Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

Let's start looking to the future

We should've done this last year, and maybe we'd have Lilliard now. But no we had to get that playoff spot to get swept and lose the draft pick. It's pretty evident to me that we need to play the young guys and move the guys who are not going to be part of our future. I'd rather watch the team develop through a losing season and find out if these young guys really have the potential we've all been touting. But another year playing vets to barely make the playoffs and stunting the growth of our young players is going to drive me crazy.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    How would missing the playoffs last year have landed us Lillard??? We would've picked 14th and a package of our 14th pick with the GS pick wouldn't have been enough for Porty.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    We would've only gotten Lillard with the Warriors draft pick, not ours momo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Eenie-Meenie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We should've done this last year, and maybe we'd have Lilliard now. But no we had to get that playoff spot to get swept and lose the draft pick. It's pretty evident to me that we need to play the young guys and move the guys who are not going to be part of our future. I'd rather watch the team develop through a losing season and find out if these young guys really have the potential we've all been touting. But another year playing vets to barely make the playoffs and stunting the growth of our young players is going to drive me crazy.
    Then you better stop watching because the Jazz are never going to be a team that tanks and only plays young guys. They never have and I doubt they ever well.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben10 View Post
    Then you better stop watching because the Jazz are never going to be a team that tanks and only plays young guys. They never have and I doubt they ever well.
    And they shouldn't. First off I'm not going to criticize GS for tanking then go out and hope the jazz tank. I won't watch a team tank while we have players that can help us win sit the bench.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Besides the young guys are getting minutes except for Burks of course. Was happy that Tinsley didn't play, think Ty is trying to get Burks minutes. The only problem was The team lost all momentum when Burks and Foye came in. Burks didn't exactly do anything to mak Ty give him extra minutes.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Eenie-Meenie View Post
    But another year playing vets to barely make the playoffs and stunting the growth of our young players is going to drive me crazy.
    You're gonna have so much fun when we play the vets AND miss the playoffs

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I didn't read this thread.

I'm too pissed.. which means there's still hope.
    Fortune and glory, kid. Fortune and glory.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    We would've only gotten Lillard with the Warriors draft pick, not ours momo.
    Lillard went sixth. GSW had protection at that pick. Try again.

Unless, of course, you're one of those people who thinks it would have been easy to just trade that pick to get Lillard.

Quote Originally Posted by negative reputation giver
    youre inquires are tiresome

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    There is one little conspiracy theory that is missing from this thread. The Jazz are in a perfect position to draft high in the 2014 draft. They are showcasing all of the vet contracts and there will be a fire sale at the trade deadline and the Jazz will take on a bunch of salary while also getting a bunch of draft picks. In the 2013-14 season they will be forced to play almost no vets and because the young guys are so bad the Jazz will get a top 3 pick of their own along with 2 other lottery picks. The future is bright, just not for another couple of years.
    Cy is a Baker, he doesn't work fast food. Don't make that mistake, he doesn't like it.