Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 164
  1. #71
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Metro East, St. Louis
    Posts
    9,590
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    11039
    Rep Adjustment Power
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameface View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That the Palestinians were putting to good use?
    Are farms good use? Since when does a libertarian suddenly worry about how their neighbor uses their land?
    http://lifetheuniverseandonebrow.blogspot.com/

    Isaiah 1:18 -- Come now, and let us reason together

    Any habitual action, such as eating or dressing, may be performed on the appropriate occasion, without any need of thought, and the same seems to be true of a painfully large proportion of our talk. -- Bertrand Russell

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many
     

  3. #72
    Senior Member mtnbayou's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Roaming the bars
    Posts
    283
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    113
    Rep Adjustment Power
    28
    We should just 'go for it' and let them do whatever the hell they want to to each other. It's insane how much money we give other nations.

  4. #73
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Metro East, St. Louis
    Posts
    9,590
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    11039
    Rep Adjustment Power
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameface View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hamas crying uncle.
    There is no such thing as a permanently oppressed people that do not engage in rebellions. If Hamas crys uncle today, another organization will replace them in 10 years.
    http://lifetheuniverseandonebrow.blogspot.com/

    Isaiah 1:18 -- Come now, and let us reason together

    Any habitual action, such as eating or dressing, may be performed on the appropriate occasion, without any need of thought, and the same seems to be true of a painfully large proportion of our talk. -- Bertrand Russell

  5. #74
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Metro East, St. Louis
    Posts
    9,590
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    11039
    Rep Adjustment Power
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzyapma View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Let me tell you a story:

    Once there was a great empire and many slaves were obedient to the king. Then a man organized the slaves and left the kingdom with them, claim a land to their own, found a couple of cities. Another great empire came by force and concured their land. They were homeless again, scattered around the world in the process. They learned that the economy is everything, so they sticked to the trade. They grew economically and became a force which cannot be concured: pot of gold. Many diffrent people concured their land and lived, they only had an idea when they would "buy" their land again. So when they think the time is right, they directed the biggest empires which became victorious from a world war, with their financial power to concure their land for them. Many of the people come to their forefather's land, and since then, they are trying to kick out the people who live there for centuries after they left.
    concur: agree with
    conquer: to take over (usually with a military)
    http://lifetheuniverseandonebrow.blogspot.com/

    Isaiah 1:18 -- Come now, and let us reason together

    Any habitual action, such as eating or dressing, may be performed on the appropriate occasion, without any need of thought, and the same seems to be true of a painfully large proportion of our talk. -- Bertrand Russell

  6. #75
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Posts
    17,078
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    48516
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by One Brow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You say that as if having a peaceful regime will keep them from being ****ed. I have seen no indication this is true. Israel is dominated by its religious radicals right now, and they want nothing less that the entires West Bank as Isreali land.

    I don't the Palestinians are innocent little victimized kittens. They're also not irrational morons (at least, not more so than humans generally). Nor are the Israelis the victims.
    Do you really blame them for taking that stance? Every time the Arabs control it they use it as a launching pad for violence. Israel squashed the violence and moved in to secure it. 40 years later is a long time for them to be living there and just uproot thousands of families in a full pull out. Palestine & Jordan are responsible for losing it in the first place, and aren't willing to negotiate on new boundaries (an understandable stance not wanting highly fragmented borders). Nor are they willing to recognize a Jewish state.

    I guess I don't get Palestine's angle at all. They have a chance for a UN recognized nation and peace but choose to continuous fighting instead.


    Put some respeck in my paycheck

  7. #76
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Metro East, St. Louis
    Posts
    9,590
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    11039
    Rep Adjustment Power
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you really blame them for taking that stance?
    I'm not big on blame. Howqever, I will say that your reasons are rationalizations. The primary reasons for wanting that land is a sense of entitlement with a religious source.

    Do you acknowledge Israel has helped create, and its policies continue to exacerbate, the conflict?
    http://lifetheuniverseandonebrow.blogspot.com/

    Isaiah 1:18 -- Come now, and let us reason together

    Any habitual action, such as eating or dressing, may be performed on the appropriate occasion, without any need of thought, and the same seems to be true of a painfully large proportion of our talk. -- Bertrand Russell

  8. #77
    Senior Member jazzyapma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Antalya
    Posts
    1,092
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    2837
    Rep Adjustment Power
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So basically you are saying it was their land, they were forcibly removed and are now returning home to find someone living in their house?
    Pretty much. But after 2 millenia, do they have the right to claim the land for themselves? That's the debate.
    Last edited by jazzyapma; 11-21-2012 at 10:20 AM.
    Burke- Burks- Burked.

  9. #78
    Senior Member jazzyapma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Antalya
    Posts
    1,092
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    2837
    Rep Adjustment Power
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by One Brow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    concur: agree with
    conquer: to take over (usually with a military)
    My bad.
    Burke- Burks- Burked.

  10. #79
    Modstapo Stoked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Southern Utah
    Posts
    33,889
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    53877
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by One Brow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not big on blame. Howqever, I will say that your reasons are rationalizations. The primary reasons for wanting that land is a sense of entitlement with a religious source.

    Do you acknowledge Israel has helped create, and its policies continue to exacerbate, the conflict?
    Yes but not anymore than Hamas. I reject the popular trend of supporting Hamas and denouncing Israel. If I had to choose what wagon to hitch my horse to it would be Israel without a doubt.
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

  11. #80
    Modstapo Stoked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Southern Utah
    Posts
    33,889
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    53877
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzyapma View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pretty much. But after 2 millenia, do the have the right to claim the land for themselves? That's the debate.
    Well if you agree with the premise that it is their house...
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About Us
We are a community of Utah JazzFanz that are passionate about our team. We celebrate the highs that come with last second heroics and (some of us) cry in defeat. Welcome to our community. Be respectful of others and join in to the conversation...
Join us