Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 93
  1. #81
    Senior Member Brown Notes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,367
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    1333
    Rep Adjustment Power
    28
    Toronto's GM and coach are completely retarded with the singular exception of drafting JV which was a total no-brainer.

    Lowry is not that great, Calderon is better. Bargs is completely miscast as a starting offensive focus and looks totally disinterested. They ought to be playing Jose and Jonas 30 MPG together minimum, with a shooter on the floor (ah, Bargs) as the outlet to that pnr.

    I could run that team way better than they do. Those people are ridiculous.
    "I'm a moron for thinking the Browns could even sniff 10 wins in a division where the other three teams (two of whom almost always make the playoffs) made the post-season last year. Gyp Rosetti's thee God of football knowledge." - Brown Notes

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     

  3. #82
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Look at my "nick".
    Posts
    1,074
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    2718
    Rep Adjustment Power
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by AKMVP View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thats some kind of BS fan view, doubt he even watched the game - look at all Kanter's points scored. He scored 2 pts vs JV, how is that "lit up"? He did all his damage vs Bargnani, Johnson or whoever else was guarding him. If we would look at production vs each other actually JV scored 4pts after Kanter fouled him twice so you could even say that JV won head to head matchup.
    You're accusing someone about did he even watch the game but now im in doubt, did you watch the game? When JV is on the floor Kanter scored 9 and you should count that pick&roll and iso plays that JV lost his man and let Bargs handle it or whoever playing beside him. That iso and pick&roll plays in his arsenal (especially iso plays) and if you want to make a proper head to head comprasion you should count them too.

  4. #83
    Senior Member Eenie-Meenie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,136
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    3920
    Rep Adjustment Power
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by Thee jazz fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not often he plays that many minutes though, it could be a factor.
    No, I noticed the same thing that he was laboring at times going up and down the court.

  5. #84
    Senior Member MVP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    6,151
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    7740
    Rep Adjustment Power
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by CitizenofCapua View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You're accusing someone about did he even watch the game but now im in doubt, did you watch the game? When JV is on the floor Kanter scored 9 and you should count that pick&roll and iso plays that JV lost his man and let Bargs handle it or whoever playing beside him. That iso and pick&roll plays in his arsenal (especially iso plays) and if you want to make a proper head to head comprasion you should count them too.
    I have game recorded and rewatched some key moments and sorry but you are wrong here. You should look at points scored directly vs each other, not when Kanter was guarded by Bargnani while JV was chasing Millsap 15FT from the basket. I can agree that you could add 2 FT he made after Pietrus fouled him on that first play as that one was after pick and roll ( probably first properly executed pick and roll by Kanter I have ever seen) vs JV but not any more points, just rewatch highlights with all his pts scored one more time. And when it comes to rebounds actually JV grabbed two of his offensive boards over Kanter, won jump ball and did not let Kanter grab any offensive boards while he was guarding him. His length and reach was compensating for Kanter's advantage in strength. Now if we look at shots vs each other, Kanter missed 3 jumpers and made fast break layup. JV attempted two shots where he got fouled by Kanter and made 4 FT after that.
    Not much of a head to head duel at the end of the day. But I am excited to see what it will look few years from now or even next year in Eurobasket if Turkey and LT play each other at some point.
    Learning begins when you do not know the answer.

  6. #85
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Look at my "nick".
    Posts
    1,074
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    2718
    Rep Adjustment Power
    28
    ^^ We can hope for a match-up at Eurobasket between LT and Turkey. It has always been fun.
    I think that iso plays, its a part of the match up cause Enes forcing Bargs to defend him and JV to stay on Millsap after his PnR deffense, its not a circumstantial thing.
    Last edited by CitizenofCapua; 12-09-2012 at 11:29 AM.

  7. #86
    Senior Member CAKAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,081
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    5354
    Rep Adjustment Power
    36
    JV again sucking, this time vs the Clippers. 18 Minutes 0/3 from The Field 3 Rebounds 5 PF, 1 As, 1 Point

    This guy is planned as Starter ,I just donīt want to imagine, how bad he would look, playing almost garbage time every game like Kanter does. And fighting against the oppurtunity for substitutions after every mistake.
    Quote Originally Posted by CAKAR View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Al is soft ? he is just a nice guy. Sometimes he avoids contact, just to protect other players from his strength. He is a player, who cares for other players. Trust me dude, they say BIG-AL breaks the neck of a bull, just with his pure hands.
    Why they call him BIG-AL, think of it

  8. #87
    Senior Member Jazz4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    7,404
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    7377
    Rep Adjustment Power
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by CAKAR View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    JV again sucking, this time vs the Clippers. 18 Minutes 0/3 from The Field 3 Rebounds 5 PF, 1 As, 1 Point

    This guy is planned as Starter ,I just donīt want to imagine, how bad he would look, playing almost garbage time every game like Kanter does. And fighting against the oppurtunity for substitutions after every mistake.
    Good point. Also I'm not buying the argument that Kanter has more experience than him either. JV has been playing professionally for 2 years in a league superior to the NCAA. Kanter had a 2 year layoff, then a 15 mpg rookie year in a lockout shortened season.

  9. #88
    In pursuit of #9 Dr. Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    62,113
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    96720
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good point. Also I'm not buying the argument that Kanter has more experience than him either. JV has been playing professionally for 2 years in a league superior to the NCAA. Kanter had a 2 year layoff, then a 15 mpg rookie year in a lockout shortened season.
    Exactly .. Those opposed to Kanter and pro-JV were talking about how Kanter should have done things the way JV did and stay in Euro ball 'for experience' .. now what??
    Fortune and glory, kid. Fortune and glory.

  10. #89
    Senior Member addictionary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    12,057
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    34264
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good point. Also I'm not buying the argument that Kanter has more experience than him either. JV has been playing professionally for 2 years in a league superior to the NCAA. Kanter had a 2 year layoff, then a 15 mpg rookie year in a lockout shortened season.
    who said it? kanter is one of the most inexperienced players in the league.

  11. #90
    Senior Member Saint Cy of JFC's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    69,485
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    58287
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    One thing that has really impressed me about Kanter is his ability to exploit mismatches in size and strength. When someone is guarding him who isn't his size, he knows how to score on them. I wish I could say the same thing about Favors.
    Shovel your way out of the s***

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About Us
We are a community of Utah JazzFanz that are passionate about our team. We celebrate the highs that come with last second heroics and (some of us) cry in defeat. Welcome to our community. Be respectful of others and join in to the conversation...
Join us