Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tabor Heights
    Posts
    12,581
    Rep Power
    0

    Boardwalk Empires

    Forgive me in advance for not wanting to scroll through page after page to find our original thread about the show. If a mod can find it, and merge it, I'd be appreciate it. If not, no biggie.

    I liked the show last year a lot. The sets and costume design felt authentic, The acting was top notch, the storylines were being set up. But I love this year. The tension runs deeper. And I'm rewatching one of the more recent episodes. The scene in which Richard Harrow, the Man with the Mask, tells Angela about his love for his sister and how it's gone, was heartbreaking. And like all of his scenes, mesmerizing. I love this character and can't keep my eyes off him when he's on the screen. Am I alone here? He better remain on the show for a while as I find him un****ingbelievably great. I also love a few of the other characters whose names escape me (the guy with the funny laugh, the Jewish guy, the dude who was banging Jimmy's mom) and the integration of William Forsythe this week intrigues me. Just all around unique characters.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tabor Heights
    Posts
    12,581
    Rep Power
    0
    *Empire

    I'm a twit.

  3. #3
    CRIMINAL Lawyer Sirkickyass's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Silicon Valley
    Posts
    5,057
    Rep Power
    30
    I decided I didnt' care about this show and stopped watching it.

    It's about 10 minutes longer than Breaking Bad in real time, and feels about two hours longer in the watching.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tabor Heights
    Posts
    12,581
    Rep Power
    0
    Has anyone been watching this? Bobby Cannavale? Holy ****...if he's not up for an Emmy or Golden Globe or whatever...he is the best character in the history of television for me...unfreakin' real.

  5. #5
    Premium Member YB85's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,899
    Rep Power
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    Has anyone been watching this? Bobby Cannavale? Holy ****...if he's not up for an Emmy or Golden Globe or whatever...he is the best character in the history of television for me...unfreakin' real.
    This is a series I like to watch at once. I started watching this season a couple days ago and I am already intrigued with the character. When I watch a few more episodes, I'll give a better opinion.
    Rooting for The Tank is not rooting against the team; It's rooting for the franchise

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tabor Heights
    Posts
    12,581
    Rep Power
    0
    Oh, please do.

  7. #7
    Moderator Stoked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Southern Utah
    Posts
    18,738
    Rep Power
    78
    Like Revo I tried to watch this when it first came out. It just didn't do it for me.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tabor Heights
    Posts
    12,581
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    Like Revo I tried to watch this when it first came out. It just didn't do it for me.
    You mean Kicky?

    I like it's slow pacing...and season three has gotten much bloodier.

  9.  

     

  10. #9
    Premium Member YB85's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,899
    Rep Power
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    Like Revo I tried to watch this when it first came out. It just didn't do it for me.
    This is why I like having most of the season recorded before I start watching it. If I had to wait a week, I would probably lose interest in it but by knocking out 2-3 a night, I get into it.
    Rooting for The Tank is not rooting against the team; It's rooting for the franchise

  11. #10
    Premium Member YB85's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,899
    Rep Power
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    Has anyone been watching this? Bobby Cannavale? Holy ****...if he's not up for an Emmy or Golden Globe or whatever...he is the best character in the history of television for me...unfreakin' real.
    I give it a couple of weeks before "Wes Mantooth" is deactivated and "Gyp Rosetti" is posting.
    Rooting for The Tank is not rooting against the team; It's rooting for the franchise

  12. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tabor Heights
    Posts
    12,581
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by YB85 View Post
    I give it a couple of weeks before "Wes Mantooth" is deactivated and "Gyp Rosetti" is posting.
    ****, I would if I could but Jason would probably perma-ban me just for requesting it.

    BTW, if you've not seen Win Win (a solid movie), he's great in it.

  13. #12
    Moderator Stoked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Southern Utah
    Posts
    18,738
    Rep Power
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    You mean Kicky?

    I like it's slow pacing...and season three has gotten much bloodier.
    Yes, my bad.

  14. #13
    Senior Member candrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,567
    Rep Power
    32
    Sorry - Gyp Rosetti is a cartoon character. Zero depth or nuance. All he does is crazy **** and it's already getting old.

    So far in 12 episodes:

    -Beat a good samaritan to death because he didn't know how to fix a flat.
    -Set the Tabor Heights Sheriff on fire. Beat his replacement within an inch of his life.
    -Used his girlfriend as a human shield when Benny Siegal tried to kill him (OK, that was just a prudent move - I'll give you that)
    -Beat up a priest and stole from the church
    -Bured his right hand man's cousin up to his neck and then beat him to death with a shovel. Then turns to his right hand man and says "you owe me"

    It's been a fun violent ride; but his character has no where to go but in the ground. I say there is an 80% chance he dies in the Season Finale.

  15. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tabor Heights
    Posts
    12,581
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by candrew View Post
    Sorry - Gyp Rosetti is a cartoon character. Zero depth or nuance. All he does is crazy **** and it's already getting old.

    So far in 12 episodes:

    -Beat a good samaritan to death because he didn't know how to fix a flat.
    -Set the Tabor Heights Sheriff on fire. Beat his replacement within an inch of his life.
    -Used his girlfriend as a human shield when Benny Siegal tried to kill him (OK, that was just a prudent move - I'll give you that)
    -Beat up a priest and stole from the church
    -Bured his right hand man's cousin up to his neck and then beat him to death with a shovel. Then turns to his right hand man and says "you owe me"

    It's been a fun violent ride; but his character has no where to go but in the ground. I say there is an 80% chance he dies in the Season Finale.
    Please delete this so people like YB who've yet to see the entire season don't it have spoiled for them. Also, so I don't ****ing kill you. That said, I think your idea of gangsters is romanticized by movies like The Godfather. Many were ruthless sociopaths who let nothing get in their way. That's Gyp.

    Also, those people he ****ed up all had it coming to them.

    P.S.--You're absolutely ****ing high if you don't think his character has any depth or nuance. His insecurities and paranoia shine through brilliantly. And every scene he's in he steals. He's perhaps the entire reason to watch season three.

  16. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    8,313
    Rep Power
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirkickyass View Post
    I decided I didnt' care about this show and stopped watching it.

    It's about 10 minutes longer than Breaking Bad in real time, and feels about two hours longer in the watching.
    it was all being setup. now it has become tense and interesting
    01-21-2013
    I, HeavenHarris, hereby pledge to my fellow JFC'rs that I will no longer give out neg-reps. All it does is cause negative things, like fights, drama, bitching, ill will, bad feelings, etc.
    Love, not hate, is the answer bros and moes.

    LOL Lol breaks his pledge 5 days later hahahaha

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •