Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 92

Thread: Gut the team

  1. #41
    Premium Member fishonjazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    K-TOWN
    Posts
    43,094
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    94921
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    WTF? Lol.

    Who hired Corbin then?

    C'mon man, stop being delusional. So according to you, KOC is only responsible for the good things.?
    I believe that greg miller hired corbin. You think KOC decides who coaches? I didn't know that, i thought he was just in charge of PLAYER PERSONELL, i didnt know he ran the whole organization.

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many
     

  3. #42
    Senior Member Computer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    17,050
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    50515
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by fishonjazz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I believe that greg miller hired corbin. You think KOC decides who coaches? I didn't know that, i thought he was just in charge of PLAYER PERSONELL, i didnt know he ran the whole organization.

    Thats wtf the GM does, hire the coach and pick ALL the players. Not just the four you like.

    Greg Miller hires the president. The president hires the GM. The Gm hires the coaches and players. The coach hires his assistants. Thats the way it works for the most part. Every team is a little different. The Jazz usually do everything together and help each other make decisions. But for the most part, KOC makes the final decision on all team personnel. Or at least he did. Lindsey had nothing to do with building this team.
    OS - Post and Roast 2.0

  4. #43
    Premium Member fishonjazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    K-TOWN
    Posts
    43,094
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    94921
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    I had no idea that the GM chooses the coach. If thats the case then koc screwed up choosing corbin.
    I always thought that the GM was only responsible for players not coaches.

    Well i learned something new today i guess.
    Thanks hack.

  5. #44
    Senior Member //r00t 4 Jazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,117
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    2917
    Rep Adjustment Power
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Interesting. I've never liked Corbin and from day one pretty much hated the hire. I also never liked bringing in Marvin or Foye. Mo I understood because of a glaring need at pg but I also didn't understand the love that most threw upon him as he joined our squad.

    To be brief, we have a young squad who is very talented and at the age where they're highly impressionable. We only get one chance during their youth to teach them right, get the best out of them, and build something here. To waste it with Corbin at the helm is beyond ****ing retarded.
    This is the theme for almost everybody around JF, everybody who hated the hire has never liked it and never really gave him an honest chance, not just with Corbin but you can <insert players name here> and it would apply for the negative or the positive.

    I think we should change the name of the board to I have my own Jazz agenda Fanz.

    There has not been a coach or player I haven't literally cussed at through my TV several times this season. Corbin pisses me off several times every quarter just as Jefferson and so far this season I have yelled at Millsap more then I can ever remember.

    Difference is I am boring and this board would be much more boring if more people were like me. I think the Jazz FO had a plan of letting Corbin grow and learn with this young roster and the same way at the end of the rookie contract if they pan out you try and keep them and if they don't you let them go.

    People complain Corbin doesn't have balls to make changes (yet he has just not ones most fans agree with), people complain the starting line up sucks cause they keep getting off to slow starts and they want to see the big line up. Well the big line up started slower then the other line ups so far this season (granted only 2 games).

    But that leads me to my complaint if Corbin doesn't have the balls everybody one says that means he has to play to win now for fear of his job. Which that would come from ownership, KOC and the Jazz FO, if they wanted him to develop the young'uns at the expense of wins he would (again due to lack of balls stated by fans here).

    Sorry for rambling, let me ramble one more sec however just cause I don't want to add it anywhere else. Before, during and After the road loss to NOH, many people said Thibodeau wouldn't let that happen he's a defensive genius, his team promptly lost AT HOME to this same NOH team. Then these same people say Pop wouldn't let his team stick around for close games home or road, guess your right he only let his team go to 2OT to beat the Raptors instead of 3OT's.

    *No I'm not comparing Corbin to either, obviously both those coaches have proven to be WAY better coaches*

  6. #45
    Premium Member fishonjazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    K-TOWN
    Posts
    43,094
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    94921
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by //r00t 4 Jazz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is the theme for almost everybody around JF, everybody who hated the hire has never liked it and never really gave him an honest chance, not just with Corbin but you can <insert players name here> and it would apply for the negative or the positive.

    I think we should change the name of the board to I have my own Jazz agenda Fanz.

    There has not been a coach or player I haven't literally cussed at through my TV several times this season. Corbin pisses me off several times every quarter just as Jefferson and so far this season I have yelled at Millsap more then I can ever remember.

    Difference is I am boring and this board would be much more boring if more people were like me. I think the Jazz FO had a plan of letting Corbin grow and learn with this young roster and the same way at the end of the rookie contract if they pan out you try and keep them and if they don't you let them go.

    People complain Corbin doesn't have balls to make changes (yet he has just not ones most fans agree with), people complain the starting line up sucks cause they keep getting off to slow starts and they want to see the big line up. Well the big line up started slower then the other line ups so far this season (granted only 2 games).

