Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Demarre is one of the most consistent players on the team right now.
    Moar

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Wait so george is bluesRocker and hack is Dalamon...

Wezzur just blew my mind!!!
    http://blogimages.thescore.com/tbj/files/2011/06/alec-burks-suit.jpg

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Certainly should be getting more minutes. No one has earned them more than Carroll.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Demarre has played himself into some good money the last couple of weeks if he can keep it up.

I don't know who he reminds me of, but he's a nice player in that he picks his spots and never seems to shoot himself into a slump. That plus the good D and lots of hustle is fun to watch.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Makes me laugh. Last year when everyone was dissing him, saying he was a D-Leaguer, I was touting him and saying he had potential. It was the same with Matthews. What I saw that others seemed to be missing was that fire they have which allows them to play beyond their abilities.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Carroll is a nice hustle guy, but we've gone overboard with our love for him. Perhaps because the rest of the team is filled with so many just going through the motions. Demarre will be a starter on a bad team or a backup on a decent one. He wants a big pay day...and he'll probably get one. But he's just not skilled enough to be a 30-min/per starter. Jazz need to put their money elsewhere. Right now, I don't see one player on this %^$#@!&* of a team that I would deem untouchable. If I were KOC, I'd listen to offers that require giving up some of the youngsters in package deals. Look at what GS did, or the LA Clippers?
    Lose One More For OKAFOR!

No More Frowns If We Get TOWNS!

Shout Hooray for MUDIAY!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    They already traded away a whole team, so I guess you want to do it all over again? Glad you aren't the GM. And tell me how we're going overboard. He's totally outplaying Marvin, yet Marvin gets the minutes. Heck, at points we take him out and the other team goes on a run. B.S. that we're going overboard.

I'm jus' one dem guys...come, scrap, blue collar, junkyard dog
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by MoTown16 View Post
    But he's just not skilled enough to be a 30-min/per starter. Jazz need to put their money elsewhere.
    Does he have to be a 30 minute player to be valuable? How much money do you think he's getting in free agency? I'd be willing to sign him at Jared Dudley money ($4.25mm per year), but think it's likely he signs for less. Every team can use a Demarre Carroll.
    http://jazzfanz.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=133&dateline=1317382587

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I'd be happy with Carroll on a 9m/3yr deal like Raja had, and play him 20-25 minutes a game off the bench. Really good in bursts even if like you said he probably doesn't quite have the skill level of a true starter.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I find it funny when the "youth core" has a bad game, and people claim it's cause they're unmotivated because of incosistant minutes. Please. If Demarre can go out there, and play hard regardless of being a starter, getting DNP'S, getting garbge minutes, or whatever, there's no reason why being unmotivated is an excuse to not give it your all. That's why Demarre's my fav player on the team, even over Burks, Kanter, Favors and Hayward. No matter what Corbin does, he always gives 100% effort. No sense of entitlement and no complaning. There's only a handful of players in the leauge with that attitude ( Millsap used to be one of them)

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Purch View Post
    I find it funny when the "youth core" has a bad game, and people claim it's cause they're unmotivated because of incosistant minutes. Please. If Demarre can go out there, and play hard regardless of being a starter, getting DNP'S, getting garbge minutes, or whatever, there's no reason why being unmotivated is an excuse to not give it your all. That's why Demarre's my fav player on the team, even over Burks, Kanter, Favors and Hayward. No matter what Corbin does, he always gives 100% effort. No sense of entitlement and no complaning. There's only a handful of players in the leauge with that attitude ( Millsap used to be one of them)
    DeMarre is also four years older than the next oldest young guy. I also don't think I see the other four feeling entitled or complaining. In fact, DeMarre has done more complaining than any of the other four.

I still love the crap out of DeMarre though. I just don't think he's particularly more special when it comes to attitude.
    http://jazzfanz.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1889&dateline=1332058703

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Xsy View Post
    DeMarre is also four years older than the next oldest young guy. I also don't think I see the other four feeling entitled or complaining. In fact, DeMarre has done more complaining than any of the other four.

I still love the crap out of DeMarre though. I just don't think he's particularly more special when it comes to attitude.
    I've only heard one instance of Demarre complaning. Though if you know more than Id gladly take back my statement. I have seen games where I feel the bench as a whole didn't play with maxium effort. But more than anything in my post, I was referring to the idea that everytime one of the 4, has a bad game it's because of frustration with playing time, which is something I've heard expressed in many gamethreads. If there's any truth to that sentiment than it's doing a disservice to a guy like Carroll, who plays hard regardless of what minutes Corbin decides to give him.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Purch View Post
    When do you see kanter, favors, burks, or hayward not giving effort?..... when have you heard of any of those 4 complain?

Premium Member
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Bump

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Man, this dude needs a 4 year contract like it's nobody's business.