Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 62
  1. #21
    Senior Member Scorpjazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    1,522
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    1488
    Rep Adjustment Power
    32
    Mark Jackson was, and is, a ****ing idiot.

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many
     

  3. #22
    Senior Member WhiskyPriest's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,896
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    3808
    Rep Adjustment Power
    40
    Gary Payton > Mark Jackson, in every way.

    I refuse to believe GP would have tanked so obviously as well.

  4. #23
    Senior Member addictionary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    12,057
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    34264
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    he wouldn't invite mj that's for sure.

  5. #24
    Senior Member carolinajazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,670
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    1096
    Rep Adjustment Power
    32
    ...never liked Payton....too much of a trash talker.....thought way too much of himself. He did kinda of mellow out when he got older, but his attitude and manner both on and off the court was less than professional. I doubt Stockton would even show up for his HOF induction. Oh, by the way, if Reggie Miller wasn't a first ballot, Payton won't be either!

  6. #25
    The One True Youngblood YB85's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,140
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    14223
    Rep Adjustment Power
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by carolinajazz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...just a bunch of....stupid rambling....and moronic....proclamations!
    This

  7. #26
    First BF League CHAMP nightmare3983's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    The Offseason
    Posts
    14,054
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    50251
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by carolinajazz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh, by the way, if Reggie Miller wasn't a first ballot, Payton won't be either!
    I agree with that statement.

  8. #27
    The One True Youngblood YB85's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,140
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    14223
    Rep Adjustment Power
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmare3983 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree with that statement.
    I don't. Payton was a better player than Reggie. Reggie should have been a first ballot, but because he wasn't doesn't mean Payton shouldn't be.

    Also, I guarantee that Stockton would be there if Payton asked. If not, he'd be pretty ****ing classless.

  9. #28
    Modstapo Lite Nate505's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Lakewood, CO
    Posts
    7,477
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    14872
    Rep Adjustment Power
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmare3983 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree with that statement.
    He may not be a first ballot HOFer, but I disagree with the rationale. Payton was 10x the player Miller was. Payton was a DPOY, made 2 NBA first teams, 5 second teams, 2 third teams, and 9 NBA all defensive teams. Miller made the all NBA third team three times in his career, and nothing better. Miller's 3 point shooting record and extremely memorable clutch moments against the Knicks gave him a far better resume than his actual career did.
    In Lindsay We Trust

  10. #29
    Modstapo Lite Nate505's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Lakewood, CO
    Posts
    7,477
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    14872
    Rep Adjustment Power
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by YB85 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't. Payton was a better player than Reggie. Reggie should have been a first ballot, but because he wasn't doesn't mean Payton shouldn't be.

    Also, I guarantee that Stockton would be there if Payton asked. If not, he'd be pretty ****ing classless.
    No kidding. Stockton asked Isiah Thomas to do his introduction and he did, and it's not like they were ever the best of friends in their careers.
    In Lindsay We Trust

  11. #30
    Senior Member fatchipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Logan, UT
    Posts
    911
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    1044
    Rep Adjustment Power
    31
    Look at the eligible names for 2013. I'm about 90% sure Payton is a first ballot HOFer.

    Bernard King
    Jerry Krause
    Mark Jackson
    Tim Hardaway
    Bobby Jones
    Mitch Richmond
    Maurice Cheeks
    George McGinnis
    Rick Pitino
    Slick Leonard

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About Us
We are a community of Utah JazzFanz that are passionate about our team. We celebrate the highs that come with last second heroics and (some of us) cry in defeat. Welcome to our community. Be respectful of others and join in to the conversation...
Join us