Page 89 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast
Results 881 to 890 of 1000
  1. #881
    Senior Member The Thriller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    On the Booz Cruise
    Posts
    12,200
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    14386
    Rep Adjustment Power
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by colton View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The innerwebz is wrong.

    https://movieclips.com/FXbZ-the-prin...s-on-the-line/

    Look at 3:05.

    I expect multiple pos reps for this.
    I sure hope he/she sent you an apology in the form of a PM because I surely haven't seen him/her own it in this thread.
    Get Educated

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many
     

  3. #882
    Senior Member CONAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Draper
    Posts
    2,175
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    988
    Rep Adjustment Power
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad Feldheimer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who is the Pac12 contract with? FOX & ESPN

    How much? 3 billion over 12 years. Divided by 12 schools is 250 million per school. Divide again by 12 is 20.8 million per year. (Even if Utah is only 25% of that number initially it's still more than BYU's deal)

    BYU has better exposure though now with their deal but the money isn't even close.
    My point was more about what Utah would get from ESPN on their own. No question little bro is the master of coat-tailing and that's what they've done in the Pac12. Good on everyone there.

    As you say, for BYU it's more about exposure and they have a lot right now.
    BYU 1984 National Champs.

  4. #883
    Senior Member CONAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Draper
    Posts
    2,175
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    988
    Rep Adjustment Power
    31
    I agree it's a lot to do about nothing. But one of Bronco's main pushes has always been access to a BCS bowl. Right now that means a tough schedule and losing maybe 1 game. It's the tough road but I like it that way. Ute fans are excited to get their trash kicked around by Oregon and Stanford every other year. Well, the way things are looking BYU will get that opportunity 4-5 times in one year.

    So in terms of accessing the BCS I understand that reasoning. But I think you'd be spiting your face there too much.
    BYU 1984 National Champs.

  5. #884
    Senior Member Chad Feldheimer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Valley Of The Sun
    Posts
    4,262
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    4264
    Rep Adjustment Power
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by CONAN View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My point was more about what Utah would get from ESPN on their own. No question little bro is the master of coat-tailing and that's what they've done in the Pac12. Good on everyone there.

    As you say, for BYU it's more about exposure and they have a lot right now.
    So they coat-tailed Colorado to get into the PAC12?.

    I really like BYU's setup now. They have a horrible home schedule & a horrible QB this year. Their 2013 schedule looks a lot better though. All they need is a QB.
    Life is like watching Fast and the Furious 6. It's not easy, most of the time it's just dumb and pointless, everything is fake, there is a lot of noise, but if you close your eyes and picture yourself in an open field or a quiet forest, you can maybe make it to the end without killing yourself.

  6. #885
    Senior Member CONAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Draper
    Posts
    2,175
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    988
    Rep Adjustment Power
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad Feldheimer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So they coat-tailed Colorado to get into the PAC12?.
    No, I wouldn't go that far. But they are definitely coat-tailing the Pac12 in general. Just like they did with BYU. Utah cannot stand on their own. The majority of programs couldn't.
    BYU 1984 National Champs.

  7. #886
    Senior Member Chad Feldheimer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Valley Of The Sun
    Posts
    4,262
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    4264
    Rep Adjustment Power
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by CONAN View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, I wouldn't go that far. But they are definitely coat-tailing the Pac12 in general. Just like they did with BYU. Utah cannot stand on their own. The majority of programs couldn't.
    Why would they want to? Even BYU is considering getting back into a conference. It's tough to be out there all alone. Unless you're Notre Dame.
    Life is like watching Fast and the Furious 6. It's not easy, most of the time it's just dumb and pointless, everything is fake, there is a lot of noise, but if you close your eyes and picture yourself in an open field or a quiet forest, you can maybe make it to the end without killing yourself.

  8. #887
    Senior Member Duck Rodgers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Provo
    Posts
    6,563
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    8836
    Rep Adjustment Power
    58
    Here's to Bronco Mendenhall learning a simple lesson from this game that he can carry forward into years to come if he is still at BYU. You're a D-1 football coach, you've got 4 or 5 QBs every year that you deem worthy of carrying on scholarship. If the one gobbling PT is mediocre, there is no shame in rotating through those other guys and giving them a shot regardless of whatever opinion you have formed of them from practice up until that point. Then you don't have to ever roll out a guy who has 2 games left in his college career and let him make you look like a complete fool for sitting him for 4 years. Good game, James Lark.

  9. #888
    Senior Member The Thriller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    On the Booz Cruise
    Posts
    12,200
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    14386
    Rep Adjustment Power
    76
    James Lark provided something today that has been missing for 3 years...

    A QB who could complete passes consistently.

    We haven't had this since Max Hall graduated.

    Thanks DomaBroncRiley, for wasting everybody's time. Dumbasses.
    Get Educated

  10. #889
    Senior Member Chad Feldheimer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Valley Of The Sun
    Posts
    4,262
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    4264
    Rep Adjustment Power
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by the thriller View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    james lark provided something today that has been missing for 3 years...

    A qb who could complete passes consistently.

    We haven't had this since max hall graduated.

    Thanks domabroncriley, for wasting everybody's time. Dumbasses.
    new mexico state.
    Life is like watching Fast and the Furious 6. It's not easy, most of the time it's just dumb and pointless, everything is fake, there is a lot of noise, but if you close your eyes and picture yourself in an open field or a quiet forest, you can maybe make it to the end without killing yourself.

  11. #890
    Senior Member UGLI baby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    гег
    Posts
    33,145
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    52854
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Rivalry week

    byu vs New Mexico St

    Feel the excitement!
    Make jazzfanz UGLI Again

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About Us
We are a community of Utah JazzFanz that are passionate about our team. We celebrate the highs that come with last second heroics and (some of us) cry in defeat. Welcome to our community. Be respectful of others and join in to the conversation...
Join us