    But that leads me to my complaint if Corbin doesn't have the balls everybody one says that means he has to play to win now for fear of his job. Which that would come from ownership, KOC and the Jazz FO, if they wanted him to develop the young'uns at the expense of wins he would (again due to lack of balls stated by fans here).

    Sorry for rambling, let me ramble one more sec however just cause I don't want to add it anywhere else. Before, during and After the road loss to NOH, many people said Thibodeau wouldn't let that happen he's a defensive genius, his team promptly lost AT HOME to this same NOH team. Then these same people say Pop wouldn't let his team stick around for close games home or road, guess your right he only let his team go to 2OT to beat the Raptors instead of 3OT's.

    *No I'm not comparing Corbin to either, obviously both those coaches have proven to be WAY better coaches*
    I think you are wrong.
    I was fine with hiring corbin in the beginning and even after we got swept in the playoffs i got into a big arguement with one of my friends who wanted corbin gone. I was defending corbin and making excuses about deron leaving, sloans abrupt retirement, no offseason, no pre-season or fall camp, lockout shortened season. I defended him alot.
    But he keeps making the same big time mistake (favoring vets over youth in every situation even when the vet isn't very good) and my patience is now gone.
    What he is doing with burks is extremely frustrating.

  7. #46
    Senior Member Computer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    17,050
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    50515
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by fishonjazz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I had no idea that the GM chooses the coach. If thats the case then koc screwed up choosing corbin.
    I always thought that the GM was only responsible for players not coaches.

    Well i learned something new today i guess.
    Thanks hack.

    Hm.

    Thats refreshing. Usually someone will just keep arguing even if they are wrong around here. Good on ya for willing to learn.

    Ya, the GM hires the coaches in every sport for every team, with maybe a few exceptions that I am unaware of. Just look at the most recent coaching change for the Lakers. Mitch Kupchak, the GM of the Lakers, was the one who hired D'antoni and fired Mike Brown.
    OS - Post and Roast 2.0

  8. #47
    Senior Member bjunior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,018
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    2129
    Rep Adjustment Power
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by //r00t 4 Jazz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry for rambling, let me ramble one more sec however just cause I don't want to add it anywhere else. Before, during and After the road loss to NOH, many people said Thibodeau wouldn't let that happen he's a defensive genius, his team promptly lost AT HOME to this same NOH team. Then these same people say Pop wouldn't let his team stick around for close games home or road, guess your right he only let his team go to 2OT to beat the Raptors instead of 3OT's.

    *No I'm not comparing Corbin to either, obviously both those coaches have proven to be WAY better coaches*
    NOH played without Anthony Davis
    TOR played without Lowry

    I may be wrong, but I guess the complaints are not about losses, but about how they lose, about the game.. no energy, no defense, no fun to watch

  9. #48
    Senior Member Computer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    17,050
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    50515
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by fishonjazz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think you are wrong.
    I was fine with hiring corbin in the beginning and even after we got swept in the playoffs i got into a big arguement with one of my friends who wanted corbin gone. I was defending corbin and making excuses about deron leaving, sloans abrupt retirement, no offseason, no pre-season or fall camp, lockout shortened season. I defended him alot.
    But he keeps making the same big time mistake (favoring vets over youth in every situation even when the vet isn't very good) and my patience is now gone.
    What he is doing with burks is extremely frustrating.
    Im not too happy with Corbin either, but I cant place all the blame on him. The management of the Jazz need to make his decisions easier on him. Keeping the log jam of bigs around, and loading up the team with vets, sends the message of win now. Corbin is in a tough spot. He has to worry about what his boss will think if he benches Al, who is the highest scorer, and highest paid player.
    OS - Post and Roast 2.0

  10. #49
    Senior Member Computer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    17,050
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    50515
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by bjunior View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    NOH played without Anthony Davis
    TOR played without Lowry

    I may be wrong, but I guess the complaints are not about losses, but about how they lose, about the game.. no energy, no defense, no fun to watch
    This is true.

    I would rather watch us lose giving all our effort than watch over paid vets mail it in on defense.
    OS - Post and Roast 2.0

  11. #50
    Senior Member Mission Accomplished's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Dirty O Town
    Posts
    1,955
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    -78
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Weird..

    Everbody hates Corbin
    Everybody hates Jefferson
    Everybody pretty much hates the direction of the team.

    But somehow everybody here thinks KOC is/was the best GM to ever walk the planet.

    Makes sense
    OH no you didn't
    To quote George "W" "For every fatal shooting, there were roughly three non-fatal shootings. And, folks, this is unacceptable in America. It's just unacceptable. And we're going to do something about it." --Philadelphia, Penn., May 14, 2001

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About Us
We are a community of Utah JazzFanz that are passionate about our team. We celebrate the highs that come with last second heroics and (some of us) cry in defeat. Welcome to our community. Be respectful of others and join in to the conversation...
Join us