Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by GVC View Post
    Kanter's offensive game has been coming along nicely. Looking at the mysynergysports.com stats, there are a couple problems that stand out. Fortunately, both seem fixable.

1. Kanter turns the ball over at an alarming rate. Median team turnover rate is 13.4%. Kanter's stands at 21.6% (Favors: 13.2%; Millsap: 10.4%; Jefferson: 6.9%). Kanter is tops among the 4 bigs in postup points per possession at 0.84 (Millsap: 0.84; Favors: 0.83; Jefferson: 0.82; league average as of December 14th: 0.83), despite turning the ball over on 32.8% of his postups (shots, shooting fouls or turnovers).

2. Kanter converts offensive rebounds at a very poor rate. 21.2% of Kanter's scoring opportunities come off offensive rebounds (league average as of December 14th: 6.5%...although this is certainly much higher for bigs). On these opportunities, he puts up 0.85 points per possession. League average PPP on offensive rebounds is 1.10; league average PPP on all non-transition scoring opportunities (postups, Pick and rolls, cuts, spotups, etc.) is 0.92 (both league average numbers as of December 14th).

Dude needs to pass when shots aren't there. On offensive rebounds, if you can get a shot right away, take it. If not, reset the offense. In postups, protect the ball, and pass it out when stuck in traffic. Seems easy enough.
    Good work. Thanks for posting this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Rep Level
    In our young men's basketball team we have this 6"6' boy who is very Un-athletic... I tell him to run to either side of the paint and our pg will throw the ball to you... I then tell him don't bring the ball down once you have it, keep it up and aim for the red outlined square on the backboard.. He probably makes 33% of his shots but never turns it over cuz he never brings the ball down...

I'm sure if this 17 year old boy can master this concept Kanter will figure it out soon enough!!!
    http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/o604/sainsbu/ProfessionalTank_zps6f4cddad.png

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulu View Post
    In our young men's basketball team we have this 6"6' boy who is very Un-athletic... I tell him to run to either side of the paint and our pg will throw the ball to you... I then tell him don't bring the ball down once you have it, keep it up and aim for the red outlined square on the backboard.. He probably makes 33% of his shots but never turns it over cuz he never brings the ball down...

I'm sure if this 17 year old boy can master this concept Kanter will figure it out soon enough!!!
    Yes he can!
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Rep Level
    Kanter's offensive game has been coming along nicely. Looking at the mysynergysports.com stats, there are a couple problems that stand out. Fortunately, both seem fixable.

1. Kanter turns the ball over at an alarming rate. Median team turnover rate is 13.4%. Kanter's stands at 21.6% (Favors: 13.2%; Millsap: 10.4%; Jefferson: 6.9%). Kanter is tops among the 4 bigs in postup points per possession at 0.84 (Millsap: 0.84; Favors: 0.83; Jefferson: 0.82; league average as of December 14th: 0.83), despite turning the ball over on 32.8% of his postups (shots, shooting fouls or turnovers).

2. Kanter converts offensive rebounds at a very poor rate. 21.2% of Kanter's scoring opportunities come off offensive rebounds (league average as of December 14th: 6.5%...although this is certainly much higher for bigs). On these opportunities, he puts up 0.85 points per possession. League average PPP on offensive rebounds is 1.10; league average PPP on all non-transition scoring opportunities (postups, Pick and rolls, cuts, spotups, etc.) is 0.92 (both league average numbers as of December 14th).

Dude needs to pass when shots aren't there. On offensive rebounds, if you can get a shot right away, take it. If not, reset the offense. In postups, protect the ball, and pass it out when stuck in traffic. Seems easy enough.
    Since we can't actually reset the offense on this team, a better option for him might be to close his eyes and throw it over his head in the vague direction of the basket. Otherwise, excellent points.

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Rep Level

This is a team wide problem. Jazz are as bad tipping in as they are shooting jumpers. Howeva, Kanter sometimes is great at missing the first, getting a rebound, and making the second.

I've called for them to kick it back out before but since then they've decided offensive rebounds underneath aren't necessary. One pump chumps.
    No Mediocrity

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Rep Level
    No Mediocrity

Rep Level

Most of Kanter's TO probably come on offensive fouls. He is setting a lot of moving screens and fouling on his post ups.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrone Torbin View Post
    Most of Kanter's TO probably come on offensive fouls. He is setting a lot of moving screens and fouling on his post ups.
    No idea if this is true, but sounds pretty accurate.
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

The confusion...

---
    Pre-season mock (7/13/13) - page 111

I'm jus' one dem guys...come, scrap, blue collar, junkyard dog
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    No idea if this is true, but sounds pretty accurate.
    It's not true.
    http://jazzfanz.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=133&dateline=1317382587

Rep Level
    It's not true.
    lol, shoulda known..
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

The confusion...

---
    Pre-season mock (7/13/13) - page 111

Rep Level
    Kanter had a great half tonight. Still foul prone but his ability to run the court was pretty awesome.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by mhindy View Post
    Kanter had a great half tonight. Still foul prone but his ability to run the court was pretty awesome.
    I liked his unselfish pass to hayward, as he was able to score again...
    Why they call him Big Al ? think of it...
    -----------------------------------------------------------

"In practice Iím going against a big great player like Al," Kanter said. "So, whenever Iím on the court with other big men itís much easier."

No Kanter ,but more AL

Rep Level
    Kanter's line tonight: 23pts, 22rebs (17 defensive), 1 blk.

On defense (together with Favors), limiting Biyombo & Mullens to a combined 13 pts and 8rebs.

/thread
    KkKkkKKkkkKkKkkKKKkkkKkkkKkk

#LoveYourNeighbourHOOD

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by NUMBERICA View Post
    This is what I keep coming back to. If KOC really is amazing at knowing who everyone else is drafting on draft night, he should know where Biyombo will go and trade with that team or swoop in beforehand (#7, Omri Casspi, future 1st [probably protected to some degree] or Whitesides).

There is no player I have anywhere near 100% confidence in. Biyombo probably comes in second after Irving for me and even he has plenty of ?s.
    Ouch.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by orangello View Post
    Ouch.
    Crazy how a player can get hyped up and cause GMs that should know better to make a bad decision.

I still remember when Biyombo had that individual workout.

Someone said Biyombo "just went 1 on 1 against air and lost"

Lmao.