Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Kanter's defense has been the biggest surprise for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by every forum dreg
    I think he can play SF

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by orangello View Post
    Zulu, every time I see the A to Zion commercial I think that guy is you with a buzz cut.
    That's hot!!!!
    http://blogimages.thescore.com/tbj/files/2011/06/alec-burks-suit.jpg

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    OG you like anime??

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    who´s Givony and why he hated on Kanter that much back then ?
    Quote Originally Posted by CAKAR View Post
    Al is soft ? he is just a nice guy. Sometimes he avoids contact, just to protect other players from his strength. He is a player, who cares for other players. Trust me dude, they say BIG-AL breaks the neck of a bull, just with his pure hands.
    Why they call him BIG-AL, think of it

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Givony on draftexpress hated the crap out of Kanter.

Nbadraft.net really loved kanter and gave him amazing grades.

Hmm Kanter was very much risky prospect. He had a huge bust factor. I think Givony just wanted to be bold and straight up say indirectly that he thinks Kanter is gonna be a bust rather then say what most other people said and say more of "I do not know."

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulu View Post
    OG you like anime??
    Some. I used to watch much more. Any specific one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Robotech is one of my favs. I am excited to see if the can pull it off in a live action movie. Toby McGuire is supposedly going to be in it.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    He did well enough in HS to have Coach Cal wanting him really really bad, thats good enough for me.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Xthren View Post
    Robotech is one of my favs. I am excited to see if the can pull it off in a live action movie. Toby McGuire is supposedly going to be in it.
    I'll have to check it out. I usually just watch the stuff my brothers tell me to. At first I was hesitant but I grew to love it quickly.
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by NUMBERICA View Post
    Kanter's defense has been the biggest surprise for me.
    Way back then, most everyone on this board was calling defense 'blocks.' I remember going round and round with too many people that blocks and steals are two of the most overrated statistics in basketball and far from an end-all indicator of elite defense. My saying his defense was suspect was in direct response to so many wanting shot-blockers. OhGee - You remember coming into the 2012 thread and asking if I was surprised to see a particular great block by Kanter in one game last year. I said I was ..

I never really doubted Kanter's overall defense, because I had seen his strength, motor, and willingness to use both .. but I also knew he wasn't going to be a 'defender' in the ilk most here thought they wanted/needed.
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    Way back then, most everyone on this board was calling defense 'blocks.' I remember going round and round with too many people that blocks and steals are two of the most overrated statistics in basketball and far from an end-all indicator of elite defense. My saying his defense was suspect was in direct response to so many wanting shot-blockers. OhGee - You remember coming into the 2012 thread and asking if I was surprised to see a particular great block by Kanter in one game last year. I said I was ..

I never really doubted Kanter's overall defense, because I had seen his strength, motor, and willingness to use both .. but I also knew he wasn't going to be a 'defender' in the ilk most here thought they wanted/needed.
    I do remember asking you that. I also agree that steals and blocks are not a direct indicator that someone is a defensive genius or not. Too many players want those highlight and they gamble and more often then not that gamble burns them.

Steals and blocks can indicate something but it doesn't necessarily mean that someone is a defensive stalwart.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I do remember asking you that. I also agree that steals and blocks are not a direct indicator that someone is a defensive genius or not. Too many players want those highlight and they gamble and more often then not that gamble burns them.

Steals and blocks can indicate something but it doesn't necessarily mean that someone is a defensive stalwart.
    I do hate to bring up Calipari too often, it's not a homer thing, as much as it is I just happen to know more about his style and philosophies than that of other coaches ..

Anyway, Calipari tells his teams every year, "I want you to end the season ranked #1 in your league in defense while being ranked dead last in steals."

I initially found that a very interesting concept/thought .. now it's just ingrained and instinctual.
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Ever watch Vandread???

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    The real surprise on the defensive end has been Hayward.

Anyway, nice bump. And, for the record, while I had my anxiety about the pick, I've been a consistent Kanter supporter.
    ___#! Rudy Fan___
    [size/HUGE] RUDY [/size]

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulu View Post
    Ever watch Vandread???
    It doesn't ring a bell. PM me a link of some sort. I finished Bleach a while ago and I have been looking for something new and good to replace it.