Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

West Memphis Three

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Memphis_Three

Does anybody here know anything about this case? I would like to start a discussion on it.

If so, have you seen the 3 HBO documentaries on this case and the mass Hollywood support these guys got?

I believe these three men committed this crime. But for some reason millions do not. I have followed it for years, and cant see how people dont think they did it.

I would like to see what everyone here thinks about this.

I tried searching for it but no results, so I dont know if it has been discussed before.
    OS - Post and Roast 2.0

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Memphis_Three

Does anybody here know anything about this case? I would like to start a discussion on it.

If so, have you seen the 3 HBO documentaries on this case and the mass Hollywood support these guys got?

I believe these three men committed this crime. But for some reason millions do not. I have followed it for years, and cant see how people dont think they did it.

I would like to see what everyone here thinks about this.

I tried searching for it but no results, so I dont know if it has been discussed before.
    I watched a 20/20 thing on it awhile back I think. Was it the kids that went riding their bikes and never came back or something? Fill me in.
    Make jazzfanz UGLI Again

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Well it would probably be better if you clicked the link, but here is a summary....

Three young boys brutally murdered by these freaks. Were convicted and sent to jail. For whatever reason a bunch of people, including hollywood types believed they were innocent, so they fought to get them out of jail. It worked and now they are out of jail 18 years later. It disgusts me that they are free now and being portrayed as victims.
    OS - Post and Roast 2.0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    Well it would probably be better if you clicked the link, but here is a summary....

Three young boys brutally murdered by these freaks. Were convicted and sent to jail. For whatever reason a bunch of people, including hollywood types believed they were innocent, so they fought to get them out of jail. It worked and now they are out of jail 18 years later. It disgusts me that they are free now and being portrayed as victims.
    What makes you think they're guilty? And it's not just "Hollywood Types" that believe they were innocent - it's thousands of people and legal scholars.

When I saw the first documentary I thought Damien might be guilty. A lot of stuff didn't come out in the first doc about him like he spent time in mental institution, shared homicidal thoughts freely with doctors and claimed he was a vampire.

But from day one I felt that Jason and the other kid were completely railroaded. It's chilling how they put Jason away for life for no other reason than guilt by association. All based on a forced confession from a borderline retarded teenager.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    They were absolutely railroaded and had the misfortune of being tried by a bunch of hicks in Bible Belt USofA.

There is no evidence whatsoever against them. No physical evidence, and the eyewitnesses that testified have either recanted or provided horribly unreliable testimony. Much like Chris Masters here in Colorado they were found guilty because a jury of their "peers" couldn't wait to fry them.
    In Lindsay We Trust

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by candrew View Post
    What makes you think they're guilty? And it's not just "Hollywood Types" that believe they were innocent - it's thousands of people and legal scholars.

When I saw the first documentary I thought Damien might be guilty. A lot of stuff didn't come out in the first doc about him like he spent time in mental institution, shared homicidal thoughts freely with doctors and claimed he was a vampire.

But from day one I felt that Jason and the other kid were completely railroaded. It's chilling how they put Jason away for life for no other reason than guilt by association. All based on a forced confession from a borderline retarded teenager.

When I first saw the documentary I thought they were innocent too. I got really interested in it and I started searching the web for more information. I found a few websites dedicated to insisting they were guilty, and what I found out is that those documentaries are really misleading. These websites have every single piece of evidence that there is to be had on the case, including pictures and audio, from the crime scene and the court proceedings. It has all the testimonies and all that kind of stuff. All the stuff that was left out by those documentaries.

Here are a few links you can check out.

wm3truth.com

callahan.8k.com

http://www.westmemphisthreeguilty.co..._Contents.html

After taking in as much as I could from all that, I did a complete 180 on how I felt about it. And for the life of me I cant figure out why so many people think they are innocent and why these Hollywood people insisted on getting them out. Their supporters are just completely misinformed and out of their freaking minds.

The confession you speak of wasnt forced like people would have you believe. And the guy isnt retarded. Ill post a video of him and you can judge for yourself. The confession wasnt just once either. It happened on 5 different occasions, and the details the kid gives in his confession are just too much like what really happened for it not to be authentic. Nobody gives that kind of confession if they didnt commit the crime. The entire transcript and audio is available to hear and read. It wasnt forced and it wasnt made up.

To what you said about Damien spending time in a mental institution and claiming he was a vampire is all true, and it gets a lot sicker and demented than that. Ill let you read some of that on your own if you want or I can post some of it later. Not enough time right now to get into all of it. We can get into it later, but just to get the ball rolling you should check out some of the stuff on those websites

I brought this up because that sick documentary came on again and I went searching for new stuff and found some good youtube videos showing who Damien Echols
    is, and some of the lies he has been caught telling. These video arent major proof of guilt, but its enough to make you shake your head. It probably best to know all the characters and facts of the case before you watch, because they are kind of subtle. But Ill post them now and let you watch anyways. To me, Damien Echols is a sick and twisted, manipulating freak.

This is a 3 part small video series not too long. Here is part 1

OS - Post and Roast 2.0

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Part 2

OS - Post and Roast 2.0

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Part 3

OS - Post and Roast 2.0

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Part of Jessie Misskellie's confession

OS - Post and Roast 2.0

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate505 View Post
    They were absolutely railroaded and had the misfortune of being tried by a bunch of hicks in Bible Belt USofA.

There is no evidence whatsoever against them. No physical evidence, and the eyewitnesses that testified have either recanted or provided horribly unreliable testimony. Much like Chris Masters here in Colorado they were found guilty because a jury of their "peers" couldn't wait to fry them.
    Actually false. There is a lot of evidence against them. Including confessions.

Dont believe the Hollywood B.S. check it out for yourself.
    OS - Post and Roast 2.0