Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 40
  1. #21
    Modstapo Stoked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Southern Utah
    Posts
    33,890
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    53877
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSilencer1313 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree. At the same time though, I can see Corbin getting a bit better with his coaching in the last few games.
    I just hope the trend continues.
    I think that the Nawlins, Boston and Philly games were all winnable. That would make the Jazz 9-3 and the 3rd seed in the west right now.
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many
     

  3. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,705
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    963
    Rep Adjustment Power
    30
    yeah, there's no reason to panic at all. 6-6 is actually a decent record given the quality of opponents and the home/road slate.

    as of 1/12, the jazz will have played 23 road games and only 13 at home. if they're at .500 on the morning of january 13th, they're going to the playoffs for sure, as from that point forward they'll have 28 home games and just 18 road. more than likely, they'll be a bit under .500 on 1/13, but they'll have a huge schedule advantage from that points forward.
    check out the jazzbros.com blog for more on the jazz.

  4. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,705
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    963
    Rep Adjustment Power
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think that the Nawlins, Boston and Philly games were all winnable. That would make the Jazz 9-3 and the 3rd seed in the west right now.
    no team wins 100% of its winnable games. nobody. much less a fairly middling team like these jazz.
    check out the jazzbros.com blog for more on the jazz.

  5. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    8,383
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    11729
    Rep Adjustment Power
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by theNBAnerd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    yeah, there's no reason to panic at all. 6-6 is actually a decent record given the quality of opponents and the home/road slate.

    as of 1/12, the jazz will have played 23 road games and only 13 at home. if they're at .500 on the morning of january 13th, they're going to the playoffs for sure, as from that point forward they'll have 28 home games and just 18 road. more than likely, they'll be a bit under .500 on 1/13, but they'll have a huge schedule advantage from that points forward.

    Ding, ding. The Jazz are sitting pretty right now. The goal between now and 1/12 is .500 ball. Dominate at home, get better on the road. If the Jazz are .500 on 1/12, they will have a shot at a 4-5 seed. I say this, because if they are .500 in January, they will have learned to win on the road and will become a very dangerous team.

  6. #25
    Modstapo Stoked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Southern Utah
    Posts
    33,890
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    53877
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by theNBAnerd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    no team wins 100% of its winnable games. nobody. much less a fairly middling team like these jazz.
    Obviously. However you are missing the point of my converstion in this thread. If you really want to know what it was then go back and read my posts. If not then that's cool to.
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

  7. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    665
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    1866
    Rep Adjustment Power
    33
    Your argument has too many straw man. Who are these so called experts who predicted the jazz would finish 8th. Are they the same experts who last year predicted we would have the worst or 2nd worst record? Im disappointed because i want the young guys tobplay more. When we lose with the old guys I have no hope for the future. Give the young guys more time. Give me hope the jazz can compete for the championship.

  8. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    665
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    1866
    Rep Adjustment Power
    33
    Your argument has too many straw man. Who are these so called experts who predicted the jazz would finish 8th. Are they the same experts who last year predicted we would have the worst or 2nd worst record? Im disappointed because i want the young guys tobplay more. When we lose with the old guys I have no hope for the future. Give the young guys more time. Give me hope the jazz can compete for the championship.

  9. #28
    Senior Member NAOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Jazz Forum
    Posts
    15,932
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    29122
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    I've got $20 that says doubledribble is a Houston Suckettes fan who is chafing under the realization that Lin and Asik are who we thought they were. That is, not worth the contracts his team paid them in a laughable moment of desperation post-Dwight gaga.

    Quote Originally Posted by doubledribble View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But that is not true.

    Before 2011-12 season a panel of ESPN experts projected the Jazz to finish 12th. They were actually 8th (+4)
    Before 2010-11 season a panel of ESPN experts projected the Jazz to finish 7th. They were actually 11th (-4)
    Before 2009-10 season a panel of ESPN experts projected the Jazz to finish 6th. They were actually 5th (+1)
    Before 2008-9 season a panel of ESPN experts projected the Jazz to finish 4th. They were actually 8th (-4)

    Only once in the last 4 seasons the Jazz significantly outperformed the expectations of the experts.
    Youre quoting ESP****ingN as well as not mention the Sloan retirement and Dwill trade? Please delete your account
    {size/HUGE} RUDY {/size}
    Pres. & CFO of Sefolosha Fan Club (PM for details)

  10. #29
    Moderator Revolution 9's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Posts
    11,437
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    19445
    Rep Adjustment Power
    94
    We are losing games we shouldn't, and haven't won any games we didn't expect to. It's early yet, but it's been disappointing.
    We played well against the Lakers, and Rockets, but that was at home, and they were both tired teams missing stars.

    Hopefully, we'll cream the Kings at home, and then crush them again in their arena.
    "les grandes défaites forgent les grands hommes" - Rudy Gobert

  11. #30
    Modstapo Stoked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Southern Utah
    Posts
    33,890
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    53877
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolution 9 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We are losing games we shouldn't, and haven't won any games we didn't expect to. It's early yet, but it's been disappointing.
    We played well against the Lakers, and Rockets, but that was at home, and they were both tired teams missing stars.

    Hopefully, we'll cream the Kings at home, and then crush them again in their arena.
    The opener against Dallas, at home, was a good game as well.
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About Us
We are a community of Utah JazzFanz that are passionate about our team. We celebrate the highs that come with last second heroics and (some of us) cry in defeat. Welcome to our community. Be respectful of others and join in to the conversation...
Join us