Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Scat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You're hitting this from the wrong angle. It's not about the doctor's religion or belief, it's about a doctor willing to follow the protocols of their employer, the Catholic church. It is the church that dictates that no birth control will be prescribed to patients in its hospitals/clinics. Now if the doctor can't abide by the rules and regulations of such an employer they can be fired for misconduct, not their religion.
    My criticism there would be directed at the hospital, which has agreed to to be publically licensed, for failing to follow standard medical practice.

As for the doctor in that particular situation, I agree their hands are tied. I even understand that they might not be able to find a better employer. However, it seems unlike you to say the doctor should not quit. Usually, you are much more about personal responsibility.
    http://lifetheuniverseandonebrow.blogspot.com/

Isaiah 1:18 -- Come now, and let us reason together

Any habitual action, such as eating or dressing, may be performed on the appropriate occasion, without any need of thought, and the same seems to be true of a painfully large proportion of our talk. -- Bertrand Russell

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Scat View Post
    Sign of the times?
    Were these just extra workers? Are these businesses just choosing to produce less product? How much of the claim that this comes from Obamacare is expediency vs. reality?

Any habitual action, such as eating or dressing, may be performed on the appropriate occasion, without any need of thought, and the same seems to be true of a painfully large proportion of our talk. -- Bertrand Russell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Leave it to One Brow to take the conversation about conscientious objectors within the medical field into the ridiculous realm.

I think Catholics deserve to provide the feminazi wish list in their Obamacare forced insurance plans. Catholic Bishops supported Obamacare to begin with. They should have to live the consequences of the totalitarian regime they helped force onto the rest of us.
    Democrat motto:
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOS View Post
    Why should we work?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirkickyass View Post
    Pearl is right

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by PearlWatson View Post
    Leave it to One Brow to take the conversation about conscientious objectors within the medical field into the ridiculous realm.
    I am completely unsurprised you responded with mischaracterization and dismissal, as opposed to anything substantive, cogent, or on-point.

Banned
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameface View Post
    "the pill" is super cheap. Like cheaper than ibuprofen and several orders of magnitude cheaper than pregnancy and child birth.
    i'm paying a total of 260 euros a month
    i have a healthy lifestyle i went to the doctor twice in 8 years.
    my girfriend a lil more.
    so the least they could do is front us the pill(about 20 euros a months suplies)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Boy.

Sounds like Obamacare really sucks.

We should go back to the old system. It was cheap, working a lot better, and included everyone, right?
    Get Educated

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by One Brow View Post
    Gosh, no. For that matter, I think Christian Scientists and Jehovah's Witnesses should be allowed to become doctors. I also think that when you agree to become a doctor, you agree to follow the best practices of the profession, to the best of your ability. If my doctor is a Christian Scientist, I expect they will still arrange any medically indicated surgeries. If my doctor is a Jehovah's Witness, I expect they will still order any medically indicated blood transfusions or products. If my doctor is a Catholic, I expect they will still perform abortions according to the standards of the profession (for example, in ectopic pregnancies).
    You see, your perspective comes completely from a utilitarian point of view. Do we live in a country in which you are free to follow your own religious doctrine? That is the only question there is in this situation. I fully understand your perspective and actually am sympathetic to it. I think it comes down to this, do you value a Utilitarian approach to healthcare or do you value personal religious freedoms? In this situation there is no in-between, rather a choice of either option and obviously there are going to those of us that disagree with one another on it. All I'm saying is that it's a violation of the first amendment - pure and simple.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_first_amendment

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I want us to have European heath care. Most jobs are required to have it, and everyone is covered if they don't have it.
    We need to build liveable wages, and incomes. Jobs that require health care provide workers who need less government assistance.
    If you are going to work for someone, and are working the most hours they will give you health care should be provided.
    "les grandes défaites forgent les grands hommes" - Rudy Gobert

Banned
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolution 9 View Post
    I want us to have European heath care. Most jobs are required to have it, and everyone is covered if they don't have it.
    We need to build liveable wages, and incomes. Jobs that require health care provide workers who need less government assistance.
    If you are going to work for someone, and are working the most hours they will give you health care should be provided.
    I live in europe and i'd rather not have mandatory healthcare

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Darden Restaurants (Red Lobster, Olive Garden) has already said that they will take steps to reduce employee overhead to avoid Obamacare penalties. Now White Castle, Papa John's and Applebee's are taking similar steps.