Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 46

Thread: I Voted!

  1. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Posts
    16,323
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    46614
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by DutchJazzer View Post
    voting is for wussies.
    voting gives you the illusion of democracy.
    voting is as useful as a photograph of oxygen to a drowning man.
    What does that even mean?


    Put some respeck in my paycheck

  2. #32
    First BF League CHAMP nightmare3983's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    The Offseason
    Posts
    13,538
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    49745
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    What does that even mean?
    I have no doubt that DutchJazzer doesn't even know.

  3. #33
    Free at last!!! bigb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Outside Gobert's bedroom window...
    Posts
    7,544
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    14499
    Rep Adjustment Power
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmare3983 View Post
    I have no doubt that DutchJazzer doesn't even know.
    He'll never admit that, though.
    ​Gobert or go home



  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    11,250
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    7119
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    that democracy dont exist.
    but voting lets you think it does.

  5. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    791
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    733
    Rep Adjustment Power
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by DutchJazzer View Post
    that democracy dont exist.
    but voting lets you think it does.
    So we should just get rid of it then?

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    11,250
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    7119
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by HipHopAnonymous View Post
    So we should just get rid of it then?
    yes.

  7. #37
    Wet Noodle Gameface's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The High Road
    Posts
    16,678
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    30053
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by DutchJazzer View Post
    yes.
    In favor of what, a benevolent king?

  8. #38
    Senior Member TheSilencer1313's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Tooele, Utah
    Posts
    3,101
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    1156
    Rep Adjustment Power
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameface View Post
    In favor of what, a benevolent king?
    I say again..... how about a Constitutional Republic?
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

  9. #39
    Wet Noodle Gameface's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The High Road
    Posts
    16,678
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    30053
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSilencer1313 View Post
    I say again..... how about a Constitutional Republic?
    Well, yeah. That's what we have for the most part.

  10. #40
    Senior Member TheSilencer1313's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Tooele, Utah
    Posts
    3,101
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    1156
    Rep Adjustment Power
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameface View Post
    Well, yeah. That's what we have for the most part.
    Well that would be nice, but we actually have a Democracy where 51 percent rule the other 49 percent.
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

  11. #41
    Wet Noodle Gameface's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The High Road
    Posts
    16,678
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    30053
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSilencer1313 View Post
    Well that would be nice, but we actually have a Democracy where 51 percent rule the other 49 percent.
    I'm certainly on-board with strengthening individual rights, but it seems so out of vogue right now. It's a tough sell, people are readily trading in personal freedom for the illusion of safety.

  12. #42
    Senior Member TheSilencer1313's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Tooele, Utah
    Posts
    3,101
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    1156
    Rep Adjustment Power
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameface View Post
    I'm certainly on-board with strengthening individual rights, but it seems so out of vogue right now. It's a tough sell, people are readily trading in personal freedom for the illusion of safety.
    Agreed to a point.
    It seems pretty out of vogue with the older majority voting crowd, but the young people who are supporting independent campaigns seem to be more versed on the history of the United States and forms of government.
    There's no doubt that the majority seem perfectly fine with trading in there personal freedoms for the illusion of safety though.
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

  13. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Metro East, St. Louis
    Posts
    9,590
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    11039
    Rep Adjustment Power
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSilencer1313 View Post
    Well that would be nice, but we actually have a Democracy where 51 percent rule the other 49 percent.
    If that were true, Mormons would find it illegal to be missionaries in a huge part of the country (most of the red states).
    Last edited by One Brow; 11-08-2012 at 01:46 PM.
    http://lifetheuniverseandonebrow.blogspot.com/

    Isaiah 1:18 -- Come now, and let us reason together

    Any habitual action, such as eating or dressing, may be performed on the appropriate occasion, without any need of thought, and the same seems to be true of a painfully large proportion of our talk. -- Bertrand Russell

  14. #44
    Senior Member Computer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Your Mothers Board
    Posts
    15,680
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    49134
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    I just tried to vote, but they said the polls were closed. I was like, k whatever.
    OS - Post and Toast 1.0

  15. #45
    Free at last!!! bigb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Outside Gobert's bedroom window...
    Posts
    7,544
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    14499
    Rep Adjustment Power
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    I just tried to vote, but they said the polls were closed. I was like, k whatever.
    It's all your fault Obama won.
    ​Gobert or go home


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About Us
We are a community of Utah JazzFanz that are passionate about our team. We celebrate the highs that come with last second heroics and (some of us) cry in defeat. Welcome to our community. Be respectful of others and join in to the conversation...
Join us