5 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by CONAN View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So zero?
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzman12 View Post
    To tell you the honest to goodness truth, I don't know. Aside from it being a home-and-home, I'm not privy to the finer points of the contract. Perhaps money is changing hands to help with travel costs etc. However, I don't see "Zero" as anything negative. Michigan agreed to come play a game in SLC and I think that's great. If BYU had the pull to get Michigan to Provo in a home-and-home, they'd be silly not to strike the same deal. Hopefully that's something that can materialize for BYU in the future. Their home schedule looks great in 2013, BYU fans will be rewarded for sitting through some pretty bad home games the past couple of seasons. Good for them.
    Does it really matter about the money, and Conan if you're going to go the money route in arguments with the Utes you are going to lose. They have a pretty lucrative deal being part of the Pac 12 that will pay off for them. Despite the fake crap I sling around and the trash talk, I'm happy for the Utes and think they are in a pretty good spot. It's not a bad thing to be happy for someone else when something good happens to them even if they are/were your rival.

As to the MWC, I'm not too excited about it, but I'm also not too excited about independence. IMO the Big 12 should be the main goal. After that I actually think I would rather stay independent than to jump back into the MWC... and the more I think of it I would rather get run over by a bus than go back to the MWC.
    Gobert has a serious defensive gravity.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    How much is Utah's ESPN deal worth?
    I think it was 4.3B for the conference.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by JazzSpazz View Post
    As to the MWC, I'm not too excited about it, but I'm also not too excited about independence. IMO the Big 12 should be the main goal. After that I actually think I would rather stay independent than to jump back into the MWC... and the more I think of it I would rather get run over by a bus than go back to the MWC.
    Exactly. How do you sell that to your fans that you didn't join the Big "12" and promoted independence but now you're the prodigal son returning home to the MWC? The appeal of a conference is great, but not if it's a half-ass conference like the MWC. For the sake of good football, I had hoped that BYU would join the Big "12" because it's really hard to work up enough energy to smack talk when they're playing Idaho or New Mexico State in November. The same would apply with a Colorado State or Wyoming game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    So zero then. Case closed.
    BYU 1984 National Champs.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    The 4 mill number is a baseline number for a min of games having to be picked up. So far, ESPN has gobbled up pretty much every "bonus" game they've been able to. So that is bigger in reality and BYU has other revenue streams. The money thing is not interesting to me at all. All it means for fans is that you might be able to piss into an actual urinal instead of trough in your stadium while watching your team win 4 games a year. BYU is not lacking money or sponsers and never will be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Exactly. BYU does not need money. It's more what the money means then anything else.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Exactly. BYU does not need money. It's more what the money means then anything else.
    Yup, and the fact that byu gets next to nothing shows what they are worth to ESPN, they provide cheap programming and nothing else.

Good for byu that they can afford to take such little money, but any delusions coug fans had about being an ESPN brand have to die at this point.

They are just a team that will play anytime, anywhere, for next to nothing to fill programming voids for the network.
    Make jazzfanz UGLI Again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by UGLI baby View Post
    Yup, and the fact that byu gets next to nothing shows what they are worth to ESPN, they provide cheap programming and nothing else.

Good for byu that they can afford to take such little money, but any delusions coug fans had about being an ESPN brand have to die at this point.

They are just a team that will play anytime, anywhere, for next to nothing to fill programming voids for the network.
    I wonder how much Utah would get from ESPN. Oh ya, duh zero. lol at little bro.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I wonder how much Utah would get from ESPN. Oh ya, duh zero. lol at little bro.
    Who is the Pac12 contract with? FOX & ESPN

How much? 3 billion over 12 years. Divided by 12 schools is 250 million per school. Divide again by 12 is 20.8 million per year. (Even if Utah is only 25% of that number initially it's still more than BYU's deal)

BYU has better exposure though now with their deal but the money isn't even close.
    Life is like watching Fast and the Furious 6. It's not easy, most of the time it's just dumb and pointless, everything is fake, there is a lot of noise, but if you close your eyes and picture yourself in an open field or a quiet forest, you can maybe make it to the end without killing yourself.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by YB85 View Post
    Exactly. How do you sell that to your fans that you didn't join the Big "12" and promoted independence but now you're the prodigal son returning home to the MWC? The appeal of a conference is great, but not if it's a half-ass conference like the MWC. For the sake of good football, I had hoped that BYU would join the Big "12" because it's really hard to work up enough energy to smack talk when they're playing Idaho or New Mexico State in November. The same would apply with a Colorado State or Wyoming game.
    I swear if BYU goes back to the MWC, I'm going to be really freaking pissed and disappointed. Going back to the MWC would be a HUGE step backward. If it's truly about "exposure", independence is the answer. Going back to the MWC would mean we were all fed a bunch of horse **** by BYU and the down right lied to us.
    Getting out of the MWC was the right move. I think going to the Big 12 would be the right move, even if it means having to give up some of their rights to home games via the vaunted BYUtv network. If that's the sticking point with the Big 12 and they lose out, that's a true travesty.
    ​Gobert or go home