Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 95

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member AtheistPreacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Claremont, CA
    Posts
    704
    Rep Power
    19

    And Jesus Said Unto Them, "And Whom Do You Say That I Am?"

    I have no idea where this came from, but I saw it on numerous places on teh interwebs and thought it was hilarious, had to post it:

    And Jesus said unto them, "And whom do you say that I am?"
    They replied, "You are the eschatological manifestation of the ground of our being, the ontological foundation of the context of our very selfhood revealed."
    And Jesus replied, "What?"


    Proving conclusively that a lot of theologians are useless and have no concept of actual life.
    "Yeah, I got a way to defend it. Bring a bat to the game and kill one of them."
    -Nick Van Exel, on defending the Stockton-Malone Pick & Roll

  2.  

     

  3. #2
    His Premiumness Siro's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    3,501
    Rep Power
    36
    I'm going to have to agree with Jesus.

  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    1,337
    Rep Power
    0
    This goes right with Jesus in the Qur'an, he was a prophet. Nothing less or nothing more.

  5. #4
    Senior Member Hantlers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4,504
    Rep Power
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Swordsman View Post
    This goes right with Jesus in the Qur'an, he was a prophet. Nothing less or nothing more.
    You are aware that you're doing more to hurt your religion than help it right? You don't win converts by attacking another faith.
    http://jazzfanz.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1403&dateline=1390407143

    Quote Originally Posted by The Thriller View Post
    I like what the thunder are doing. If the Jazz blow monkey chunks tomorrow and draft Hayward with the #9 I won't be too disappointed since I can easily shift my loyalties to a franchise that cares about winning the big one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate505 View Post
    Good god, Hantlers couldn't have said it any better. What is happening to my world.

  6. #5
    Senior Member dalamon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    #TheReturn
    Posts
    10,769
    Rep Power
    90
    Quote Originally Posted by Hantlers View Post
    You are aware that you're doing more to hurt your religion than help it right? You don't win converts by attacking another faith.
    Sigh.



    Maybe he'll get it one day. I have only been telling him this, pretty much from his first post on this board. I feel like he feels the need to justify his conversion, by putting down any alternative faith- when really, theres no need in doing so. Choose a faith that suits you best, or that helps you become the best person that you can possibly be, and respect the decisions of others.

    Who am I to not respect an entire religion, if it has turned out so much caring, virtuous, well-meaning people (like many that I encounter on this board)? The reason that I am a Muslim is because I feel like it is the faith that best suits me to becoming the best person that I can possibly be. If someone feels that Mormonism does a better job at this, then wonderful To each his own. It shocks me that people feel the need to put down something that isn't in agreeance with them.

    Quote Originally Posted by UGLI baby View Post
    You need to watch as much of Giannis as you can. He's the next big thing, right now I'd srsly consider taking him over Wuggins and Jabari.
    Quote Originally Posted by fishonjazz View Post
    Good lord i dont know if its ds ambien or you are a demon spawned from chris angel


    *confirmed*

    this post is brought to you by Dairy Queen-- home of the Dilly Bar

  7. #6
    Senior Member Hantlers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4,504
    Rep Power
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by dalamon View Post
    Sigh.



    Maybe he'll get it one day. I have only been telling him this, pretty much from his first post on this board. I feel like he feels the need to justify his conversion, by putting down any alternative faith- when really, theres no need in doing so. Choose a faith that suits you best, or that helps you become the best person that you can possibly be, and respect the decisions of others.

    Who am I to not respect an entire religion, if it has turned out so much caring, virtuous, well-meaning people (like many that I encounter on this board)? The reason that I am a Muslim is because I feel like it is the faith that best suits me to becoming the best person that I can possibly be. If someone feels that Mormonism does a better job at this, then wonderful To each his own. It shocks me that people feel the need to put down something that isn't in agreeance with them.
    I agree with what you're saying here...I mean, I'll be honest, I don't agree with your religion. However I don't have any right to insult your religion. I will gladly explain what I believe in and why I believe in it, but there's no reason for me to judge you for what you believe in, because in the end, according to my beliefs I am not the final Judge. I just want you to know I appreciate you and your posts Dalamon...you're a good guy.
    http://jazzfanz.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1403&dateline=1390407143

    Quote Originally Posted by The Thriller View Post
    I like what the thunder are doing. If the Jazz blow monkey chunks tomorrow and draft Hayward with the #9 I won't be too disappointed since I can easily shift my loyalties to a franchise that cares about winning the big one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate505 View Post
    Good god, Hantlers couldn't have said it any better. What is happening to my world.

