Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by YB85 View Post
    Why can't we have both? Liquored up idiots with guns = thinning of the herd.
    Go **** yourself you son of a bitch.

(damn)(I just shot myself)
    Eneshttp://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u77/gtrutzel/airgordon-1.jpgThe Menace

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by UB View Post
    Buy good beer at the liquor store. The Devastator is the best thing to come out of Utah since Cytherea.
    That beer has the worst aftertaste of any I can think of. But it will definitely get you hammered if you're not paying attention to volume.

Quote Originally Posted by YB85 View Post
    I enjoy paying $12+ for a 6 pack of beer.
    Don't visit Wyoming then. The beer prices up there are astronomical. I've asked around a few times and they think they have to compensate for the 37.5% higher content with over 50% higher prices. I guess two table spoons extra sugar really kills a brewery's bottom line.
    No Mediocrity

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Drinking is up, WAY UP!

And before anyone says anything, I'm not contributing to the statistical increase because I make at least 90% of the beer I drink.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/money/5...tml.csp?page=1

In a state known for its teetotalers, imbibing is on the upswing in Utah — with drinkers downing nearly a third more liquor than they did six years ago.
    Although key members of the Mormon-dominated Legislature for years have tried to control consumption by restricting the number of alcohol licenses available to restaurants, bars and clubs, an inevitable demographic change and the push for more economic development could help reshape that longtime policy.
    Just want to appeal for sanity on this issue once again.
    Last edited by Gameface; 11-06-2012 at 09:47 AM.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Seconded
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    My dreams died a little a while back when I realized I could never open a pub and serve Real Ale (http://www.camra.org.uk/aboutale) from a cask because there is a 4%abv limit on beer served from a tap (except in my basement...suck on that Sen. Valentine) so many of the styles I'd want to serve would have to be served from a bottle. The saddest part for me is I'd want to serve a 4.5% porter and a 5.5% pale ale, so nothing crazy by any means. Beer at 4% is perfectly fine for many styles, but does not fit for many other styles. I like bigger bodied, malty beers and in order to support that extra body and flavor you need a little more alcohol to balance it all out. The kick in the pants is that heavier beers are not at all well suited for pounding one after another. If you want to get **** faced drinking beer you're gonna wanna go for a light lager (bud light) so you can drink non-stop without getting full or tasting anything. Very few people would go to a bar and spend $6-$7 a pint on traditional English style ales and down more than 2-3 over the course of an evening. This is yet another example of a law that certainly doesn't accomplish what it intends and may very well accomplish the opposite.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameface View Post
    My dreams died a little a while back when I realized I could never open a pub and serve Real Ale (http://www.camra.org.uk/aboutale) from a cask because there is a 4%abv limit on beer served from a tap (except in my basement...suck on that Sen. Valentine) so many of the styles I'd want to serve would have to be served from a bottle. The saddest part for me is I'd want to serve a 4.5% porter and a 5.5% pale ale, so nothing crazy by any means. Beer at 4% is perfectly fine for many styles, but does not fit for many other styles. I like bigger bodied, malty beers and in order to support that extra body and flavor you need a little more alcohol to balance it all out. The kick in the pants is that heavier beers are not at all well suited for pounding one after another. If you want to get **** faced drinking beer you're gonna wanna go for a light lager (bud light) so you can drink non-stop without getting full or tasting anything. Very few people would go to a bar and spend $6-$7 a pint on traditional English style ales and down more than 2-3 over the course of an evening. This is yet another example of a law that certainly doesn't accomplish what it intends and may very well accomplish the opposite.
    Damn... now I really want to try your beer!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Scat View Post
    Where are you?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Scat View Post
    I think they've always wanted to create more alcoholics or something. I can go to Vegas, drink a 6 pack, and be completely plastered. Then you come back to Utah, drink the same 6 pack, and still need another 6 to equal what you drank in Vegas.
    Then if you drink like I do, you start hitting the bottle because it becomes too expensive to throw down 6 or 7 beers a night.
    It doesn't make much sense other than to sell more beer and liquor, which I'm sure they don't mind doing.
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameface View Post
    Is there a good reason why I can't purchase a keg of beer?

Is there a good reason why I can't order a double jack and coke?

Is there a good reason why I can't purchase a mini-bottle?

Is there a good reason why wine coolers are only sold at the liquor store?

Is there a good reason why beer is limited to 3.2% abw (4% abv)?

Does this make any sense?

I like to say liquor laws in Utah are like gun laws in D.C., they are made by people who consider the item evil and unnecessary and who don't know anything about them.
    most laws are senseless.
    so you cant make sense of them
    lawmakers are retarded.
    and want to ruin your live
    01-21-2013
    I, HeavenHarris, hereby pledge to my fellow JFC'rs that I will no longer give out neg-reps. All it does is cause negative things, like fights, drama, bitching, ill will, bad feelings, etc.
    Love, not hate, is the answer bros and moes.

LOL Lol breaks his pledge 5 days later hahahaha

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by UB View Post
    Buy good beer at the liquor store. The Devastator is the best thing to come out of Utah since Cytherea.
    i'd love me some cytherea.
    with her who needs liqour.
    she makes liqour
    01-21-2013
    I, HeavenHarris, hereby pledge to my fellow JFC'rs that I will no longer give out neg-reps. All it does is cause negative things, like fights, drama, bitching, ill will, bad feelings, etc.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    okay on a serious note, why not protest this law.
    why let mormon's dictate your live.
    why not just say screw you to the leaders.
    let the leaders knwo not to **** with you
    01-21-2013

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Gameface, I'm a mormon, and I am completely with you on this issue.

There is an interesting documentary called Beehive Spirits that has been running on KUED lately. It's short, but examines the history of alcohol production and consumption in Utah. I recommend checking it out. We Morms haven't always been straight laced and sober. It also reaffirmed my belief that the membership of the church has twisted the Word of Wisdom into a mere shred of its original intent.

But that's a soapbox for another day.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronco70 View Post
    It also reaffirmed my belief that the membership of the church has twisted the Word of Wisdom into a mere shred of its original intent.
    I concur.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Will you two get ahold of Sen. Valentine and set him straight? Just when we think we're gaining some sanity he comes out with some new whack-a-doodle liquor laws that I can't imagine where he dreamed up.