Page 32 of 61 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 610

Thread: Free Alec Burks

  1. #311
    Senior Member Zulu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The STG
    Posts
    10,260
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    28755
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Hopefully he gets second half minutes, he looked good on D as well!!

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many
     

  3. #312
    Senior Member spycam1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The Twilight Zone
    Posts
    16,467
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    38110
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    So, Burks has yet to come into a game a second time. Come on, Corbin, enough of this Tinsley crap and just play Burks and Foye together in the back court. I'm guessing it'll take Corbin another 5 games to try this? He's seemingly always two steps behind.

  4. #313
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    3,240
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    3775
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by spycam1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So, Burks has yet to come into a game a second time. Come on, Corbin, enough of this Tinsley crap and just play Burks and Foye together in the back court. I'm guessing it'll take Corbin another 5 games to try this? He's seemingly always two steps behind.
    Two steps behind who? You? Although Tinsley may kind of suck a lot, he does something neither Burks nor Foye do, run the offense and try and get other players going. Believe it or not this is actually very important. With Foye and Burks we would have two scorers always holding the ball, the other 3 players would be hard pressed to get involved in the offense. Ty is doing what he has to do with the pieces he has.

  5. #314
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,831
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    1092
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by kennykyle View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Two steps behind who? You? Although Tinsley may kind of suck a lot, he does something neither Burks nor Foye do, run the offense and try and get other players going. Believe it or not this is actually very important. With Foye and Burks we would have two scorers always holding the ball, the other 3 players would be hard pressed to get involved in the offense. Ty is doing what he has to do with the pieces he has.
    This is such a BS cliche. What exactly does Tinsley do? Slowly bring the ball past half court and then pass it to someone else? Then stand around the rest of the play? And after that, go get embarrassed on the defensive end?

    He was washed up several years ago. To imply that he does something Foye and Burks aren't capable of doing is just ridiculous.

  6. #315
    Senior Member Saint Cy of JFC's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    69,661
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    58748
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is such a BS cliche. What exactly does Tinsley do? Slowly bring the ball past half court and then pass it to someone else? Then stand around the rest of the play? And after that, go get embarrassed on the defensive end?

    He was washed up several years ago. To imply that he does something Foye and Burks aren't capable of doing is just ridiculous.
    You can't be serious. I know he has a lot of deficiencies to his game, but he does bring a lot that Foye and Burks just flat out can't. If you can't see that you're blind.
    Shovel your way out of the s***

  7. #316
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    3,240
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    3775
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrone Torbin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You can't be serious. I know he has a lot of deficiencies to his game, but he does bring a lot that Foye and Burks just flat out can't. If you can't see that you're blind.
    But he cant dunk it!

  8. #317
    Senior Member Zulu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The STG
    Posts
    10,260
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    28755
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by spycam1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So, Burks has yet to come into a game a second time. Come on, Corbin, enough of this Tinsley crap and just play Burks and Foye together in the back court. I'm guessing it'll take Corbin another 5 games to try this? He's seemingly always two steps behind.
    Doesn't Tinsley have some more Dental work to get done?????

  9. #318
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,831
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    1092
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrone Torbin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You can't be serious. I know he has a lot of deficiencies to his game, but he does bring a lot that Foye and Burks just flat out can't. If you can't see that you're blind.
    Like what? What does Tinsley do, at this stage of his career, that Foye just flat out can't do?

    I see Tinsley slowly bring the ball over half court, pass it to someone else, stand around until the play is over, and then get embarrassed on defense. This is literally all I have seen from Tinsley all season.

    He's not Stockton. He's not "directing the offense" or any other such nonsense. He's not setting picks. He's not even drawing a defender or creating anything for anyone. He's simply bringing the ball over half court, passing it off, and then standing around. Every once in a while he'll actually take a shot (because nobody has guarded him all season) but he never hits that shot.

    I'm 100% positive Foye could do this (and much more).

  10. #319
    Premium Member fishonjazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    K-TOWN
    Posts
    43,095
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    94921
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrone Torbin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You can't be serious. I know he has a lot of deficiencies to his game, but he does bring a lot that Foye and Burks just flat out can't. If you can't see that you're blind.
    So you are saying that foye and burks do not possess the ABILITY to bring the ball up the court and pass it to someone else? If that is what you are saying then you are wrong, as i have seen each of them do it before.

  11. #320
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,831
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    1092
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by fishonjazz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So you are saying that foye and burks do not possess the ABILITY to bring the ball up the court and pass it to someone else? If that is what you are saying then you are wrong, as i have seen each of them do it before.
    Foye has played some point guard every year he's been in the league. He was never a "great" point guard, but let's face it, Tinsley certainly isn't "great" at this stage off his career either.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About Us
We are a community of Utah JazzFanz that are passionate about our team. We celebrate the highs that come with last second heroics and (some of us) cry in defeat. Welcome to our community. Be respectful of others and join in to the conversation...
Join us