Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameface View Post
    The 3 point shot can open up the floor and make it easier to get the high percentage dunks and layups without getting stuffed.
    ...yes and no. Yes, if you make half of them. No, if you launch 15-20 of them and only make 3! By then, decent teams who concentrate on higher percentage shots, should be ahead by 20 points!

Quote Originally Posted by Gameface View Post
    I have two different opinions about that rule.
    First, when it's called against the other team I like it because the Jazz get to shoot a free throw.
    Second, when it's called against the Jazz it's dumb and the refs are just hating on the Jazz, as usual.
    ....are we talking about the 3 second lane violation? You don't get free throws for that. It's a turnover and you get possession of the ball, right? The 3 second lane violation was instituted when Wilt Chamberlin came into the league! He was so much bigger and more athletic than the other big guys he could just gain a possition in the low post, park there, and score almost at will. Just think of what Shaq would have done without the 3 second lane violation? Or even Karl Malone! Or Moses Malone? They would have scored 50-75 points a game or foul out 5 or more guys who would try to push them out of there! No, the 3 second lane violation was great for basketball! Still is. What do guys think of "palming" or "carrying" the ball???

Quote Originally Posted by Chris-L View Post
    No they're still 3 seconds. I thought the same thing so i timed it, no change.
    But they used to call it 2 seconds, now they call it 3 seconds.

3 seconds by any other name is just as sweet.

I hate defensive and offensive goaltending rule in NBA which involves "above the cylinder" definition. No refs being on the floor can ever get it right so why even have it? Do it as in FIBA and let the players swap ball of the rim or dunk/tip it. Would make game way more exciting instead of watching that ball rolling or bouncing on the rim until it either drops in the basket or out.
    "People do not want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed" - Friedrich Nietzsche.

Banned
    good discussions guys

I hate the Charge. Its weak defense rewarded. Its dangerous and it takes away athletic plays from the game. Its really just chump defense for non athletic people. How is jumping under someone going for a layup defense?

A charge should be when someone tries to run you over, not you trying to make them run you over.

I also hate when fouls are called and the defenders arms are straight up in the air, but the offensive player throws his arms against yours.

Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by AKMVP View Post
    I hate defensive and offensive goaltending rule in NBA which involves "above the cylinder" definition. No refs being on the floor can ever get it right so why even have it? Do it as in FIBA and let the players swap ball of the rim or dunk/tip it. Would make game way more exciting instead of watching that ball rolling or bouncing on the rim until it either drops in the basket or out.
    This

Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    I hate the Charge. Its weak defense rewarded. Its dangerous and it takes away athletic plays from the game. Its really just chump defense for non athletic people. How is jumping under someone going for a layup defense?

A charge should be when someone tries to run you over, not you trying to make them run you over.

And this