Page 111 of 153 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 2292
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartsock View Post
    Killer Joe - Dammit this was a great movie, but why the F was in NC17? I have seen a lot lot lot worse in R and even some PG13's I thought were worse .... Either way MM kills it, literally and as an actor. Great movie, check it out if are into the darkest of the dark comedy/thrillers .....
    My best guess it's due to the fact the girl was supposedly only twelve years old. That was a little weird. But such an amazing flick.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by crater77 View Post
    My best guess it's due to the fact the girl was supposedly only twelve years old. That was a little weird. But such an amazing flick.
    If she would have looked 12 that would have been very awkward but she has big boobs and looks like she is 21. I wasnt sure if she really was supposed to be 12 or if she was just saying weird things because she is weird.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    If she would have looked 12 that would have been very awkward but she has big boobs and looks like she is 21. I wasnt sure if she really was supposed to be 12 or if she was just saying weird things because she is weird.
    I disagree. I teach middle school and have students who look more mature than she does. That and the gratuitous violence at the end definitely warranted an NC-17 rating imo. The end freakin' scarred me.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Killer Joe - Dammit this was a great movie, but why the F was in NC17? I have seen a lot lot lot worse in R and even some PG13's I thought were worse .... Either way MM kills it, literally and as an actor. Great movie, check it out if are into the darkest of the dark comedy/thrillers .....
    Who is MM?

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by fishonjazz View Post
    Who is MM?
    McConaghy

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp Rosetti View Post
    I disagree. I teach middle school and have students who look more mature than she does. That and the gratuitous violence at the end definitely warranted an NC-17 rating imo. The end freakin' scarred me.
    Wow you teach middle school? Seriously?
    2014CurrentDraftChampion

2014AllTimeDraftRunner-Up

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    Guess I'll bring back my old thread from the old site, so what's the last movie you have seen..
    Who's Nailin Palin Volume 3

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotttnickkk View Post
    Wow you teach middle school? Seriously?
    Was this question seriously asked?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    killer joe - i never picked up on the 12 year old thing... there was that intimate scene where juno and, mostly, MM were fantasising about being 12 again. i assumed she was 18ish, possibly with some kind of very mild intellectual disability/brain injury which further complicates the consent stuf. i guess the ambiguity around her age has put off a lot of people, which is fine.

any rating issues would be the result of that chicken scene, surely. that was pretty nasty.

didn't mind the film overall. MM was perfect as a complete scumfvck.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Was this question seriously asked?
    Well I've always thought of teachers as reserved, well behave and serious, but you're obviously opposite to that.
    2014CurrentDraftChampion

2014AllTimeDraftRunner-Up

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I didnt think it was all that violent, its nothing compared to lame ass horror movies like hostel and the sort ... I also thought she wasnt really 12 but was just saying that because she was retarded but what do i know .... I stand by the fact that I have seen much much much worse in R movies. The chicken scene was awkward to say the least.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I didnt think it was all that violent, its nothing compared to lame ass horror movies like hostel and the sort ... I also thought she wasnt really 12 but was just saying that because she was retarded but what do i know .... I stand by the fact that I have seen much much much worse in R movies. The chicken scene was awkward to say the least.
    In context, I felt the last minute of the movie was worse than any graphic horror movie I've seen. Just crazy. The dialogue during it made it infinitely worse for me too.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    In context, I felt the last minute of the movie was worse than any graphic horror movie I've seen. Just crazy. The dialogue during it made it infinitely worse for me too.
    I just didnt get it I guess, I mean I really liked the movie I just thought the NC17 was BS, not that it matters at all.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by crater77 View Post
    I am not sure the age of the character, but at least the actress was in her early 20s (born 1989).
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1017334/?ref_=tt_cl_t3
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1726669/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1