Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

And Jesus Said Unto Them, "And Whom Do You Say That I Am?"

I have no idea where this came from, but I saw it on numerous places on teh interwebs and thought it was hilarious, had to post it:

And Jesus said unto them, "And whom do you say that I am?"
    They replied, "You are the eschatological manifestation of the ground of our being, the ontological foundation of the context of our very selfhood revealed."
    And Jesus replied, "What?"

Proving conclusively that a lot of theologians are useless and have no concept of actual life.
    "Yeah, I got a way to defend it. Bring a bat to the game and kill one of them."
    -Nick Van Exel, on defending the Stockton-Malone Pick & Roll

I'm going to have to agree with Jesus.

This goes right with Jesus in the Qur'an, he was a prophet. Nothing less or nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Swordsman View Post
    This goes right with Jesus in the Qur'an, he was a prophet. Nothing less or nothing more.
    You are aware that you're doing more to hurt your religion than help it right? You don't win converts by attacking another faith.
    http://jazzfanz.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1403&dateline=1390407143

Quote Originally Posted by The Thriller View Post
    I like what the thunder are doing. If the Jazz blow monkey chunks tomorrow and draft Hayward with the #9 I won't be too disappointed since I can easily shift my loyalties to a franchise that cares about winning the big one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate505 View Post
    Good god, Hantlers couldn't have said it any better. What is happening to my world.

Quote Originally Posted by Hantlers View Post
    You are aware that you're doing more to hurt your religion than help it right? You don't win converts by attacking another faith.
    Sigh.

Maybe he'll get it one day. I have only been telling him this, pretty much from his first post on this board. I feel like he feels the need to justify his conversion, by putting down any alternative faith- when really, theres no need in doing so. Choose a faith that suits you best, or that helps you become the best person that you can possibly be, and respect the decisions of others.

Who am I to not respect an entire religion, if it has turned out so much caring, virtuous, well-meaning people (like many that I encounter on this board)? The reason that I am a Muslim is because I feel like it is the faith that best suits me to becoming the best person that I can possibly be. If someone feels that Mormonism does a better job at this, then wonderful To each his own. It shocks me that people feel the need to put down something that isn't in agreeance with them.

Quote Originally Posted by UGLI baby View Post
    You need to watch as much of Giannis as you can. He's the next big thing, right now I'd srsly consider taking him over Wuggins and Jabari.
    Quote Originally Posted by fishonjazz View Post
    Good lord i dont know if its ds ambien or you are a demon spawned from chris angel

*confirmed*

this post is brought to you by Dairy Queen-- home of the Dilly Bar

Quote Originally Posted by dalamon View Post
    Sigh.

Maybe he'll get it one day. I have only been telling him this, pretty much from his first post on this board. I feel like he feels the need to justify his conversion, by putting down any alternative faith- when really, theres no need in doing so. Choose a faith that suits you best, or that helps you become the best person that you can possibly be, and respect the decisions of others.

Who am I to not respect an entire religion, if it has turned out so much caring, virtuous, well-meaning people (like many that I encounter on this board)? The reason that I am a Muslim is because I feel like it is the faith that best suits me to becoming the best person that I can possibly be. If someone feels that Mormonism does a better job at this, then wonderful To each his own. It shocks me that people feel the need to put down something that isn't in agreeance with them.
    I agree with what you're saying here...I mean, I'll be honest, I don't agree with your religion. However I don't have any right to insult your religion. I will gladly explain what I believe in and why I believe in it, but there's no reason for me to judge you for what you believe in, because in the end, according to my beliefs I am not the final Judge. I just want you to know I appreciate you and your posts Dalamon...you're a good guy.
    http://jazzfanz.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1403&dateline=1390407143

Quote Originally Posted by The Thriller View Post
    I like what the thunder are doing. If the Jazz blow monkey chunks tomorrow and draft Hayward with the #9 I won't be too disappointed since I can easily shift my loyalties to a franchise that cares about winning the big one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate505 View Post
    Good god, Hantlers couldn't have said it any better. What is happening to my world.

For me personally if your religion is helping you be a better person and teaching you noble ideals then you are doing it right. If it teaches you to hate, despise or think less of others you are doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by dalamon View Post
    Who am I to not respect an entire religion, if it has turned out so much caring, virtuous, well-meaning people (like many that I encounter on this board)
    Are you reading the same board as the rest of us? ;-)
    The word you are looking for is very probably "complement", not "compliment". As in "Favors and Kanter will likely complement each other nicely". Although... depending on how impressive a given play is, they may compliment each other nicely as well.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Swordsman View Post
    The same book that has parents killing their teenage daughters, hanging and stoning homosexuals and Christians and flying planes into buildings?

Cool story bro.
    GVC'S thoughts on the Jazz drafting Hayward......

Quote Originally Posted by GVC View Post
    Why not just buy a late 1st and draft Luke Babbitt? Better Body, better basketball skills, better athleticism...

Quote Originally Posted by Beantown View Post
    The same book that has parents killing their teenage daughters, hanging and stoning homosexuals and Christians and flying planes into buildings?

Cool story bro.
    The book does not having people doing that. Dumbass murderers have people doing that

Quote Originally Posted by Beantown View Post

Cool story bro.

Quote Originally Posted by UGLI baby View Post
    You need to watch as much of Giannis as you can. He's the next big thing, right now I'd srsly consider taking him over Wuggins and Jabari.
    Quote Originally Posted by fishonjazz View Post
    Good lord i dont know if its ds ambien or you are a demon spawned from chris angel

*confirmed*

this post is brought to you by Dairy Queen-- home of the Dilly Bar

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AtheistPreacher View Post
    I have no idea where this came from, but I saw it on numerous places on teh interwebs and thought it was hilarious, had to post it:

And Jesus said unto them, "And whom do you say that I am?"
    They replied, "You are the eschatological manifestation of the ground of our being, the ontological foundation of the context of our very selfhood revealed."
    And Jesus replied, "What?"

Proving conclusively that a lot of theologians are useless and have no concept of actual life.
    You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

I owe you.

i met jesus once at the wallmart, he stood there looking for work. surrounded by other mexicans
    01-21-2013
    I, HeavenHarris, hereby pledge to my fellow JFC'rs that I will no longer give out neg-reps. All it does is cause negative things, like fights, drama, bitching, ill will, bad feelings, etc.
    Love, not hate, is the answer bros and moes.

LOL Lol breaks his pledge 5 days later hahahaha

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DutchJazzer View Post
    i met jesus once at the wallmart, he stood there looking for work. surrounded by other mexicans
    So you're saying Jesus was a Mexican?

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    So you're saying Jesus was a Mexican?
    Not all the ones I met on my mission. They were Hondurans. I met a **** load of Mary's and Jose's as well (often times married to each other).