Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28

Thread: South China Sea

  1. #11
    Modstapo Stoked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Southern Utah
    Posts
    33,890
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    53877
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does the U.S. claim any bodies of water similar to this?
    As far as I know there is only one small contested claim with Canada in the northeast. However it is a remote location and has no real traffic moving thru it. Canada actually has control of it.
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many
     

  3. #12
    Senior Member Computer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    17,043
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    50515
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As far as I know there is only one small contested claim with Canada in the northeast. However it is a remote location and has no real traffic moving thru it. Canada actually has control of it.
    Any claims uncontested?
    OS - Post and Roast 2.0

  4. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Posts
    17,078
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    48516
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree Babe it is serious. China has pushed us into a corner. Now we can either stand up and be a man so to speak or bow our heads and let china have their way.

    The Phillipines wont even stamp chinese passports directly because the chinese are putting a territorial map on the passports that shows their unrecognized claims.

    China is betting the US will do nothing and so far they have been right. Wake the **** up!!!
    Let me give you this from an economic perspective.

    This is the reason we've been trading china a bunch of paper for their low skill junk. We own these bitches now that they've become dumb enough to hinge their economy on ours.

    If china gets frisky then we shut off all imports, the allies discontinue shipping them metals, coal, food, & oil, and we congratulate them on holding how ever much trillion plus treasuries that we are now not going to pay them anything for. China knows this of course & that's why they are fighting for international relevancy while digging for meaningful trade power with other players.

    It's rare that the commie leaders say this but this is exactly why they say they hate us. We are too damn powerful and there is nothing they can do about it because we've game planned them into a corner. Their only strength is sending hordes of citizens armed with sticks & stones back through N. Korea, the Iran relations & such, or finally giving in by democratizing the nation. Too bad Israel is badass and would chimp chop Iran pretty quickly as long as they don't have nukes -- that's key.


    As far as their navy goes....well, ours would have a good laugh at those rafts.


    Put some respeck in my paycheck

  5. #14
    Modstapo Stoked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Southern Utah
    Posts
    33,890
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    53877
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    It's not the Chinese navy that I am worried about. I am worried about their computer hacking abilities and the damage they might do to infrastructure here in the US. Damage to things like cell towers and power grids.
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

  6. #15
    In pursuit of #9 Dr. Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    62,117
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    96720
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    I appreciate all these conversations, but our daily-increasing debt is the one thing that is quickly (if not already) becoming the no-way-back issue. I have at least 50 friends that are $100MM+ guys .. and NONE of them are cavalier about what is going on. ALL of them are in almost a coma like phase .. knowing America is done. They are making moves not for their personal investments, but to protect their grandkids from a country that will have a far inferior identity from what they grew up in ..

    make fun all you want, but there are REALLY smart people that have moved beyond concerned to it's over .. and it's not politics, it's economics.
    Fortune and glory, kid. Fortune and glory.

  7. #16
    Senior Member Computer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    17,043
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    50515
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Im not afraid of anyone shorter than me.
    OS - Post and Roast 2.0

  8. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Posts
    17,078
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    48516
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I appreciate all these conversations, but our daily-increasing debt is the one thing that is quickly (if not already) becoming the no-way-back issue. I have at least 50 friends that are $100MM+ guys .. and NONE of them are cavalier about what is going on. ALL of them are in almost a coma like phase .. knowing America is done. They are making moves not for their personal investments, but to protect their grandkids from a country that will have a far inferior identity from what they grew up in ..

    make fun all you want, but there are REALLY smart people that have moved beyond concerned to it's over .. and it's not politics, it's economics.
    3 deep level funny right here.


    Put some respeck in my paycheck

  9. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    In a ghetto near you. . . .
    Posts
    9,041
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    21067
    Rep Adjustment Power
    97
    Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does the U.S. claim any bodies of water similar to this?
    Well, at a level of complete, absolute ignorance about world affairs, I have to give you credit for recognizing US hegemony over virtually the whole world, via our lackey UN organization. Similarly, at a comparable level of understanding about Asian population I can see your point about how since you can't tell the difference between Asians how could anyone else.

    The fact is, we haven't been "our own nation" since the Civil War, the watershed of actual liberty which, while being loosely associated with a supposed advancement in civil liberty for the black slaves, was also the foot in the door for British interests which became prominent in banking and the various robber baron cartels. While the nominal "robber barons" were "Americans" at the head of these organizations, the money behind them, and the philosophy behind them, was a new outreach of British Imperialism. As a result, today our various leading "interests" influential in American politics are generally quite the reverse of "American" and quite the tweedle dee to the twiddle dumb of British interests. And following from than, the UN is really pretty much the British ideal of oligarchy and sophisticated management of world affairs through puppet stooges.

    The whole problem with the "New World Order" ideal of world governance is the fact that some of the "stooges" have become the gorillas in the bedroom of world dominance, and do in fact realize that their power is sufficient to re-order the whole "family" under their overt tyrrany.

    And I bet you won't be too happy with how that works out.

    Do nothing to defend the status quo in the South China sea, and it will be impossible to do anything about it anywhere else.

  10. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    In a ghetto near you. . . .
    Posts
    9,041
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    21067
    Rep Adjustment Power
    97
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Let me give you this from an economic perspective.

    This is the reason we've been trading china a bunch of paper for their low skill junk. We own these bitches now that they've become dumb enough to hinge their economy on ours.

    If china gets frisky then we shut off all imports, the allies discontinue shipping them metals, coal, food, & oil, and we congratulate them on holding how ever much trillion plus treasuries that we are now not going to pay them anything for. China knows this of course & that's why they are fighting for international relevancy while digging for meaningful trade power with other players.

    It's rare that the commie leaders say this but this is exactly why they say they hate us. We are too damn powerful and there is nothing they can do about it because we've game planned them into a corner. Their only strength is sending hordes of citizens armed with sticks & stones back through N. Korea, the Iran relations & such, or finally giving in by democratizing the nation. Too bad Israel is badass and would chimp chop Iran pretty quickly as long as they don't have nukes -- that's key.


    As far as their navy goes....well, ours would have a good laugh at those rafts.
    This is an excellent, concise, rationale for western arrogance, mediated by "our" institutions like banks or the UN. From an oriental or more particularly Chinese view, however, it looks like vulnerability.

    Before the Korean War, the Chinese studied MacArthur as the relevant man in Asia, and saw him as arrogant, hence vulnerable, and decided they could take him on. He did indeed prove vulnerable, not militarily but politically, and we ourselves unseated him as the relevant "man" in China, and showed ourselves to lack the will to achieve our national interests in Asia.

  11. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    14,599
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    7696
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    nuke china to kingdom come

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About Us
We are a community of Utah JazzFanz that are passionate about our team. We celebrate the highs that come with last second heroics and (some of us) cry in defeat. Welcome to our community. Be respectful of others and join in to the conversation...
Join us