Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    The Magic shot 1-15 from the 3 point line, and most of them wide open. Make a few more, and they would have won. This has to be one of the most unconvincing Jazz wins in a long time.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Weezur View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Huh? I'm with Locke. Marvin and Hayward are great defenders. I don't mind having them out on the floor, they do a ton defensively. Hayward makes getting shots off him hard. Both are long and quick enough to keep up. Contrary to what people think, I don't believe Carrolle is as good a defender as others might think. He's not quick enough to keep up with some of the quicker players. And Foye is just awful.
    However, that being said, I'd take any of our wing defenders this year over the ones last year. CJ, Howard, and Bell all sucked nuts on defense.
    In general, Hayward is a very average defender, Marvin is average to solid. Neither creates any turnovers. In Locke's propaganda, that's because they cover their men so well and don't 'gamble' for steals. He then likes to use +/- minus numbers to defend them, but Marvin's come out good on that front. His last tactic is to skew his results from gameday like tonight and say X player didn't score on Hayward or Y player didn't score on Marvin. Also disingenuous.

Neither Marvin nor Hayward had any great defensive effect on tonight's game. And neither has been very good this year. But Locke has a lot invested in promising that Marvin would flourish in our system (hasn't happened) or that Hayward was going to take a jump (hasn't happened.) Maybe Locke will ultimately be right and both players will blossom. But he looks like a phony when tries to pump up their performances on nights when they suck.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by billyshelby View Post
    In general, Hayward is a very average defender
    It would be impossible for me to disagree more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    disagree on hayward's defense. his length, mobility and timing make him quite good man-to-man and in transition.

marvin hasn't blown me away defensively or offensively. in particular i dislike the way he kicks his heels up (drexler-style) on his jump shots and turn-arounds. it seems to result in a very unbalanced shot that isn't dropping, mostly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by billyshelby View Post
    Mo was 3/9 with 7 assists and 3 TO's and I loved him. He took a few idiotic shots, but he played within himself, was focused on keeping the offense moving, and I will like him a lot (more) if he keeps playing this way.
    i thought mo's best basketball for the year was his first quarter against the clippers the other night. pushed the ball, played under control, penetrated and dished and found the open man in general (6 assists in the qtr?). he generally nails that pull-up jumper in transition but he's very very good when he wants to take it all the way.

thought he was just ok tonight.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    How come the offense was not a post-up with Hayward every time Reddick was defending him? Seems like a very favorable matchup to me. It didn't really matter tonight because Al always had a favorable matchup. This team sucks at identifying good matchups (the few cases when they have one). Run pick and roll with Favors against a slow, soft big. If Gordon plays the two he should be posting up a lot more since he's bigger than about 99% of shooting guards. Millsap against a skinny dude. Millsap against a slow dude. Jefferson is their best matchup a majority of the time for every game, but the Jazz play as if he is the best option every second of every game, which is not the case. Even if he is the best option 95% of the time that still leaves 5%. This offense has no diversity, and has no idea how to take advantage of opportunities the defense gives it.
    Last edited by 8; 12-06-2012 at 01:57 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Foye: 30 mins 3 points.

Say it with me. Too many minutes
    "les grandes défaites forgent les grands hommes" - Rudy Gobert

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolution 9 View Post

I definitely agree 30 minutes is too many for the guy. But he has no competition at this point.
    As much as I love Burks, he plays well, but then he makes a million mistakes that put him back on the bench.
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSilencer1313 View Post
    I definitely agree 30 minutes is too many for the guy. But he has no competition at this point.
    As much as I love Burks, he plays well, but then he makes a million mistakes that put him back on the bench.
    Its not Ty's job to win games now, its Ty's job to win games in the future. #FreeAlecTrebek

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolution 9 View Post

He had an off game, still hit a HUGE 3 to put the Jazz back up late in the game. His 3 previous games were 20, 19, 12 .... Can't play well every game.