Page 24 of 66 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 658
  1. #231
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    stirring the pot
    Posts
    3,281
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    1088
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Two things;

    1) No. We couldn't get White as he'll go around 21/22 and we couldn't trade the picks to move up to that spot.
    2) Doesn't matter, because there would be guys at 30 that are likely to be as good as Royce.
    We could find a way to move up to that spot.

    You might be right though, there could be better players. I just like Royce. Im hitching my wagon to his success. There needs to be a way to make money buying player stock, in a gambling sort of way. That would be fun. I heard there might be something out there like that.

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many
     

  3. #232
    Senior Member The Thriller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    On the Booz Cruise
    Posts
    12,204
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    14386
    Rep Adjustment Power
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by shadler View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Have you seen who these players are compared to (Marshall or damian lillard). Not sure why you are bringing up spurs or okc into it. What was sap and mathews drafted again? You pretty much prove my point that 8th pic wont get us a great players.
    You provide the comparisons. You're the one that is supposed to prove your point. Prove to me why Marshall couldn't or wouldn't help us.

    Again, if you don't think that Millsap is contributing or that having Matthews doesn't improve us, then you obviously haven't ever seen basketball. If you really don't think having Ibaka, Parker, Ginobli, etc wouldn't help us then you're a complete moron.

    As far as getting any great players... Again, who is available at #8? When was Kobe Bryant drafted again?
    Get Educated

  4. #233
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tabor Heights
    Posts
    12,425
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    4891
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by billyshelby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They came to us looking to eliminate the 25% risk they lose this year's pick. A very reasonable proposition any team in their situation would explore. It doesn't mean they're going to do something unreasonable to get it. They hold more cards than we do.
    As I've pointed out, I don't find it unreasonable. Even if they give us next year's 1st, unprotected, it may be ****. This year's draft class is much stronger than next year's, and considering that it's likely that that said unprotected next year wouldn't likely be #8 but probably more in the #11-13 range, then it's even worse. Asking for #30 and 35 back to offset that while giving them #47 in return isn't asking for the world.

  5. #234
    Senior Member Catchall's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    City by the Bay
    Posts
    15,543
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    13767
    Rep Adjustment Power
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by shadler View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Have you seen who these players are compared to (Marshall or damian lillard). Not sure why you are bringing up spurs or okc into it. What was sap and mathews drafted again? You pretty much prove my point that 8th pic wont get us a great player. And who is to say we wont have a good pic next year. Jazz big moves are going to be through trades.
    This makes no sense. The #8 pick this year should be a good player, which is why GSW is fighting so hard to get this pick.

  6. #235
    Senior Member margodydek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    1,617
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    1685
    Rep Adjustment Power
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by Catchall View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why don't you post the players taken at #35? Or #13, which is what GSW's pick might be next year.
    This year's #8 is going to be a decent player to keep or use as an asset in a trade--e.g., Barnes, Sullinger, PJIII, Marshall, Lillard, etc.
    There's a reason why GSW wants this pick bad enough to throw away a season and ask the Jazz for this deal.
    Unless the Ws offer something significant, the Jazz shouldn't just walk away from a chance to get that pick.
    Kobe and Karl are Thirteeners

  7. #236
    Senior Member shadler's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    308
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    78
    Rep Adjustment Power
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Catchall View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why don't you post the players taken at #35? Or #13, which is what GSW's pick might be next year.
    This year's #8 is going to be a decent player to keep or use as an asset in a trade--e.g., Barnes, Sullinger, PJIII, Marshall, Lillard, etc.
    There's a reason why GSW wants this pick bad enough to throw away a season and ask the Jazz for this deal.
    Unless the Ws offer something significant, the Jazz shouldn't just walk away from a chance to get that pick.
    If you say so. Odds on a good player at 8 and a 72% chance of NOT getting it sounds good to me.

  8. #237
    Senior Member Catchall's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    City by the Bay
    Posts
    15,543
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    13767
    Rep Adjustment Power
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by margodydek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kobe and Karl are Thirteeners
    Great. Then maybe we'll get good players next year with GSW's pick even under the current top-7 protection. No need to trade with them.

  9. #238
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    stirring the pot
    Posts
    3,281
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    1088
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by billyshelby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If GS offers a guaranteed 1st, something we don't currently have, that's giving up something. And for a rebuilding team, that hurts. GS has to psyche themselves up like a gambler on a run of bad luck. Like, "We'll turn this around and that unconditional pick in 15 will be 18-25 because we'll be a playoff team."

    If I'm KOC, I'd take that bet. And lets not forget the other value of doing that: trading the GS pick now is troubled because any team that acquires it realizes they may get nothing from it. An actual first, however uncertain, is still a first. It becomes a much more marketable commodity.
    you make a lot of sense

    But like a gambler on a hot streak, Kevin should double down on this and roll the dice that we get this 8th overall pick this year. It's our destiny.

    We then draft Jeremy Lamb who becomes the superstar we need.

  10. #239
    In pursuit of #9 Dr. Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    62,117
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    96720
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by BluesRocker View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We could find a way to move up to that spot.

    You might be right though, there could be better players. I just like Royce. Im hitching my wagon to his success. There needs to be a way to make money buying player stock, in a gambling sort of way. That would be fun. I heard there might be something out there like that.
    solid reply, so I'll bite .. yes, I like Royce White a lot, as well..
    Fortune and glory, kid. Fortune and glory.

  11. #240
    Senior Member Catchall's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    City by the Bay
    Posts
    15,543
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    13767
    Rep Adjustment Power
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by shadler View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you say so. Odds on a good player at 8 and a 72% chance of NOT getting it sounds good to me.
    I'm just saying, I don't see what the Ws have that would make us want to give up our chance at the pick. We've got nothing to lose by taking our swing with a .280 hitter, and we don't have much if anything to gain by making a deal with GSW, unless the Jazz are high on a player expected to be there at the last pick of the first round.

    Edit: So you weigh the value of backing out of the #8 pick this year vs. the value of lowering pick protection next year. I'd rather take door #1 because we have a shot at a good player at #8.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About Us
We are a community of Utah JazzFanz that are passionate about our team. We celebrate the highs that come with last second heroics and (some of us) cry in defeat. Welcome to our community. Be respectful of others and join in to the conversation...
Join us