Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I love it when gameface has the opportunity to just GO OFF like that... it's a nice salve for his otherwise broken-hearted, lukewarm, and intractable libertarian angst. Thank you jazzfanz, Hayward, and Mr. Castleton.
    ___#! Rudy Fan___
    [size/HUGE] RUDY [/size]

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    Black people are darker and more athletic because their ancestors lived in a sunnier and warmer climate. That way they had more time to run and play. Their skin is darker because it was an adaptation to spending a lot of time in the sun.

Did I get that right?
    The last sentence is correct. The others, not so much.
    http://lifetheuniverseandonebrow.blogspot.com/

Isaiah 1:18 -- Come now, and let us reason together

Any habitual action, such as eating or dressing, may be performed on the appropriate occasion, without any need of thought, and the same seems to be true of a painfully large proportion of our talk. -- Bertrand Russell

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by LifeOnaPlate View Post
    In case it hasn't been said already, there is no such thing as "reverse racism." Racism is racism no matter what race it is ism-ing toward.
    Since racism is a power imbalance based on punching down, there is no reverse racism, because that would be punching up.

Any habitual action, such as eating or dressing, may be performed on the appropriate occasion, without any need of thought, and the same seems to be true of a painfully large proportion of our talk. -- Bertrand Russell

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by One Brow View Post
    Since racism is a power imbalance based on punching down, there is no reverse racism, because that would be punching up.
    no its wrong because racism is racism. regardless of skin tone, economic or political power or any other ******** metric used to "measure" it.
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

I Got a feeling that tonight's gonna be a good night; that tonight's gonna be a good night;
    that tonight's gonna be a good good night; wooh hoo (x4) - For Cy

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by One Brow View Post
    I disagree. You can still have racism in an equal "power" situation.
    TREYBOT

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by JazzSpazz View Post
    I disagree. You can still have racism in an equal "power" situation.
    How so? I guess if you just don't like a diff race but have no power over them you would be racist, but it would be pointless racism since nothing is being gained.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by kennykyle View Post
    How so? I guess if you just don't like a diff race but have no power over them you would be racist, but it would be pointless racism since nothing is being gained.
    Never thought of it that way, but I guess I never really viewed racism as having a pre-requisite of power gained. I always considered it just a general dislike of another race. What about poor minorities? Can they not be racists against wealthy majorities?

Or did I totally miss the point?
    #dumptruckin

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    Never thought of it that way, but I guess I never really viewed racism as having a pre-requisite of power gained. I always considered it just a general dislike of another race. What about poor minorities? Can they not be racists against wealthy majorities?

They can be racist but does anyone give a ****? The only time racism is really a problem is when one race is holding another down. I dont care if an african american doesnt like me, but if he doesnt like me and is my boss then there is a problem.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    So you have to gain something for it to be true racism?

I disagree.

I Got a feeling that tonight's gonna be a good night; that tonight's gonna be a good night;

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

One Brow would like to speak with you.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    They can be racist but does anyone give a ****? The only time racism is really a problem is when one race is holding another down. I dont care if an african american doesnt like me, but if he doesnt like me and is my boss then there is a problem.
    Ok so let me get this straight.... so if an african american does not like you because you are white but he doesn't have more money, higher job status, or power over you then who cares?

So basically if an african american who is broke and has no job decides to burn your house down just because he doesn't like the fact that you are white then you would consider that to be ok?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    One Brow would like to speak with you.
    Why? Was what I said racist?
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Why? Was what I said racist?
    Well you can not truly understand racism since you are not black or hispanic. Therefore any insights you have are less than true insights. But yes, you are white and therefore racism is in your blood.

That seems fairly One Browish.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    The fact that anyone would even ask this question ticks me off. If you are on our team, then we don't care about your skin color, religion, or non-criminal off the court issues. When you play like crap you will be called out, and when you play well you will be praised. 'nuff said

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    Well you can not truly understand racism since you are not black or hispanic. Therefore any insights you have are less than true insights. But yes, you are white and therefore racism is in your blood.

That seems fairly One Browish.
    I know we've had a discussion where I explained why that is not like my posiiton at all. I supposed I am expecting too much for you to remember that.