Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 149
  1. #131
    Senior Member spycam1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The Twilight Zone
    Posts
    16,463
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    38110
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronco70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This thread has run its course, and nobody probably cares, but this is my perspective on GM, in a nutshell:

    The problem is two-pronged.

    1. Rights, privileges, and benefits extended to married couples. If there is inequity in any of these from heterosexual couples to homosexual couples, then one is not being treated equally, as the constitution guarantees. That's a problem. This would really be an easy fix, if it were the only issue. Make every "marriage", in the eyes of the gov't, a domestic partnership and extend the same rights to everyone. But, that isn't the only issue.

    2. Essentially, one group is telling another group that the latter must abide by the former's beliefs. Admittedly, I used to think, "Why all the fuss over a title? Give a recognized domestic partnership the same rights as a marriage and everyone stop whining." I have since reconsidered my position. Being told that you can't have or be something that someone else can, because you're different by standards that are not your own, is irrational.

    3. Bitches be crazy!

    That's pretty much it.
    Fixed.

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many
     

  3. #132
    Late Stage Rebuilder BabyPeterzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,148
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    14238
    Rep Adjustment Power
    75
    [QUOTE=Stoked;442545]I am LDS (kind of). That arguement is no more valid than the one you are fighting against. You want to debase and generalize about a demographic while fighting that being done to another demographic. However no I do not see a gay man and think "sinner". I have enough of my own problems to deal with to worry about his.[\QUOTE]

    Ok, once you figure out whether or not you are LDS you let me know. Until then, do you believe homosexual sex to be a sin?

    Yes that is an over dramatic quote for this topic but you see the point. Gay marriage, and full equal rights, should be immediately passed. However the attacking of any disagreement with the gay agenda or its members needs to stop as well. Two wrongs do not make a right.
    So what is your disagreement with "the gay agenda"? BTW, if you are using the term "the gay agenda" to homosexuals I can see why they think you're a homophobe. Just sayin, your language is offensive.
    #Bakkthoscakks&piis

  4. #133
    Modstapo Stoked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Southern Utah
    Posts
    33,911
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    53877
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by One Brow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Silly me. I thought the goal was communicaiton, not pontification.
    It is. But your attempt to place everything into "laywer speak" if you will is no more useful than "pontification".
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

  5. #134
    Late Stage Rebuilder BabyPeterzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,148
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    14238
    Rep Adjustment Power
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronco70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just for the record Pete, I'm LDS, and I have no problem with gay marriage (I certainly don't consider my self the standard, tho...)
    Most people on this site are LDS. I have no issue with members of the LDS Church, I just think the stance it takes on homosexuality, and women, is unfortunate to put it lightly.

    I hope my opinions on this subject are not a reflection of my opinions of individuals, but the LDS Church's doctrine and nothing more.
    #Bakkthoscakks&piis

  6. #135
    Senior Member spycam1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The Twilight Zone
    Posts
    16,463
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    38110
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyPeterzz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Most people on this site are LDS. I have no issue with members of the LDS Church, I just think the stance it takes on homosexuality, and women, is unfortunate to put it lightly.

    I hope my opinions on this subject are not a reflection of my opinions of individuals, but the LDS Church's doctrine and nothing more.
    If you had to sum up why the LDS Church considers homosexuality a sin, what would you say?

  7. #136
    world's worst Bronco70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In the backseat
    Posts
    5,071
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    12416
    Rep Adjustment Power
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyPeterzz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Most people on this site are LDS. I have no issue with members of the LDS Church, I just think the stance it takes on homosexuality, and women, is unfortunate to put it lightly.

    I hope my opinions on this subject are not a reflection of my opinions of individuals, but the LDS Church's doctrine and nothing more.
    I understand where you're coming from. I just wanted you to know that not all of us are anti gay marriage.

  8. #137
    Late Stage Rebuilder BabyPeterzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,148
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    14238
    Rep Adjustment Power
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronco70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I understand where you're coming from. I just wanted you to know that not all of us are anti gay marriage.

    Honestly, many of my LDS friends are not against gay marriage.
    #Bakkthoscakks&piis

  9. #138
    the Chief Old D'oh moevillini's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Praying for whirled peas
    Posts
    10,145
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    24698
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronco70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This thread has run its course, and nobody probably cares, but this is my perspective on GM, in a nutshell:

    The problem is two-pronged.

    1. Rights, privileges, and benefits extended to married couples. If there is inequity in any of these from heterosexual couples to homosexual couples, then one is not being treated equally, as the constitution guarantees. That's a problem. This would really be an easy fix, if it were the only issue. Make every "marriage", in the eyes of the gov't, a domestic partnership and extend the same rights to everyone. But, that isn't the only issue.

    2. Essentially, one group is telling another group that the latter must abide by the former's beliefs. Admittedly, I used to think, "Why all the fuss over a title? Give a recognized domestic partnership the same rights as a marriage and everyone stop whining." I have since reconsidered my position. Being told that you can't have or be something that someone else can, because you're different by standards that are not your own, is irrational.

    That's pretty much it.
    agree with this

    the complications I see, and I'm not sure exactly what I think, other than the rights should be equally extended to all, are these (from real examples of folks I know)

    a neighbor's wife passed away, leaving him to raise 4 young children. her sister (his sister-in-law) moved in to the home to take care of the kids, and run the household and essentially be the domestic partner (exept that they did not have an intimate relationship) - this situation went on for about 4 years until the sister married her boyfriend (at that point the kids were all in school full time and the dad hired an after-school nanny) Because they each filed individual tax returns, they paid considerably more than they would have paid if they had been able to file a joint return.

    an elderly widowed lady moves in with her elderly bachelor brother, after 12 years he passes away leaving his entire estate to his sister and her kids - - she paid relatively high estate taxes because she was not able to take advantage of the estate tax exclusion that a married couple would have taken

    It seems to me that it would only be fair for the folks in situations such as these to have the same rights, privileges and benefits as anyone else - - I don't think it should have to depend on what sort of intimate relations you may or may not be having

  10. #139
    Senior Member Archie Moses's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    You've been hehepeepeecaca'd
    Posts
    7,830
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    11748
    Rep Adjustment Power
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyPeterzz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hope my opinions on this subject are not a reflection of my opinions of individuals, but the LDS Church's doctrine and nothing more.
    Would you rather the church change their doctrine to comply with your beliefs?
    http://jazzfanz.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3&dateline=1372802642

  11. #140
    Senior Member Archie Moses's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    You've been hehepeepeecaca'd
    Posts
    7,830
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    11748
    Rep Adjustment Power
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyPeterzz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Or you're just being called out on your **** and you're just unwilling to own it. Instead, you ebcome the victim and it's all their fault you think they're dirty sinners. Pardon me if I don't weap for you.
    You're a cool guy, but whenever there is a thread about mormons, you're a whinny bitch. With that said, I still like you cause you give me 5 bucks once.
    http://jazzfanz.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3&dateline=1372802642

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About Us
We are a community of Utah JazzFanz that are passionate about our team. We celebrate the highs that come with last second heroics and (some of us) cry in defeat. Welcome to our community. Be respectful of others and join in to the conversation...
Join us