Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4048495051 LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Apparently you aren't reading any of the sources listed by others either. Here is one from an earlier post:

Although the mission may seem ripped from a big-budget action movie or the pages of a spy thriller, some said such operations are not unusual. Officials just keep them quiet.
    "They carry out lots of operations like this," Lindsay said. "We never hear about them because the targets are far less well known to the American public."
    Today Pakistan sharply criticized the operation as "unauthorized unilateral action" and a "threat to international peace and security."
    "The government of Pakistan further affirms that such an event shall not serve as a future precedent for any state, including the U.S.," the Foreign Office said in a statement.
    But U.S. forces have been active in Pakistan for years.
    "The significance (of the operation) was that it was bin Laden, not that we were in Pakistan," said Rutgers-Camden foreign policy professor Wojtek Wolfe.
    Yep, completely unprecedented huh. Amazing how these people with more information than we have about it think just the opposite.

The only way anyone is "limiting" the credit Obama gets is by countering the people who think he is the Savior who ferreted out OBL all by himself and daringly did all but pull the trigger while our inept intelligence people and military minds sat on the sidelines sucking their thumbs, because of course Bush is a moron so anyone who worked on this under him were all morons too.

Actually YOU are limiting the credit of those people who, despite changes in political regimes here at home, have worked tirelessly on this for the better part of the last decade, culminating in this mission. That is a lot like saying Michael Jordan was ok in the playoffs, but since Kerr hit a 3-pointer at the end to win a game, he was the REAL hero.

The timeline goes back to the early 2000's when they started identifying and following couriers with ties to OBL. They traced one to Pakistan and started watching there. Then the break came when they found the compound. Obama ordered the attack and rightly so. That is the extent of his involvement. Multiple sources not controlled by the democratic party support this timeline. You provide one heavily liberally slanted source to counter it.

But let me get this straight. You hate Obama so much, but are convinced that any other person in the white house would NEVER have done what he did to get OBL. So all others would have ignored the intelligence. No other single individual would have taken the opportunity to take out the top terrorist in the world. Not a single other person would have ordered any kind of strike like this. Right?

Wow, if you are not a democratic lacky you are certainly delusional.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyReAL View Post
    The guy is in Reno. RENO! Give him a break.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
    Wow, you couldn't be further off. I point out that you are doing nothing but trying to limit any amount of credit Obama is getting (certainly not "applauding" him)- therefore I find it hard to believe you would have actually "applauded" him had he failed. And your response is to claim I am a blind Obama lover based on party lines?

I think the last time we "talked" on this board I told you I didn't even like Obama and didn't think he could even win a primary if he were forced into one. And just yesterday I told bean I would write him in when I vote for president because I don't like Obama.

Now I'm some blind Obama supporter for giving him credit when he did what Bush failed to do?

Do the math on it. All the sources out there say Bin Laden only lived at that compound for 4 or 5 years at the most. So if they would have known about it the second he moved in (which they obviously did not), then Obama would have been in the mix roughly 2 years later. And if they knew about it for 2 years under Bush without acting on it, then it's even more ridiculous when you claim that anyone else would have done what Obama did.

Again- Obama basically ordered the SEALS to invade an ally. That does NOT happen all the time, as you claim.
    Well, except for the personal digs going on between friends here, I'm finding this a pretty good discussion.

Here's where I agree with Salty: I actually am just so burned at Bush for his part in the bailouts and deficits. . . . and especially for his action in facilitating the evacuation of all Osama Bin Ladin relatives then in the US, well, mainly TEXAS. . . . on day two after 9/11. . . . . I think we should give Obama credit for ordering the mission to take out OSB. . . . because I really don't think George Bush would have.

I really think the American public has been played into spending trillions on a useless foreign war, again..... just like Viet Nam. . . . and Korea.. . . and costing thousands of American lives. . . . with absolutely NO INTENT on the part of our military-industrial corporate establishment and their lackey figurehead "Presidents" and bought and paid for "Representatives" and "Senators", to actually win the stupid wars.

That's why I want our government put back in the hands of the American people, and why I want to return to the original intent of our Constitution to limit the power of the Federal government and the extent to which our "leaders" can synchronize the supposedly "separate" branches of government.

Obama's decision may have been very gutsy in ordering the mission, going against the wishes of his MIC "management"/support base. And while he may have done it precisely because he sees his political future hopeless and because he was desperate to re-ignite popular support for his Presidency, I would take it all and say "Good. Maybe our political system does work, sometimes, for the benefit of the voters."

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by LogGrad98 View Post
    Apparently you aren't reading any of the sources listed by others either. Here is one from an earlier post:

Yep, completely unprecedented huh. Amazing how these people with more information than we have about it think just the opposite.

The only way anyone is "limiting" the credit Obama gets is by countering the people who think he is the Savior who ferreted out OBL all by himself and daringly did all but pull the trigger while our inept intelligence people and military minds sat on the sidelines sucking their thumbs, because of course Bush is a moron so anyone who worked on this under him were all morons too.

Actually YOU are limiting the credit of those people who, despite changes in political regimes here at home, have worked tirelessly on this for the better part of the last decade, culminating in this mission. That is a lot like saying Michael Jordan was ok in the playoffs, but since Kerr hit a 3-pointer at the end to win a game, he was the REAL hero.

The timeline goes back to the early 2000's when they started identifying and following couriers with ties to OBL. They traced one to Pakistan and started watching there. Then the break came when they found the compound. Obama ordered the attack and rightly so. That is the extent of his involvement. Multiple sources not controlled by the democratic party support this timeline. You provide one heavily liberally slanted source to counter it.

