Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 36

Thread: Silver Linings

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,256
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    1340
    Rep Adjustment Power
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameface View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree. The Jazz are not an emotional and reactionary team. Us fans are, for sure. And maybe that gets us to the sad facts sooner in some cases, but in general it's not the way you want your pro sports team to operate. Just because Lindsey hasn't thrown a fit on TV doesn't mean he isn't well aware of all the things posters on this board assume he's oblivious to.
    Did you hear Lindsey yesteray on 1280? It was not encouraging. He was all about patience, and persistence and Jazz tradition and tough players. I was hoping to more about changes and Spurs ways of doing things and getting rings, not the same ole same ole.

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     

  3. #12
    Fire Controlman
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Underway
    Posts
    17,662
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    33236
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by zman1527 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did you hear Lindsey yesteray on 1280? It was not encouraging. He was all about patience, and persistence and Jazz tradition and tough players. I was hoping to more about changes and Spurs ways of doing things and getting rings, not the same ole same ole.
    I didn't hear it, but I'm glad our FO doesn't do drama.

  4. #13
    Senior Member GVC's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    I'm jus' one dem guys...come, scrap, blue collar, junkyard dog
    Posts
    7,278
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    16522
    Rep Adjustment Power
    84
    What's he supposed to say?

    "We're looking to ship out our vets ASAP to try to build a winning team a la San Antonio"?

    Wouldn't that hurt the trade value of the players we'd like to unload? Dude's not going to put all his cards on the table for the other 29 FO's to see before he has to.
    http://jazzfanz.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=133&dateline=1317382587

  5. #14
    Senior Member orangello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Draft BPA
    Posts
    14,937
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    18321
    Rep Adjustment Power
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by zman1527 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did you hear Lindsey yesteray on 1280? It was not encouraging. He was all about patience, and persistence and Jazz tradition and tough players. I was hoping to more about changes and Spurs ways of doing things and getting rings, not the same ole same ole.
    Jefferson is the furthest thing from tough a player can be. Doesn't like contact, gets punked by midget PG's and all but gives up with some teams (remember the comment he made about the Spurs before the playoffs started?).
    Cy is a Baker, he doesn't work fast food. Don't make that mistake, he doesn't like it.

  6. #15
    Senior Member spycam1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The Twilight Zone
    Posts
    16,463
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    38110
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Agree with NUMB and Siro on everything.

    Here's the key question, though: how much more sucking will it take to convince the franchise to move forward with the youth movement? I'm worried they'll continue this vet crap all the way till the trade deadline, even if we continue to lose...and lose bad.

  7. #16
    Freelance Sperm Donor Siro's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    12,669
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    43033
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by zman1527 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did you hear Lindsey yesteray on 1280? It was not encouraging. He was all about patience, and persistence and Jazz tradition and tough players. I was hoping to more about changes and Spurs ways of doing things and getting rings, not the same ole same ole.
    They will always say the PC thing in public. Gameface is right about not wanting a reactionary organization running the show. But we also don't need a passionless organization that is happy contending for a playoffs spot while averting any risk to their bottom line. That's what it's starting to look like.

    Ideally, Favors and Kanter (and preferablly Burks) should have seen increased minutes throughout the previous season, priming Favors for a starting role this season. Instead, we have two 3rd picks with exceptional talent who are watching on the sideline while a "veteran" gets 30 mpg while averaging 11 points on 40% FG% and playing no defense. I cannot think of anything more baffling. If this is what not being reactionary is all about, then no thanks, you can keep it. I got better things to do.

  8. #17
    Senior Member GVC's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    I'm jus' one dem guys...come, scrap, blue collar, junkyard dog
    Posts
    7,278
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    16522
    Rep Adjustment Power
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by orangello View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    (remember the comment he made about the Spurs before the playoffs started?).
    If it's the comment I think you're referring to, it wasn't made until after Game 3 IIRC. Still not good.
    http://jazzfanz.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=133&dateline=1317382587

  9. #18
    Senior Member orangello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Draft BPA
    Posts
    14,937
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    18321
    Rep Adjustment Power
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by spycam1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agree with NUMB and Siro on everything.

    Here's the key question, though: how much more sucking will it take to convince the franchise to move forward with the youth movement? I'm worried they'll continue this vet crap all the way till the trade deadline, even if we continue to lose...and lose bad.
    Maybe the road heavy schedule in the month of November is he best thing for the franchise. If the Jazz come out of the month with 3 to 7 wins then I can see something changing, expecially if Favors and Kanter keep playing like they did last night.
    Cy is a Baker, he doesn't work fast food. Don't make that mistake, he doesn't like it.

  10. #19
    Senior Member underKANTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    1,141
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    1098
    Rep Adjustment Power
    27
    Dear Coach Corbin

    I have never ever seen a basketball player chumping in the chest of his head coach. This shows a lot about your situation. You are not really respected and you have not been able to prove much improvement as a head coach. It's not like you are leading and guiding this team, it's the opposite: the players dictate what you have to do.

    You don't have the balls and this tough mentality a head coach should have. You should have some distance to your players and not be their best buddy. We need an experienced and intelligent coach that has balls and decides wiser and is not afraid to bench veterans and distribute the minutes to players who actually deserve it. Coach, you are not putting us in the best position to win if you continue to ignore the leaps that our young guys have made during this offseason.

    I want a coach that is fair and does not only look at the years a player has been in this league and how big his contract is. If Favors and Kanter even outplay Jefferson and Millsap in the practice, accept it! Have some confidence Coach Corbin (an not 'Coach Ty', as Karl Malone mentioned how your players should not call you) and show them who the boss is! But I doubt that you have the mentality, philosophy and confidence to lead this current Jazz group.

    Thank you for all what you have done for this Jazz Organization. You are a classy person and you will be always remembered. We appreciate your work. While I respect you as a person, I think it's time to move on. Thank you for making the Playoffs last year which not many people would have expected. Finally, I'm sorry for my vulgar expressions above but that's how I currently feel.

    I wish you nothing but the best for the future.


    Regards,

    A Jazz fan from Switzerland

  11. #20
    Senior Member orangello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Draft BPA
    Posts
    14,937
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    18321
    Rep Adjustment Power
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by GVC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If it's the comment I think you're referring to, it wasn't made until after Game 3 IIRC. Still not good.
    You're probably right. I just remember him completely giving up through the media.
    Cy is a Baker, he doesn't work fast food. Don't make that mistake, he doesn't like it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About Us
We are a community of Utah JazzFanz that are passionate about our team. We celebrate the highs that come with last second heroics and (some of us) cry in defeat. Welcome to our community. Be respectful of others and join in to the conversation...
Join us