Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 53
  1. #41
    Senior Member MVP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    6,151
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    7740
    Rep Adjustment Power
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by DutchJazzer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    boozer is a better rebounder, better offensive player.
    and the same defensivly
    I disagree. Boozer benefited a lot playing for Sloan and with DWill where he got unlimited opportunities to score. Just see how his PPG skyrocketed after joining Jazz and dropped after playing for Bulls. big AL on the other hand had his best PPG season not with Jazz and it was 2 pts/average more then Boozer. Individually in the low post big AL is much better offensive player then Boozer and it is not even close. But Boozer is better in pick and roll - thus depending more on good PG and right offensive system.
    And give me a break but there is no worse defensive player in NBA then Boozer. He is the worst big man defending in the paint - period.
    Learning begins when you do not know the answer.

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     

  3. #42
    Senior Member Weezur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,316
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    4739
    Rep Adjustment Power
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by LiemD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A lot of hate on this board for big al and I have no reason why? Comparing him to boozer isn't right, he's better offensively and defensively. And he's by far our best player and has been for 2 years. Why does everyone want to trade him? We need to resign him! Are we too used to Malone that we want to trade every PF we get?

    Don't you realize that Favors is the next Malone and Kanter is Dirk Nowitzki?

  4. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Look at my "nick".
    Posts
    1,074
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    2718
    Rep Adjustment Power
    28
    Most of us loves Al, but with him we know how far we can go and he would not improve his game anymore. He would convey us to a point, as he did last year, but thats not enough. We got talented young bigs and we need room for them and we impatiently waiting for how far we can go with them. Thats why most of us want him traded and i dont think its hating.

  5. #44
    Senior Member addictionary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    12,057
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    34264
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by LiemD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A lot of hate on this board for big al and I have no reason why? Comparing him to boozer isn't right, he's better offensively and defensively. And he's by far our best player and has been for 2 years. Why does everyone want to trade him? We need to resign him! Are we too used to Malone that we want to trade every PF we get?
    good thread. first of all, I'm not one of them, I actually think he saves jazz team's ass when the bench lacks success in offense. he is very talented as a post-move player. I won't list his down sides here at this topic, many know it all. but usually people hate him over his extra high salary, his defense, or him being a wall against the growth of favors and kanter. so if you'll play big al, you have to get rid of one or two of the other bigs. if you don't, you will not be able to make them better players and this will lead to team's capacity go down, or their trade value as well. but as a player, of course he is very good. and as a person, he is also better than most of the star players.

  6. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    14,599
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    7696
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Catchall View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Boozer isn't as reliable a scorer as Jefferson imo. DWill made Boozer look better than he is by getting him the ball in the few spots he could score.
    corbin makes jefferson look better then he is by forcing every godd dammed single time down the floor in half court set to go through jefferson

  7. #46
    Senior Member GVC's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    I'm jus' one dem guys...come, scrap, blue collar, junkyard dog
    Posts
    7,278
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    16522
    Rep Adjustment Power
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by Catchall View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Boozer isn't as reliable a scorer as Jefferson imo. DWill made Boozer look better than he is by getting him the ball in the few spots he could score.
    What does this even mean? Does Al score from more spots on the floor than Boozer?

    And I think you might be surprised to learn that Boozer has still managed to score 18.7 pp36 in Chicago with a TS% of .539. Al has averaged 19.3 pp36 with a TS% of .524 in Utah.

    Of course, this is ignoring the fact that Boozer played his first season in Utah without Deron and Al has played 30% of his games in Utah with Deron. Boozer provided more volume, more efficiently in those games (18.5 pp36 on .560 TS% vs. 17.7 pp36 on .521 TS%).
    http://jazzfanz.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=133&dateline=1317382587

  8. #47
    Senior Member sojodave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In Front Of My 100" Screen
    Posts
    2,329
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    3344
    Rep Adjustment Power
    37
    I love Big Al. He can't defend his shadow, but he has worked on his low-post game to be low-post threat every night. He is up against players who are taller than he is every night. Big Al is who he is, a flawed player who tries hard every night. I just wish he could move better on defense.

  9. #48
    Senior Member mct's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    186
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    1038
    Rep Adjustment Power
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by GVC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What does this even mean? Does Al score from more spots on the floor than Boozer?

    And I think you might be surprised to learn that Boozer has still managed to score 18.7 pp36 in Chicago with a TS% of .539. Al has averaged 19.3 pp36 with a TS% of .524 in Utah.

    Of course, this is ignoring the fact that Boozer played his first season in Utah without Deron and Al has played 30% of his games in Utah with Deron. Boozer provided more volume, more efficiently in those games (18.5 pp36 on .560 TS% vs. 17.7 pp36 on .521 TS%).
    How do the efficiency numbers compare when you factor in TOs as FGAs?

  10. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    14,599
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    7696
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by sojodave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I love Big Al. He can't defend his shadow, but he has worked on his low-post game to be low-post threat every night. He is up against players who are taller than he is every night. Big Al is who he is, a flawed player who tries hard every night. I just wish he could move better on defense.

    really?

    he did not even try versus the spurs in the playoff.
    he quit before the game even started.
    he does not try on defense

  11. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    3,240
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    3775
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DutchJazzer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    really?

    he did not even try versus the spurs in the playoff.
    he quit before the game even started.
    he does not try on defense
    Maybe getting his ass kicked by the best power forward to ever play was because he wasnt trying.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About Us
We are a community of Utah JazzFanz that are passionate about our team. We celebrate the highs that come with last second heroics and (some of us) cry in defeat. Welcome to our community. Be respectful of others and join in to the conversation...
Join us