locks, not even worth discussing whether they should be in or not. Anyone with half a brain could see it. And yet they're not there. To be sure, in some cases they listed the first game in a series and not the sequels, but this is no excuse. The first game isn't always the best... in fact, with video games sequels tend to be better. A real list doesn't just pick the first game in a series as if all the games in it are equally good.

Not to mention that a lot of Time's readers don't seem very discerning, either. Over 60% of readers think that Demon's Souls, Okami, and Final Fantasy Tactics shouldn't have been on the list. Huh? Apparently over 60% of Time's readers don't know what a good game is.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Would anyone be interested if I did a LP thread for the new XCOM using JF forumers? I made a pretty great Jerry Sloan already.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Julie Greengiant View Post
    Would anyone be interested if I did a LP thread for the new XCOM using JF forumers? I made a pretty great Jerry Sloan already.
    I say go for it.

I wanted to make a video of XCOM set to the song Titanium by Sia, but I don't know the first thing about making videos and editing in sound and stuff.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Borderlands 2 is awesome. The humor in it is fantastic, and the looting is so much fun.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Meh, Halo 4 is the best Halo since Halo 2. Haters gonna hate.
    My love for Gordy Hayward is unabashed.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by honz View Post
    Meh, Halo 4 is the best Halo since Halo 2. Haters gonna hate.
    That could be true, but it's still Halo. I just don't like the whole world of Halo. Halo 1 started me off on a sour point. You put in 10-12 hours(however long it took to beat) and really the only fun part was "The Flood" at the very end and it was over in like 5 minutes. I don't like that ratio.

I think the one thing that pulls me in to play games is the world environments. Same thing with Fallout 3. I basically loved how you played that game, how you leveled up, the story, everything, except that the world was just so damn boring. You're always like walking around for 15 minutes until some random enemy finally runs out of a rubble hut somewhere and gives you a little action or until you burrow into some abandon Subway system where there's 20 enemies that are 40 levels higher than you. After 5 or 6 hours put into that ****, you have to turn it off because you know it would take putting a solid 25-30 hours for the game to even be fun. Ramble, ramble.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I'm finally buying 2K13 for PC. I'll be on sometime around Xmas. Anybody else play that game on Steam? I've never been very good so surely there must be somebody that would enjoy steamrolling me.
    "I'm a moron for thinking the Browns could even sniff 10 wins in a division where the other three teams (two of whom almost always make the playoffs) made the post-season last year. Gyp Rosetti's thee God of football knowledge." - Brown Notes

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Notes View Post
    I'm finally buying 2K13 for PC. I'll be on sometime around Xmas. Anybody else play that game on Steam? I've never been very good so surely there must be somebody that would enjoy steamrolling me.
    i am interested in computer games but i cant play on a keyboard. i love that theyre usually cheaper too.
    is there a way to use a ps3 controller or something bro?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I ordered an XBox controller with a usb. They're about 30 bucks. You can get wireless ones too but I didn't care.
    "I'm a moron for thinking the Browns could even sniff 10 wins in a division where the other three teams (two of whom almost always make the playoffs) made the post-season last year. Gyp Rosetti's thee God of football knowledge." - Brown Notes

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Someone should play Chivalry with me, this game is LEGIT.

check out gameplay: