Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    I'm jus' one dem guys...come, scrap, blue collar, junkyard dog
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I couldn't understand why Toronto didn't keep Val in and give him the ball in the post on every possession when Millsap was playing the 5 with 2 fouls in the 2nd. Wear out the frontline, force Millsap to the bench and Kanter to play even more minutes than he's accustomed to.
    http://jazzfanz.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=133&dateline=1317382587

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by billyshelby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Al is perceived to be a black hole. A ball stopper. So when a game like Toronto happens, it only serves to reinforce that myth. The irony is this: the small lineups we played, even with all that ball sharing, would get us blown out of most games with credible opponents. But Toronto has no inside game, relies heavily on jumpshots, and plays no defense as evidenced by the fact they've given up 100 points or more in all but 4 of their games this season.
    Thanks for the response. Now, forget wins and losses for a moment .. do you think Al being in the game makes his teammates move less without the ball to get open? My specific curiosity is if the team plays better team ball w/o Al because they feel there's a better chance of being involved in the offense.

It sounds a little dumb to me, but I hear it ALL the time, so I don't just discount it as patently false.
    Fortune and glory, kid. Fortune and glory.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Al is perceived to be a black hole. A ball stopper. So when a game like Toronto happens, it only serves to reinforce that myth. The irony is this: the small lineups we played, even with all that ball sharing, would get us blown out of most games with credible opponents. But Toronto has no inside game, relies heavily on jumpshots, and plays no defense as evidenced by the fact they've given up 100 points or more in all but 4 of their games this season.
    I could look this up, but the question seems worth the typing:

How many times have they given up 130 points?
    {size/HUGE} RUDY {/size}
    Pres. & CFO of Sefolosha Fan Club (PM for details)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    We need a greater sample size.

I'm jus' one dem guys...come, scrap, blue collar, junkyard dog
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Al is perceived to be a black hole. A ball stopper. So when a game like Toronto happens, it only serves to reinforce that myth.
    That you make such strong statements with nothing to back them up is a head-scratcher, especially considering your history (the CJ Miles jock riding in particular).
    http://jazzfanz.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=133&dateline=1317382587

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOS View Post
    I could look this up, but the question seems worth the typing:

How many times have they given up 130 points?
    Answer: zero times in regulation-length games.
    The Jazz scored 140 on them in triple OT earlier this year.
    {size/HUGE} RUDY {/size}
    Pres. & CFO of Sefolosha Fan Club (PM for details)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    Thanks for the response. Now, forget wins and losses for a moment .. do you think Al being in the game makes his teammates move less without the ball to get open? My specific curiosity is if the team plays better team ball w/o Al because they feel there's a better chance of being involved in the offense.

It sounds a little dumb to me, but I hear it ALL the time, so I don't just discount it as patently false.
    If players don't move, that's on Ty and the players. If they were constantly moving, cutting, and not getting the ball because Al was always in superstar mode, that would be different. But that's not what's happening.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by GVC View Post
    That you make such strong statements with nothing to back them up is a head-scratcher, especially considering your history (the CJ Miles jock riding in particular).
    So I should be deferring to the genius of a WoW acolyte who thinks basketball is a logarithm that can be figured out on an abacus?

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    If players don't move, that's on Ty and the players. If they were constantly moving, cutting, and not getting the ball because Al was always in superstar mode, that would be different. But that's not what's happening.
    Cool. Nice to hear an opposing view to that of the masses.

I'll say I disagree with you but with the qualifier that I'm sure you breakdown the games far more than I do .. I watch them in more game-mode than analysis-mode.
    Fortune and glory, kid. Fortune and glory.

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post

I actually expect this. It's play design. Give the ball to AJ and get the hell out of his way/prepare to defend his misses. The Jazz offense went stagnant quite a few times when Corbin ran this through Kanter. Millsap looked somewhat frustrated by it at one time (in the 3rd IIRC), although I don't care to buy much into his body language here.

The difference I see between fans and reality, and one reason I defend Jefferson so adamantly, is the Jazz are going to win far fewer games without Jefferson even though the games will be much more exciting to watch. They'll also be highly frustrating at times when the team has zero offensive cohesion and no go-to players to stop scoring droughts.

Put some respeck in my paycheck