  8. #7
    Moderator Stoked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Southern Utah
    Posts
    18,779
    Rep Power
    79
    For me personally if your religion is helping you be a better person and teaching you noble ideals then you are doing it right. If it teaches you to hate, despise or think less of others you are doing it wrong.

  9. #8
    Admininstrator colton's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    5,805
    Rep Power
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by dalamon View Post
    Who am I to not respect an entire religion, if it has turned out so much caring, virtuous, well-meaning people (like many that I encounter on this board)
    Are you reading the same board as the rest of us? ;-)
    The word you are looking for is very probably "complement", not "compliment". As in "Favors and Kanter will likely complement each other nicely". Although... depending on how impressive a given play is, they may compliment each other nicely as well.

  10. #9
    Senior Member Beantown's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Look outside your window
    Posts
    6,513
    Rep Power
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Swordsman View Post
    This goes right with Jesus in the Qur'an, he was a prophet. Nothing less or nothing more.
    The same book that has parents killing their teenage daughters, hanging and stoning homosexuals and Christians and flying planes into buildings?

    Cool story bro.
    GVC'S thoughts on the Jazz drafting Hayward......

    Quote Originally Posted by GVC View Post
    Why not just buy a late 1st and draft Luke Babbitt? Better Body, better basketball skills, better athleticism...

  11. #10
    Moderator Stoked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Southern Utah
    Posts
    18,779
    Rep Power
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by Beantown View Post
    The same book that has parents killing their teenage daughters, hanging and stoning homosexuals and Christians and flying planes into buildings?

    Cool story bro.
    The book does not having people doing that. Dumbass murderers have people doing that

  12. #11
    Senior Member dalamon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    #TheReturn
    Posts
    10,769
    Rep Power
    90
    Quote Originally Posted by Beantown View Post
    The same book that has parents killing their teenage daughters, hanging and stoning homosexuals and Christians and flying planes into buildings?

    Cool story bro.

    Quote Originally Posted by UGLI baby View Post
    You need to watch as much of Giannis as you can. He's the next big thing, right now I'd srsly consider taking him over Wuggins and Jabari.
    Quote Originally Posted by fishonjazz View Post
    Good lord i dont know if its ds ambien or you are a demon spawned from chris angel


    *confirmed*

    this post is brought to you by Dairy Queen-- home of the Dilly Bar

  13. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tabor Heights
    Posts
    12,581
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by AtheistPreacher View Post
    I have no idea where this came from, but I saw it on numerous places on teh interwebs and thought it was hilarious, had to post it:

    And Jesus said unto them, "And whom do you say that I am?"
    They replied, "You are the eschatological manifestation of the ground of our being, the ontological foundation of the context of our very selfhood revealed."
    And Jesus replied, "What?"


    Proving conclusively that a lot of theologians are useless and have no concept of actual life.
    You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

    I owe you.

  14. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    8,342
    Rep Power
    27
    i met jesus once at the wallmart, he stood there looking for work. surrounded by other mexicans
    01-21-2013
    I, HeavenHarris, hereby pledge to my fellow JFC'rs that I will no longer give out neg-reps. All it does is cause negative things, like fights, drama, bitching, ill will, bad feelings, etc.
    Love, not hate, is the answer bros and moes.

    LOL Lol breaks his pledge 5 days later hahahaha

  15. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tabor Heights
    Posts
    12,581
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DutchJazzer View Post
    i met jesus once at the wallmart, he stood there looking for work. surrounded by other mexicans
    So you're saying Jesus was a Mexican?

  16. #15
    Free at last!!! bigb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Fathering Kanter's children
    Posts
    5,596
    Rep Power
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    So you're saying Jesus was a Mexican?
    Not all the ones I met on my mission. They were Hondurans. I met a **** load of Mary's and Jose's as well (often times married to each other).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •