Page 435 of 620 FirstFirst ... 335385425433434435436437445485535 ... LastLast
Results 6,511 to 6,525 of 9292
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    Also keep an eye on Will Barton .. he could slide to us and be a REAL steal.
    Looks like dime-a-dozen talented chucker garbage from what little I can see. But he does have talent.
    Quote Originally Posted by every forum dreg
    I think he can play SF

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Verlin View Post
    I think it's weird how much everyone loves Marshall. Just because he is one of the only pg prospects in this draft, does not mean we should give up thr farm for him. I mean jesus, he is at best a top 15-20 pg in the league when all is said and done. Our pg woes were never going to get fixed in this draft. Burks and the gs pick for Marshall would be a lotto team type of move.

Don't forget his weaknesses fellas.....he has MANY of them and the weaknesses he has can not be overcome.
    This. I've come around to thinking Marshall can make a team better but I wouldn't give up the farm for him. I wouldn't even give up Burks. I don't understand people wanting to trade Burks already. But I digress. And I agree with V.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by BENTLEY View Post
    This. I've come around to thinking Marshall can make a team better but I wouldn't give up the farm for him. I wouldn't even give up Burks. I don't understand people wanting to trade Burks already. But I digress. And I agree with V.
    I think Marshall's passing and floor vision is simply transcendent, but I still agree with all of this. Trading Burks and the GSW pick to get him is lunacy.
    I think he can play SF

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by NUMBERICA View Post
    Looks like dime-a-dozen talented chucker garbage from what little I can see. But he does have talent.
    He did shoot 50% from the floor with 8 rebounds while averaging 2.9 assist. I don't know if "chucker" is a proper fit, but I only saw him about twice this year.

And his stats showed he improved a ton from his freshman to sophomore year which is a great sign.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by BENTLEY View Post
    Yes and yes. I like him but only if it makes sense. giving up one of the core four only makes sense for proven talent, anything else shouldn't even be considered.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrone Torbin View Post
    He did shoot 50% from the floor with 8 rebounds while averaging 2.9 assist. I don't know if "chucker" is a proper fit, but I only saw him about twice this year.

And his stats showed he improved a ton from his freshman to sophomore year which is a great sign.
    Good points.
    I think he can play SF

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Verlin View Post
    With the second rounder I want the jazz to target Hollis thompson. I think his perimeter shot is what we need off the bench.
    We should go after a pg in the second if we don't trade into the first for one. I think pg in the second is bigger bang for our buck. Watching Parker destroy both Harris and Tinsley, pg might be our biggest need.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Thee jazz fan View Post
    We should go after a pg in the second if we don't trade into the first for one. I think pg in the second is bigger bang for our buck. Watching Parker destroy both Harris and Tinsley, pg might be our biggest need.
    PKM, who are the top second round pg prospects? If the jazz take a pg in round #2 who would you want to see the jazz get?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by NUMBERICA View Post
    Good points.
    My main concern with him is that he is rail thin.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Thee jazz fan View Post
    In the second round you really need to look for a niche player that fills a need which is why I want one of the best shooters in the NCAA. Trying to find a guy to play against Parker in the second round will bring nothing but heartbreak for you.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    There aren't any great pgs in the first round...let alone in the second.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Personally, I’m higher on Marshall than most. I too believe that his “floor-general” skills (passing, vision, ballhandling, ability to lead the break) are superior and only appear in a few PG prospects every decade. What he lacks in scoring ability, he makes up for in other areas. However, don’t forget that he in the last month of the season (when he REALLY won me over), he really came on offensively. I would argue that he was the best player in America during that stretch outside of Anthony Davis.

Ultimately, I’m skeptical about making an aggressive move to draft him. I predict that he’ll test out as a better athlete than expected at the draft combine, and will ultimately be a top 5/top 6 pick. Those picks don’t come cheap. I would hate to part with any of Hayward, Burks (I believe that’s our starting 2/3 in the near future), Favors (ha!) or Kanter. It’s also a serious risk to part with either Al or Paul at this juncture – this team is looking to compete right now, and giving up either is banking on Enes becoming a major contributor next season. The only one of those six I would be comfortable losing via trade is Burks, but I question how much other teams would value him. Plus, if you trade Alec, you then have a gaping hole at the 2/3 spot.

On the other hand, I would love to have Kendall going forward. He’s the type of player you could build a PG-friendly system around, a style of basketball which has been our bread and butter for going on 30 years now. He will never crack the echelon of Paul, Williams, Rose (pre-injury), Westbrook, and co., but I could see him being a top-10 PG for the next decade and consistently hovering around the top 2-3 assist leaders in the league (9-11 APG, 13-15ppg). That is absolutely worth a top-5 pick in damn near any draft.

It’s definitely an option for our PG hunt. One of our more intriguing ones. I’d still prefer to see Nash in a Jazz uni for the next 2 (preferably) to 3 seasons at around $9/$10m per, and letting our long-term PG solution unfold a little more naturally than a roster-shaking trade. But we’ll see. If Kendall is the guy, Utah Jazz summer league basketball will be must-see TV come July.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I think Marshall could be the same player Kidd was post-30.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    My main concern with him is that he is rail thin.
    Truth. On the other hand, he wasn't really coached up and I think he's very far from his ceiling.
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I think Marshall could be the same player Kidd was post-30.
    Close, maybe ... just not as fast.
    #dumptruckin