Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: What ever happened to being a tough physical team

  1. #1
    Senior Member Mission Accomplished's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Dirty O Town
    Posts
    1,686
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    -4
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0

    What ever happened to being a tough physical team

    It seems like the Jazz have went away from this most of our players are softer than toilet paper. We have a few exceptions I think Mo has a tough streak, Milsap, and Kanter. I'm so sick of these players that seem like when the going gets tough they grab their purses and run.
    To quote George "W" "For every fatal shooting, there were roughly three non-fatal shootings. And, folks, this is unacceptable in America. It's just unacceptable. And we're going to do something about it." --Philadelphia, Penn., May 14, 2001

  2. #2
    Wet Noodle Gameface's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The High Road
    Posts
    16,677
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    30053
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    The post-Sloan Jazz decided they wanted athletes and shooters instead of thugs?

  3. #3
    Senior Member NUMBERICA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    14,764
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    19836
    Rep Adjustment Power
    92
    This is what is crazy to me; The Jazz have 11 players that believe they belong in the rotation and they could all make great arguments. Every one of those players not on their rookie deal is an expiring contract this year (including Marvin and his player option), and of those rookie contract players, their minutes and role are suffering for it. This team should be competing with ITSELF even if it's not competing with the other team. Considering that, and the insane depth, the Jazz should have no excuse to trot out players that are dogging it. This team is not good enough nor top-heavy enough (who is clearlythe best player on this team?) to stick to a rigid rotation.

    If the losing continues, Corbin needs to hold a meeting and say, "those who try hard, can stay focused, and give us the best chance to win are going to get the minutes and the opportunities, it is that simple." and actually follow through with it.

    That won't happen. But in a perfect world it would.
    Mark Cuban is a ****ing sociopath.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Computer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Your Mothers Board
    Posts
    15,678
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    49134
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by NUMBERICA View Post
    This is what is crazy to me; The Jazz have 11 players that believe they belong in the rotation and they could all make great arguments. Every one of those players not on their rookie deal is an expiring contract this year (including Marvin and his player option), and of those rookie contract players, their minutes and role are suffering for it. This team should be competing with ITSELF even if it's not competing with the other team. Considering that, and the insane depth, the Jazz should have no excuse to trot out players that are dogging it. This team is not good enough nor top-heavy enough (who is clearlythe best player on this team?) to stick to a rigid rotation.

    If the losing continues, Corbin needs to hold a meeting and say, "those who try hard and can stay focused are going to get the minutes and the opportunities, it is that simple." and actually follow through with it.

    That won't happen. But in a perfect world it would.
    You think you could do a better job coaching from your couch?
    OS - Post and Toast 1.0

  5. #5
    Senior Member NUMBERICA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    14,764
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    19836
    Rep Adjustment Power
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    You think you could do a better job coaching from your couch?
    I wish I was surprised that you completely and utterly missed the ****ing point.
    Mark Cuban is a ****ing sociopath.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Computer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Your Mothers Board
    Posts
    15,678
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    49134
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by NUMBERICA View Post
    I wish I was surprised that you completely and utterly missed the ****ing point.
    I was joking moron.
    OS - Post and Toast 1.0

  7. #7
    Senior Member NUMBERICA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    14,764
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    19836
    Rep Adjustment Power
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    I was joking moron.
    Nice pivot.
    Mark Cuban is a ****ing sociopath.


  8. #8
    Freelance Sperm Donor Siro's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    9,970
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    36839
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    You think you could do a better job coaching from your couch?
    I could. I wish they'd try me out. It would have to be from my couch though. I'm not going to get all dressed up and **** and drive all the way to the arena.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Computer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Your Mothers Board
    Posts
    15,678
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    49134
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by NUMBERICA View Post
    Nice pivot.

    Stay in your lane.
    OS - Post and Toast 1.0

  10. #10
    Premium Member fishonjazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    K-TOWN
    Posts
    35,464
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    85093
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by SiroMar View Post
    I could. I wish they'd try me out. It would have to be from my couch though. I'm not going to get all dressed up and **** and drive all the way to the arena.
    Must spread the rep around... lol

  11. #11
    Senior Member Catchall's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    City by the Bay
    Posts
    12,941
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    11713
    Rep Adjustment Power
    65
    It's hard to play fast and be a tough, physical team. It's like you have to shove someone quick then get your a$$ down court.

    Seriously though, our defensive scheme is based on switching and constant motion.
    bored shiftless...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About Us
We are a community of Utah JazzFanz that are passionate about our team. We celebrate the highs that come with last second heroics and (some of us) cry in defeat. Welcome to our community. Be respectful of others and join in to the conversation...
Join us