Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Stock Picks

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    In the Biotech industry, I like NPSP, PPHM, PCRX.
    Banks wise, WFC hands down

Premium Member Jazz Punk Rocker's Avatar
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Just bought Microsoft (MSFT) yesterday, im liking it already. Also, Verizon has been doing awesome for me lately.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz Punk Rocker View Post
    Just bought Microsoft (MSFT) yesterday, im liking it already. Also, Verizon has been doing awesome for me lately.
    Speaking of Verizon, Sprint has been looking good recently. I could see it go to 5-6 by the end of the year

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by utahjazz107 View Post
    PPHM
    Doesn't that one look like a bit of a problem child? They are barely hovering around Nasdaq listing requirements. The float is bigger than the market cap. It's even flagged right now. That certainly doesn't mean it's going to trade down, a lot of those spike on dead cat bounces to re-meet listing requirements, but still, been there, done that, that's a little scary. And an earnings report on Monday is in the coffers to boot. Hopefully they come through for you.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Duck Rodgers View Post
    Doesn't that one look like a bit of a problem child? They are barely hovering around Nasdaq listing requirements. The float is bigger than the market cap. It's even flagged right now. That certainly doesn't mean it's going to trade down, a lot of those spike on dead cat bounces to re-meet listing requirements, but still, been there, done that, that's a little scary. And an earnings report on Monday is in the coffers to boot. Hopefully they come through for you.
    Risky but I bought at .59 before all the good news catalysts were announced. It may head to 2 bucks in a week or two.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Sold Sprint today, anyone have any good pickups?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    What do you guys think about TBT? Are we seeing the start of the great interest rate reversal that everybody has been waiting for? The calls on that are going crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by utahjazz107 View Post
    PPHM,
    ^^^^Also, This dude killed on that PPHM call. Up 200% now from when he posted, basically only a month ago. I've already repped him a few times for it back when it was starting its rise up and even jumped in the stock for a few days, but I just thought it deserves to be pointed out "publicly". Great call. He has even got me thinking that I want to get back in the penny stock/biotech game again like I used to be. Those big moves are so sweet when you get them, even if you can't put a lot of money into some of them because of a lack of volume. I don't know if he has any sort of track record with the sort of thing, the other two he picked combined for ~ -10% so far(only a month in- still plenty of time), but who really cares when one of the 3 rolls off a 200 banger? Great call, great call.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Yep, good call 107. Cool of you to give props, Duck.

I'm not in yet, but checking out KOG (Kodiak Oil) for more of a longer term earner.
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Gold and silver are the only long term investments to even think about in this economy.
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSilencer1313 View Post
    Gold and silver are the only long term investments to even think about in this economy.
    Okie dokie.
    #dumptruckin

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirkickyass View Post
    One of the pains of being a securities lawyer is that I essentially have to play entirely blind and have others invest my money. Anything else virtually assures that I will be the target of an SEC investigation.
    Good thing you're not a securities lawyer anymore, right? Now you can get real rich & we can all piggyback on it. What you got?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Duck Rodgers View Post
    What do you guys think about TBT? Are we seeing the start of the great interest rate reversal that everybody has been waiting for? The calls on that are going crazy.

^^^^Also, This dude killed on that PPHM call. Up 200% now from when he posted, basically only a month ago. I've already repped him a few times for it back when it was starting its rise up and even jumped in the stock for a few days, but I just thought it deserves to be pointed out "publicly". Great call. He has even got me thinking that I want to get back in the penny stock/biotech game again like I used to be. Those big moves are so sweet when you get them, even if you can't put a lot of money into some of them because of a lack of volume. I don't know if he has any sort of track record with the sort of thing, the other two he picked combined for ~ -10% so far(only a month in- still plenty of time), but who really cares when one of the 3 rolls off a 200 banger? Great call, great call.
    I'm holding NPSP right now, doesn't have the volume yet but one of it's drugs GATTEX has almost a 100% chance of being approved. I don't see it going lower than 7. I think it could go as high as 9-10 after approval. PCRX I bought at 11 like 7 months ago before their drug was approved and I sold off a couple weeks ago.

I like SIGA, they are currently producing a drug that cures smallpox which is going to be huge as defense programs would buy a ton of them in the event of a terrorist attack. With the tensions raising in the Middle East, I heard countries like Syria are using bio-terror as their main weapon. This stock was a 12 dollar stock in April 2011 but "lost" their lawsuit with a smaller pharmaceutical company PIP but everything looks like SIGA will win it's appeal and jump back up to the 5-7 range at least. They already have a grant from Obama for their research and their pipeline features other notable drugs like ST-669 which is a broad spectrum drug that could cure multiple viruses which would be the biggest medical innovation since penicillin, and worth more than any other drug on the market but there is still a LONG way to go but at 3 dollars it's a steal

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Aapl to 560 today. It just keeps running. PE of 15.90 - I think the forward PE is around 12. Has anyone else been holding long term? Any thoughts?
    AAPL to $674 and keeping the market up. PE of 15.86. This has to easily run to $700 in the short term one would think.

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    873K jobs magically found?

I was more than shocked to wake up to this. Conspiracies abound yet #s fits into my narative. I've been most convinced by Dr. Lawrence Mishel on Daily Ticker (a webcast I've grown partial to), but the print is so surprising that it's hard to take at face value. Any thoughts?

I also was amused by Durdan's instant 582,000/873,000 = .66666666666666 comment.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    AAPL to $674 and keeping the market up. PE of 15.86. This has to easily run to $700 in the short term one would think.
    So did you bail or you still hanging and buying the "dips"? That thing has taken a beating.
    Last edited by Duck Rodgers; 11-16-2012 at 10:30 PM.