Page 111 of 153 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 2292
  1. #1651
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    501
    Total Rep Points
    459
    Rep Adjustment Power
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartsock View Post
    Killer Joe - Dammit this was a great movie, but why the F was in NC17? I have seen a lot lot lot worse in R and even some PG13's I thought were worse .... Either way MM kills it, literally and as an actor. Great movie, check it out if are into the darkest of the dark comedy/thrillers .....
    My best guess it's due to the fact the girl was supposedly only twelve years old. That was a little weird. But such an amazing flick.

  2. #1652
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    3,240
    Total Rep Points
    3775
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by crater77 View Post
    My best guess it's due to the fact the girl was supposedly only twelve years old. That was a little weird. But such an amazing flick.
    If she would have looked 12 that would have been very awkward but she has big boobs and looks like she is 21. I wasnt sure if she really was supposed to be 12 or if she was just saying weird things because she is weird.

  3. #1653
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tabor Heights
    Posts
    12,581
    Total Rep Points
    4891
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartsock View Post
    If she would have looked 12 that would have been very awkward but she has big boobs and looks like she is 21. I wasnt sure if she really was supposed to be 12 or if she was just saying weird things because she is weird.
    I disagree. I teach middle school and have students who look more mature than she does. That and the gratuitous violence at the end definitely warranted an NC-17 rating imo. The end freakin' scarred me.

  4. #1654
    Senior Member fishonjazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    K-TOWN
    Posts
    17,420
    Total Rep Points
    39341
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartsock View Post
    Killer Joe - Dammit this was a great movie, but why the F was in NC17? I have seen a lot lot lot worse in R and even some PG13's I thought were worse .... Either way MM kills it, literally and as an actor. Great movie, check it out if are into the darkest of the dark comedy/thrillers .....
    Who is MM?

  5. #1655
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tabor Heights
    Posts
    12,581
    Total Rep Points
    4891
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by fishonjazz View Post
    Who is MM?
    McConaghy

  6. #1656
    One Love - One Heart ONE LOVE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    19,886
    Total Rep Points
    22913
    Rep Adjustment Power
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp Rosetti View Post
    I disagree. I teach middle school and have students who look more mature than she does. That and the gratuitous violence at the end definitely warranted an NC-17 rating imo. The end freakin' scarred me.
    Wow you teach middle school? Seriously?
    2014CurrentDraftChampion

    2014AllTimeDraftRunner-Up

  7. #1657
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    MDB
    Posts
    718
    Total Rep Points
    812
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    Guess I'll bring back my old thread from the old site, so what's the last movie you have seen..
    Who's Nailin Palin Volume 3

  8.  

     

  9. #1658
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tabor Heights
    Posts
    12,581
    Total Rep Points
    4891
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotttnickkk View Post
    Wow you teach middle school? Seriously?
    Was this question seriously asked?

  10. #1659
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    220
    Total Rep Points
    173
    Rep Adjustment Power
    7
    killer joe - i never picked up on the 12 year old thing... there was that intimate scene where juno and, mostly, MM were fantasising about being 12 again. i assumed she was 18ish, possibly with some kind of very mild intellectual disability/brain injury which further complicates the consent stuf. i guess the ambiguity around her age has put off a lot of people, which is fine.

    any rating issues would be the result of that chicken scene, surely. that was pretty nasty.

    didn't mind the film overall. MM was perfect as a complete scumfvck.

  11. #1660
    One Love - One Heart ONE LOVE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    19,886
    Total Rep Points
    22913
    Rep Adjustment Power
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp Rosetti View Post
    Was this question seriously asked?
    Well I've always thought of teachers as reserved, well behave and serious, but you're obviously opposite to that.
    2014CurrentDraftChampion

    2014AllTimeDraftRunner-Up

  12. #1661
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    3,240
    Total Rep Points
    3775
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp Rosetti View Post
    I disagree. I teach middle school and have students who look more mature than she does. That and the gratuitous violence at the end definitely warranted an NC-17 rating imo. The end freakin' scarred me.
    I didnt think it was all that violent, its nothing compared to lame ass horror movies like hostel and the sort ... I also thought she wasnt really 12 but was just saying that because she was retarded but what do i know .... I stand by the fact that I have seen much much much worse in R movies. The chicken scene was awkward to say the least.

  13. #1662
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tabor Heights
    Posts
    12,581
    Total Rep Points
    4891
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartsock View Post
    I didnt think it was all that violent, its nothing compared to lame ass horror movies like hostel and the sort ... I also thought she wasnt really 12 but was just saying that because she was retarded but what do i know .... I stand by the fact that I have seen much much much worse in R movies. The chicken scene was awkward to say the least.
    In context, I felt the last minute of the movie was worse than any graphic horror movie I've seen. Just crazy. The dialogue during it made it infinitely worse for me too.

  14. #1663
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,041
    Total Rep Points
    2147
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days

  15. #1664
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    3,240
    Total Rep Points
    3775
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp Rosetti View Post
    In context, I felt the last minute of the movie was worse than any graphic horror movie I've seen. Just crazy. The dialogue during it made it infinitely worse for me too.
    I just didnt get it I guess, I mean I really liked the movie I just thought the NC17 was BS, not that it matters at all.

  16. #1665
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The Neighborhood of Make Believe
    Posts
    1,594
    Total Rep Points
    1679
    Rep Adjustment Power
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by crater77 View Post
    My best guess it's due to the fact the girl was supposedly only twelve years old. That was a little weird. But such an amazing flick.
    I am not sure the age of the character, but at least the actress was in her early 20s (born 1989).
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1017334/?ref_=tt_cl_t3
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1726669/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •