Page 104 of 152 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 2271
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Scat View Post
    Went to a special screening of This is 40 last night. I cannot recommend that someone go see it but I can say it was pretty damn funny! I teared up several times I was laughing so hard.
    They lost me when they said it was a sort of sequel to "Knocked Up". That was one of the biggest pieces of **** I've sat through in the past 10 years.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Scat View Post
    Hot Rod. Kinda a mix between Napolean Dynamite and Dumb and Dumber. It was mildly entertaining.
    Thought it was one of the funnier movies if you are in the right mood.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by YB85 View Post
    They lost me when they said it was a sort of sequel to "Knocked Up". That was one of the biggest pieces of **** I've sat through in the past 10 years.
    Really? I have never met anyone that hated knocked up. I quite enjoyed it and am looking forward to this is 40. As a semi newly married man, some of the scenes I've seen have really hit home.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

Saw this the other night, I really enjoyed it. It took about 30 min to get going but once it did it was quite intense. Sort of a he said she said thriller. Its Iranian so there are subtitles, so you uncultured illiterate asshats had better skip it.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

Wasn't expecting much. Fairly low reviews though Peter Travers who I usually trust gave it 3/4. I was very pleasantly surprised. Probably his best movie since Collateral. It's ashame he doesn't work with great directors like he did through his killer run of mid 80's to 2000-2005 or so. A bit too cutesy in this here or there but overall, very solid.

Uh, wow. Good movie. Maybe even very good. MM crushes it and probably could be considered for an Academy nod though he won't get it. GG was great too. But man oh man, Friedkin may have even outdone himself with some of the violence. The last two or three minutes of the movie makes one want to cry, hug their mother and take a shower. Not at the same time of course.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp Rosetti View Post

Wasn't expecting much. Fairly low reviews though Peter Travers who I usually trust gave it 3/4. I was very pleasantly surprised. Probably his best movie since Collateral. It's ashame he doesn't work with great directors like he did through his killer run of mid 80's to 2000-2005 or so. A bit too cutesy in this here or there but overall, very solid.

Uh, wow. Good movie. Maybe even very good. MM crushes it and probably could be considered for an Academy nod though he won't get it. GG was great too. But man oh man, Friedkin may have even outdone himself with some of the violence. The last two or three minutes of the movie makes one want to cry, hug their mother and take a shower. Not at the same time of course.
    The 2nd pic didn't show up for me.... what was the 2nd movie you are talking about?

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Killer Joe.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    This is 40 - There are parts where I was almost crying from laughing so hard, but as a whole it was just kind of discombobulated. Like a bunch of hilarious scenes fused together with some awkward drama. If you liked Funny People (which I did) you will like This is 40. There are some parts where I felt like I was watching my life on a bigscreen. The love/hate relationship with Rudd and Mann was pretty god damn realistic.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    hobbit. it was a good movie that followed the book so if you step back from it because you don't wanna spoil the spirit of the tale, I can say it's safe to see it.

but it could be non 3D.

David Locke: "Because what happens in this league is, people start shooting threes and they get soft and don’t want contact and then they just stay out there all the time. You’re not going to get soft, are you?"
    Enes Kanter: "I kind of live in the paint, man. Come on. I won’t get soft. Don’t worry about that."

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

Loved the first 2 hours and 10 or so...could have done without the last 25...dragged a bit too much.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

Saw Les Mis last night. I'd give it 4 out of 5 stars. I saw it at Capitol Theater about 10 or 11 years ago and enjoyed it then, but it was easier to follow the story in the movie theater. It didn't feel like I sat there for 3 hours.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by jazz_fanatic View Post
    I still haven't seen Looper or Taken 2 and that makes me sad.
    Taken 2 was not as good as the first one, but I enjoyed it.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Just saw The Hobbit. It was greeeeat. And hilarious, but I think that was just the alcohol kicking in.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I also saw the Hobbit. I felt it moved a bit slow at times, and the mood of the movie seemed a bit off. There is definitely a different feel for the movie when they are using the novel, "The Hobbit," as the source and when they are using the appendices. I'll watch the rest of the trilogy, but I'm pretty sure this movie could have been condensed.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp Rosetti View Post

Loved the first 2 hours and 10 or so...could have done without the last 25...dragged a bit too much.
    I felt the same way. Not sure where I would rank it with his other movies.

EDIT: this may have been the only sold out R movie in Utah I've been to.