But let me get this straight. You hate Obama so much, but are convinced that any other person in the white house would NEVER have done what he did to get OBL. So all others would have ignored the intelligence. No other single individual would have taken the opportunity to take out the top terrorist in the world. Not a single other person would have ordered any kind of strike like this. Right?

Wow, if you are not a democratic lacky you are certainly delusional.
    Your quote that "these type of missions happen all the time" doesn't mean anything. Yes, we're all aware that the USA conducts missions like this all the time. But the point is they don't do it in countries that are supposedly our ally, without notifying them first.

So it comes down to this: Do you agree that this RARELY happens? If so, Obama deserves a lot of credit for doing what few others have/would have done.
    Or: Do you think this happens all the time? If so, the quotes and links you posted are not making this claim, so please find a better source to help me understand how you came to this conclusion.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Joker View Post
    I heard if you drink George Bush's urine, you live forever.
    This is only partially true. You must add the blood of Obama and you have the elixir you seek.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by TroutBum View Post
    Who cares who got the credit? Amy Winehouse is finally gone!
    It's a good thing Bush wasn't looking for her, otherwise she would have lived to 100.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by freakazoid View Post
    It's a good thing Bush wasn't looking for her, otherwise she would have lived to 100.
    What makes you think it wasn't something else Bush started that Obama finished? Massive recession, Osama, Winehouse.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    So apparently the crew members of the ship that dumped Bin Laden's body in the ocean, did not witness the sea burial either

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...al-at-sea.html

Just have to say that if anyone actually believes this story, you are a dumb ass mother ****er.

There is a word for people like you, Gullible, thats you you.

Here is the definition for gullible

Gullible is a failure of social intelligence in which a person is easily tricked or manipulated

Its sad that so many people are on the jock of Obama and will believe this kind of nonsense.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    laden was probably already dead at the time but they had to serve a symbolic burial ceremony out of flowing gratitude for there wouldn't be no invasion of the middle-east if there wasn't a laden story. or, they killed him and dumped him in the ocean.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    So apparently the crew members of the ship that dumped Bin Laden's body in the ocean, did not witness the sea burial either

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/al-qaeda/9694952/Osama-bin-Laden-US-Navy-emails-reveal-no-sailors-witnessed-secret-burial-at-sea.html

Just have to say that if anyone actually believes this story, you are a dumb ass mother ****er.

There is a word for people like you, Gullible, thats you you.

Here is the definition for gullible

Gullible is a failure of social intelligence in which a person is easily tricked or manipulated

Its sad that so many people are on the jock of Obama and will believe this kind of nonsense.
    You ever been on a navy ship? I've witnessed a few burials at sea. Here's the magic words to keep people from witnessing the burial, "The hanger bay is secured."

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameface View Post
    You ever been on a navy ship? I've witnessed a few burials at sea. Here's the magic words to keep people from witnessing the burial, "The hanger bay is secured."
    yah, I took the tour on the Midway in San Diego. But the story was when it was first told that OSL remains, after being proven to the satisfaction of mission command, was dropped from a cargo plane. . . . far off course from the ship, and in fact no ship was mentioned. Yessirreee. . . . we oughta believe everything we're told when deliberate measures are taken and openly declared as meant to make it impossible for anyone to factually challenge the official story. . . .

That's what government is for, after all. . . . to create an official history and cultural story line we can all be 100% united behind. . . .

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameface View Post
    That has absolutely nothing to do with the story.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by candrew View Post
    How soon before the rumors start that they really gave the body to his family?
    A year and a half ago the burial at sea thing didn't sit right with me.

People forget how powerful the extended Bin Laden family is. Remember the story about how GHW Bush was to have lunch with one of Bin Laden's relatives on 9/11? And how the government evacuated him and other Bin Laden's out of the US on the taxpayer's dime .

Bin Laden's body was turned over to his family so they can bury him.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Why the hell does it matter?

Whether he was really buried at sea or his body secretly given to his family? who the hell cares unless you're trying to start up a conspiracy over whether he was ever truly killed?

Is Osama really alive? Was his "death" really a "fake" death?

Is he coming back???

Lakers Suck.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by The Thriller View Post
    Why the hell does it matter?

Whether he was really buried at sea or his body secretly given to his family? who the hell cares unless you're trying to start up a conspiracy over whether he was ever truly killed?

Is Osama really alive? Was his "death" really a "fake" death?

Is he coming back???

obviously, nobody cares at all. . . . and nobody should ever care at all. Go back to your basement and smoke some pot. It's good for soothing life's useless annoyances. . . .

unless you are just no longer willing to accept meaningless abuse from officials and "news" sources that are no better than first grade schoolmarms hushing us citizens into some bizarre world view that benefits no one and has absolutely no basis in fact and zero value as "truth", of course it doesn't matter.

You are the only person who can say otherwise if you ever reach that level of intelligence that begins to insist of factual support for your beliefs. . . .

We only spent a few Trillion dollars of taxpayer money trying to chase the OSL bogeyman. . . . no big deal.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by babe View Post
    obviously, nobody cares at all. . . . and nobody should ever care at all. Go back to your basement and smoke some pot. It's good for soothing life's useless annoyances. . . .

unless you are just no longer willing to accept meaningless abuse from officials and "news" sources that are no better than first grade schoolmarms hushing us citizens into some bizarre world view that benefits no one and has absolutely no basis in fact and zero value as "truth", of course it doesn't matter.

You are the only person who can say otherwise if you ever reach that level of intelligence that begins to insist of factual support for your beliefs. . . .

We only spent a few Trillion dollars of taxpayer money trying to chase the OSL bogeyman. . . . no big deal.

This is an excellent post.