Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

Jerry's most creative lineup yet!

At some time in the 2nd half (I was listening to 1320KFAN) he had a lineup of Watson, Price, Hayward, Elson, and Fesenko. I've always been AGAINST us using 2 C's unless Jefferson is @ PF, but Elson actually seemed to be doing very well as a PF himself, both offensively and defensively. This lineup really seemed to work.
    In the broadcast Locke noted several times that either Tyreka Evans was having a 'bad' game or Hayward was really defending him well. My impression is Hayward is like a sponge; he figures things out on-the-fly very quickly. Hope Jerry took note of all this...
    Man, our versatilty is off the charts!!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Agree, Elson's more of a finesse center and versatile enough to play some backup PF.
    Good to have this kind of flexibility at backup PF/C - if you noticed in the first half Evans picked up 3 quick fouls with Carl Landry overpowering him - obviously no way Evans can guard a PF like Landry. So on some nights Utah can utilize the versatility and matchup problems Evans and AK cause playing PF in relief of Sap, and if the opponent has a powerful low-post scorer they can rely on an Elson/Fes combo.
    "It's a loss. It's one loss on our home floor that we aren't happy with." -Ty Corbin, 12/26/12.
    "It's one loss." -Ty Corbin, 1/11/13.
    "Whether you lose by one or by 45 like we did tonight, it's one loss." -Ty Corbin, 1/28/13.
    "It's one loss." -Ty Corbin, 4/3/13.
    It's disappointing any time you don't make the playoffs." -Ty Corbin, 4/17/13.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I was impressed with what I saw out of Elson last night. Has some athleticism, length and a decent shot. Looked good defensibly at least last night, not enough looks to get a great read on him. I did notice that when Elson and Fes played together, that there was almost nothing getting close to the basket and they rebounded well. Fes changes a lot of shots and elson boxes out well. Add AK to that lineup and teams will be disinclined to play in the paint.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I'm liking Elson as well - obviously not going to go out and dominate on either side of the court; but he could be a decent veteran role player. A little bit of a mean streak too.

Probably the next to revive his career in Utah.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Elson don't take no crap from nobuddy. That approach itself is worth 5-10 wins a year, if every player has it.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by NotDeadYet View Post
    Man, our versatilty is off the charts!!
    ...or, in other words....WHO ARE THESE GUYS???

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Hayward is going to be nothing but a 12th man on a championship caliber team. Lets face it why utah drafted him is because he is white. Hes the next great white hype for jazz fans wanting another stockton or horna(sp?) Hes just not an nba player. If he would pf stayed in college he would have been one that slipped to being 2nd round or undrafted after a senior season. His stock was high and the jazz follishly bought into him. He looks to small for a 2 guard. Not quick enough. Not great shooter or passer.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by carolinajazz View Post
    ...or, in other words....WHO ARE THESE GUYS???
    I laughed

Banned..... LOLJK!!1! The-Joker's Avatar
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by ncoloradojazz View Post
    Hayward is going to be nothing but a 12th man on a championship caliber team. Lets face it why utah drafted him is because he is white. Hes the next great white hype for jazz fans wanting another stockton or horna(sp?) Hes just not an nba player. If he would pf stayed in college he would have been one that slipped to being 2nd round or undrafted after a senior season. His stock was high and the jazz follishly bought into him. He looks to small for a 2 guard. Not quick enough. Not great shooter or passer.
    What a hack thing to say

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by DutchJazzer View Post
    relax guy, i like gay men

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Hayward is going to be nothing but a 12th man on a championship caliber team. Lets face it why utah drafted him is because he is white.
    .....obviously, you are a racist! The only reason you're not on everybody's "ignore" list is because....you make good copy!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    You must not be watching the same game that I am. He is a great passer. And played great defense on more than one occation against a guy in Evans that destroyed us last year going to the hole. Bell and Hayward both did a great job of keeping him in front of them. His shot well come.

And I really liked the lineup with Elson and Fes in there. The Kings were one and out every trip. And with Watson and Price playing together Price was able to come off the down screens and get some great looks at the basket instead of just Jacking up jumpers off the dribble

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    too small for a 2 guard? at 6'9"? i appreciate your sarcasm on subjective matters but not on
    something really measurable

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    This thread's full of so much fail.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazeeEyezKilla View Post
    This thread's full of so much fail.
    Yes, but some good comments as well...
    Vslice, you are absolutely correct; Jeramy Evans can't guard everyone, but the good thing is he's a competitor. If you beat him on a play, he'll keep his head up and find a way to beat you on the next play. Hayward has that same quality.
    Hayward seemed to do a great job defensively against Tyreka Evans of the Kings, which was NOT expected.
    Hopefully Sloan will be willing during the regular season to try MORE creative lineups when the regulars get a little flat (which happens to EVERY team at points in the season). This particular combo really seemed to work!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by NotDeadYet View Post
    Yes, but some good comments as well...
    Vslice, you are absolutely correct; Jeramy Evans can't guard everyone, but the good thing is he's a competitor. If you beat him on a play, he'll keep his head up and find a way to beat you on the next play. Hayward has that same quality.
    Hayward seemed to do a great job defensively against Tyreka Evans of the Kings, which was NOT expected.
    Hopefully Sloan will be willing during the regular season to try MORE creative lineups when the regulars get a little flat (which happens to EVERY team at points in the season). This particular combo really seemed to work!
    I have to say I love your attitude on this board. I truely wish more of our posters were like you. Upbeat, positive and talking about basketball.
    If you dont like the Jazz, then you can get the hell out.